pixeltracker

CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28

CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28

ElephantLoveMedley
#1CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 4:42pm

Closing a little over a month early, and citing their recently canceled performances.

https://twitter.com/smbahr14/status/1458912520601751564

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 4:45pm

A damn shame. Such a wonderful show. 

kwoc91
#3CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 4:50pm

Sorry to hear this news. I had such a fun experience at this show.

Dollypop
#4CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 4:58pm

I have to catch it one more time before it closes.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#5CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 4:58pm

Tough week for this production… first the COVID breakthrough cases, now this.

Oh look, a bibu!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#6CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 4:59pm

The show was undeniably struggling for a while, though the cancellation of performances certainly hastened it’s demise.

Its a pity because it was a truly hilarious evening with great talent on display. May it have a long life in regional theatres.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#7CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 5:06pm

It hasn’t been mentioned yet the show has extended cancellations through the 18th and perfs will resume the following day. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#8CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 5:24pm

It’s not really a surprise I suppose and it has always been  not infrequent for shows to close due to finances, but I woke up from a nap to this news and it made me sad. It wasn’t a perfect night at the theater, but it was certainly a fun one. It was my second post-lockdown Broadway show (following a few hours earlier by my first, American Utopia). 

It may be my foggy post-nap brain, but I can’t recall. Is this first post-lockdown Broadway show to close early? 

Updated On: 11/11/21 at 05:24 PM

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#9CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 5:25pm

Very sorry to hear this.  Saw it in September during its first week of previews and loved it.  

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#10CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 5:26pm

Miles2Go2 said: "It’s not really a surprise I suppose and it has always been not infrequent for shows to close due to finances, but I woke up from a nap to this news and it made me sad. It wasn’t a perfect night at the theater, but it was certainly a fun one. It was my second post-lockdown Broadway show (followed a few hours earlier by my first, American Utopia).

It may be my foggy post-nap brain, but I can’t recall. Is this first post-lockdown Broadway show to close early?
"

The Lyceum plays will close that same weekend, over a month and a half early.

Oh look, a bibu!

laurensambrose Profile Photo
laurensambrose
#11CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 5:43pm

How sad, this show looked really fun CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28 And I'm guessing there's no chance of it having a Dana H/Is This a Room rescue with how short notice this is? 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#12CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 5:56pm

I'm pissed at so many people right now. At unvaccinated people, for keeping this thing going for way longer than it needs to. At vaccinated people who are irrationally afraid to go to the theatre. At the media, for causing the previous thing.

All are contributing to not only this, but the entire struggle befalling Broadway right now.

Updated On: 11/11/21 at 05:56 PM

Theater3232
#13CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 6:06pm

So sad, closing after only 2 months (started previews 9/23).  Except for a few big Broadway hits, the demand just isn't there for most shows during a pandemic.  I'm also shocked at how poorly Radio City Christmas is selling too - most shows are barely selling.  I fear January will bring a true bloodbath.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#14CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 6:13pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "I'm pissed at so many people right now. At unvaccinated people, for keeping this thing going for way longer than it needs to. At vaccinated people who are irrationally afraid to go to the theatre. At the media, for causing the previous thing.

You don't get to tell vaccinated people their fear is irrational. Millions have died. 

adotburr
#15CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 6:31pm

Sutton Ross said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "I'm pissed at so many people right now. At unvaccinated people, for keeping this thing going for way longer than it needs to. At vaccinated people who are irrationally afraid to go to the theatre. At the media, for causing the previous thing.

You don't get to tell vaccinated people their fear is irrational. Millions have died.
"

Immunocompromised, had covid, and fully vaccinated here. I do not have a covid fear. I haven’t been to theatre because I just don’t have the money.

Also, people who are vaccinated still get covid so let’s not blame the endemic continuing on the unvaccinated. I will agree that media doesn’t help, either way. 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#16CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 6:41pm

That’s not fair to a lot of people. I was on the phone with my Mom for over an hour today talking about her fear of going, well anywhere. She’s fully vaxxed but terrified to go out. I’m trying to get her to start and do little things and ease her way back to normality but she’s very scared of still getting sick - and she’s not alone. It’s easier said than done to tell people to “get out and live your life, gurl” when we’re about to enter the third year of an event that’s completely altered the entire planet. I’ve said before, this is the type of event that defines future generations. It’s going to take time and Broadway has been open for less than 3 months. Slow sales and early show closings was 100% completely expected. 

