pixeltracker

Why did you join Broadway World?

Why did you join Broadway World?

Jasmine Reed
#1Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 5:27pm

I'm writing an article for my website and will include a link to this post.

JasmineReedTheAuthor.weebly.com

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 6:20pm

Full-time hours only working part-time. The start-up costs were a bit extreme. I heard they’re much lower now.

JSquared2
#3Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 6:21pm

For the free tote bag.

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#4Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 7:07pm

I’m trying to locate my lost pet, Janice the cat.

adotburr
#5Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 7:29pm

To earn rewards points that I can redeem for tickets to Broadway shows

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#6Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 7:39pm

I joined as a young teenager who loved Wicked and RENT, as a place to learn about lotteries and rushes, cast changes, understudy patterns. In the process I learned a lot about other shows and theatre in general and I’m still here more than a decade later.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#7Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 7:49pm

As you can see from my profile pic, I'm a very large aquatic Pokemon with a very tiny piano keyboard. When I joined in the mid-2000s, my franchise was in its first and only popularity downswing, so I found a home here. On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog... or a ten-foot-tall hybrid of a tortoise and a battle tank, inexplicably inclined towards playing piano.

...Honest answer, Musicals.net was going under, so I found my way here and never dreamed of leaving, even during the dark days.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#8Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 7:49pm

I’m rather new to the boards, as I started posting more because I was looking for something new to be part of during the early days of the pandemic.

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 10/14/21 at 07:49 PM

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#9Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 7:56pm

I joined in 2012, having just been to SLEEP NO MORE. The 3 hour show drove me a little insane trying to piece together what I had seen; I was full of questions for Google, which helpfully linked me to this board and a thread about the show (already 20 pages long) filled with similarly obsessive fans. 

The place is now a little shopworn, but its still home.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#10Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 8:12pm

To meet straight men. 

Insider2 Profile Photo
Insider2
#11Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 8:42pm

To witness a bunch of people who are not half as clever as they think they are spew snark, condescension, and insults all over the place.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#12Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 8:49pm

I'm a glutton for punishment.

JasonC3
#13Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 9:03pm

For the same reason as everyone else: the always kind, always civil, always on topic comments.

Dollypop
#14Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 9:22pm

I was in love with Corine

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#15Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 9:58pm

When I joined in 2004 the world was different and this board was different. People came on here to chat, gossip, connect with others…I learned some cool stuff and heard interesting stories from old theatre folks…You’d get Broadway news before it even got officially announced…it was great.

Why do I come back and read this board almost every damn day? I guess I’m in a toxic relationship with this site that I just can’t get out of, lol. It’s been so long it’s like, “Why leave now?”

gibsons2
#16Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/15/21 at 12:53pm

I am new to the board and registered with one self serving purpose to ask if there were any discount code for upcoming Tina musical. I stayed for insightful recommendations and reviews. Some of the best plays I saw were recommended here, that otherwise I wouldn't even consider seeing.

adotburr
#17Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/15/21 at 1:06pm

Real reason I joined was to get non theatre critic reviews of plays and musicals. Some of my favorite shows are because of the reviews these members gave them. These boards also pushed me to see something outside of the tourist trap shows too which I am thankful for.

I had to make a new account recently because of an expired college email but I’ve been a member since 2016 or 2017.

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

Hairspray0901
#18Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/15/21 at 3:09pm

Back in the day (Lol) there were a lot of message boards revolving around a specific show - I recall being a member of Witches of Oz (Wicked) and The Guilty Ones (Spring Awakening), amongst others.

Broadwayworld wasn't (and isn't) about one specific show, but, about the industry as a whole. A place (though, often catty hah) where everyone seems to share the same interest - a love of live theatre.

ArtMan
#19Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/15/21 at 3:21pm

I don't remember how I even knew about the existence of Broadway World and what my motivation was for joining.  This board has always been catty.  But the catty remarks were often funny.  Now the remarks are just mean.  I have been one to never say anything negative to anyone unless they start it first.  Then it is game on.  I just miss the days, if I was having a bad day, I would come on here and someone would post something that would make me laugh out loud.  Not so much anymore.  When the old threads pop up, there are so many posters who regularly posted who are MIA now.  I always wonder, what happened to them.  I am only talking about going back a couple of years.

thatdarnzach
#20Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/15/21 at 3:50pm

I was in Los Angeles, gay, and 12 in 2003. There was literally no other choice.

ArtMan
#21Why did you join Broadway World?
Posted: 10/15/21 at 3:53pm

thatdarnzach said: "I was in Los Angeles, gay, and 12 in 2003. There was literally no other choice."

Now this is a LOL post.  Thank you.