pixeltracker

SIX Broadway Replacements - Page 2

SIX Broadway Replacements

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#25Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 3/9/22 at 11:29am

MattieIce2018 said: "mikem said: "It sounds like Fuller isn't officially Jane Seymour until Monday. But has Abby Mueller already started her leave of absence? I'm wondering if we've already had the final performance of all 6 original Broadway queens."

Correct - Abby has already been removed from the Playbill. Fuller is listed, even though she hasn't started yet. Mallory Maedke was on for Jane Seymour last night but she's on vacation for the rest of the week according to her Instagram. I assume the other alternate who covers her will be on for the week, then? I just don't remember who it is.
"

Keirsten Nicole Hodgens. I’ve heard audio of her Seymour and she is INCREDIBLE.

Oh look, a bibu!

KathyNYC2
#26Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 3/9/22 at 10:04pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "MattieIce2018 said: "mikem said: "It sounds like Fuller isn't officially Jane Seymour until Monday. But has Abby Mueller already started her leave of absence? I'm wondering if we've already had the final performance of all 6 original Broadway queens."

Correct - Abby has already been removed from the Playbill. Fuller is listed, even though she hasn't started yet. Mallory Maedke was on for Jane Seymour last night but she's on vacation for the rest of the week according to her Instagram. I assume the other alternate who covers her will be on for the week, then? I just don't remember who it is.
"

Keirsten Nicole Hodgens. I’ve heard audio of her Seymour and she is INCREDIBLE.

She covers three roles - Jane, Anne of Cleeves and Catherine Parr. She is incredible in all of them. 

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#27Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 3/10/22 at 1:08am

It seems that Hana has joined to cover vacations. As someone else mentioned, Mallory is out now and having Hana cover from now until April 10th, that would be just enough time to cover all of the alts getting a week each.

Weren't they adding 5th alt? I recall a tease and then mention of a put in rehearsal for them but they have yet to materialize in the playbill or at any of the performances.

forfivemoreminutes
#28Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 3/10/22 at 9:53am

Scarlet Leigh said: "It seems that Hana has joined to cover vacations. As someone else mentioned, Mallory is out now and having Hana cover from now until April 10th, that would be just enough time to cover all of the alts getting a week each.

Weren't they adding 5th alt? I recall a tease and then mention of a put in rehearsal for them but they have yet to materialize in the playbill or at any of the performances.
"

Cassie Silva briefly joined the Broadway cast as a “fifth alt,” but mostly just to learn the show so she could move onto the tour (she’s an alt and dance captain for the Aragon tour). She was a standby for the Broadway cast briefly, but she never went on and she and the other tour queens are leaving today or tomorrow for Chicago.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#29Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 3/25/22 at 8:02pm

Seeing SIX live tomorrow night. So excited!

Oh look, a bibu!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#30Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 3/27/22 at 12:45pm

Well, that was fun!

Last night was LOUD - good thing I brought earplugs. This show is a brisk 80 minutes and it flew by. I still wish the creators had added about 10-15 mins during the shutdown to beef up the book and stray away from the concert concept a bit, but alas. The Saturday night crowd was electric, and I wouldn’t have it any other way, especially with the way SIX is structured.

SIX is definitely material that sings - and very well. Perhaps the most electronica-driven score I have heard since Natasha, Pierre.  Lots of shout-it-out-loud choruses, and more double entendres than any average episode of “Animaniacs.” All the ladies have superb voices. 
My seat was third row off to the left a bit, and the view was excellent! Adrianna basically played most of the show right in front of me, and I could see most of the ladies’ eyeliner quite easily. I also had an audible reaction at one point through my mask, to which Brittney pointed me out. 

For those wondering about Keri René Fuller and Joy Woods: Keri brings out a softer, edgier, more delicate side of Jane Seymour that worked for me. From what I have heard, Abby portrays a more steadfast Seymour. Joy was great too! I still can’t believe she is in the middle of just her second week on Broadway, but it felt like she had been playing Catherine Parr for a much longer time. Both Joy and Anna start off “I Don’t Need Your Love” very vulnerable before finding a solid groove (judging by an audio of Uzele). Joy and Keri have settled in very well in a quick amount of time! 

There was a BC/EFA appeal last night, delivered by Keri. Beautifully and eloquently delivered. 