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#17CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 7:18pm

Jordan, my grandmother is exactly the same way. She won’t go anywhere, and is fully vaxxed. It’s a very real and valid fear. It’s going to take a long time for a lot of people to let their conscience rest easy. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#18CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 7:19pm

Amazing and lucky for all involved (except the investors) that this play made it to Broadway in the first place.

BroadwayRox3588
#19CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 7:50pm

I said what I said, and have zero regrets.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#20CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 8:12pm

Jordan Catalano said: "That’s not fair to a lot of people. I was on the phone with my Mom for over an hour today talking about her fear of going, well anywhere. She’s fully vaxxed but terrified to go out. I’m trying to get her to start and do little things and ease her way back to normality but she’s very scared of still getting sick - and she’s not alone. It’s easier said than done to tell people to “get out and live your life, gurl” when we’re about to enter the third year of an event that’s completely altered the entire planet. I’ve said before, this is the type of event that defines future generations. It’s going to take time and Broadway has been open for less than 3 months. Slow sales and early show closings was 100% completely expected."

Exactly. Thank you, Jordan. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#21CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 8:17pm

Everyone gets to make their own decision regarding whether/when/how to re-enter the world post-Covid. I have friends and relatives who are scared. But make no mistake, while respect for Covid is rational, fear IS irrational. It's fine to be fearful but it is important to understand what is rational and what is not. And we can try to educate those we love because, also make no mistake, becoming a hermit is no more rational now than it was before Covid had a name. 

BroadwayRox3588
#22CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 8:22pm

HogansHero said: "Everyone gets to make their own decision regarding whether/when/how to re-enter the world post-Covid. I have friends and relatives who are scared. But make no mistake, while respect for Covid is rational, fear IS irrational. It's fine to be fearful but it is important to understand what is rational and what is not. And we can try to educate those we love because, also make no mistake, becoming a hermit is no more rational now than it was before Covid had a name."

Exactly. Look, I'm not saying people can't be afraid of Covid; and I am sorry if that wasn't clear. But letting it completely dominate your life, if you're vaccinated, makes about as much sense as letting the flu dominate your life. Breakthrough Covid is not the same thing as unvaccinated Covid, and the hospitalization rates right now make that pretty clear.

BroadwayRox3588
#23CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 8:29pm

And I'm sorry, but if this irrational fear (yes, I said it again) ends up killing the theatre industry, what are we supposed to do, just coddle people and say "It's okay, Rocky, you go when you feel like it?" Are we just supposed to let Broadway go out with a whimper like that? Because if so, that's just sad. I'm gonna fight like hell for this industry; and if that means I have to throw some tough love at people, then so be it.

Updated On: 11/11/21 at 08:29 PM

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#24CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 8:51pm

Adotburr  wrote in part:  " Also, people who are vaccinated still get covid so let’s not blame the endemic continuing on the unvaccinated. I will agree that media doesn’t help, either way."

The un-vaxed are very much at fault.  In those states that saw unprecedented cases this summer, such as Florida, the hospitals reported >90% of the hospital admits and deaths involved un-vaxed folks. Healthcare workers quit and staged walk-outs because of the unrelenting number of cases of death and severe illness that could've been prevented.  

The slow economic recovery and labor shortages can be traced to an unstable health/work environment.   Add to that the perverse vax conspiracy theories promoted on social media. And then we had that toxic orange politician and his followers doing everything in their power to subvert vax and masks such as banning mask mandates.  

The uncooperative helped drag on the pandemic.

Updated On: 11/11/21 at 08:51 PM

JasonC3
#25CHICKEN & BISCUITS To Close Early on 11/28
Posted: 11/11/21 at 8:57pm

It would be nice to have at least one thread every now and then where more comments reflect trying to respond with some understanding, humility, and even grace instead of going on the attack.