When I was waiting for my guest to arrive before the show, I got to meet Julia Schade (who conducted last night and killed it) and newest understudy Hana Stewart. Both extremely kind women. No understudies performed last night. 

If possible, I’d like to see this one again with a full replacement cast. Who knows if SIX will turn out to be a major Tony contender this year, but it’s a hard-working crowd pleaser that I guarantee will run on Broadway for years. And if/when it closes, may I suggest a New World Stages transfer a la Avenue Q? This type of show would be perfect for the venue. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 3/27/22 at 12:45 PM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#31Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 3/27/22 at 12:49pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "And if/when it closes, may I suggest a New World Stages transfer a laAvenue Q? This type of show would be perfect for the venue."

This was my first thought after I saw the show - SIX is perfect for New World Stages.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#32Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 7/21/22 at 10:04am

Bumping this thread to state that Joy Woods will be departing on July 31, and Abby Mueller will depart August 7.

Adrianna Hicks will also be leaving the cast in the coming weeks (as she will be working on Some Like It Hot), but no specific date has been announced yet. 

Edited: Hicks will also leave 8/7. Bre Jackson will replace her as Aragon. Brennyn Lark will be the new Parr, and Fuller will return as Seymour (all beginning 8/9). 
Also joining the cast are new alternates Ayla Ciccone-Burton and Holli’ Conway.

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 7/21/22 at 10:04 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#33Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 7/21/22 at 11:38am

Yes Bre Jackson!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#34Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 7/21/22 at 11:55am

They didn’t miss a beat with the casting- but they never do at Six- all of these excite me, but I’m happiest most to see Brennyn Lark back onstage! 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#35Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 1:52pm

Jackson, Lark, Fuller, and the rest of the OG queens will play their final performance on December 4. 

Oh look, a bibu!

ElephantLoveMedley
#36Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 1:53pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Jackson, Lark, Fuller, and the rest of the OG queens will play their final performance on December 4."

Do you have a link?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#37Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 2:00pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Jackson, Lark, Fuller, and the rest of the OG queens will play their final performance on December 4."

Do you have a link?
"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkjEHTWuSI4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Oh look, a bibu!

BCfitasafiddle
#38Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 2:03pm

Wow. So we're getting a complete cast change in a month. That's wild and a bit soon for the Queens who just joined.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#39Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 2:36pm

Since the wording is a little sloppy in that Instagram post… 

Everyone is leaving SIX on 12/4 EXCEPT Ayla and Holli’. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Alexander Lamar
#40Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 2:37pm

Wow. Wasn’t expecting that but can understand them wanting to bring in an entire cast together.

Can we update the first post to be titled “SIX Cast Changes Thread”?

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#41Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 2:42pm

Andrea Macasaet has been casted as Mimi in the Stratford Festival's 2023 production of Rent in Ontario. So excited to see her.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

hearthemsing22
#42Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 2:42pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Wow. So we're getting a complete cast change in a month. That's wild and a bit soon for the Queens who just joined."

I thought the same-didn’t Aragon, Seymour and Parr start their official dates earlier this year like around August or something? 

amiyagi
#43Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 2:55pm

fashionguru_23 said: "Andrea Macasaet has been casted as Mimi in the Stratford Festival's 2023 production of Rent in Ontario. So excited to see her."

Seriously?? They don't have the full cast on their website yet. I go to Stratford every year, this is awesome! Excited to see what they'll do with Rent, especially on that stage. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#44Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 3:06pm

Saw something about Taylor Iman Jones coming in.

Alexander Lamar
#45Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 3:10pm

fashionguru_23 said: "Andrea Macasaet has been casted as Mimi in the Stratford Festival's 2023 production of Rent in Ontario. So excited to see her."

This is really exciting!!

hearthemsing22
#46Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 3:28pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Saw something about Taylor Iman Jones coming in."

NO WAY!!

ColdClimateDude
#47Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 3:35pm

Parr/Brennyn Lark has been out with a fractured foot for much of her run already and from watching IG lives it seems another queen unfortunately experienced the darker (i.e. more intrusive) side of the SIX fandom.  You can see where that wouldn't make for the happiest environments, regardless of how popular the show is.  The OGs have been with the show for so long, they would be invaluable fill-ins should the need ever arise, especially those swings.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#48Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 4:15pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Jackson, Lark, Fuller, and the rest of the OG queens will play their final performance on December 4."

Didn't this group of replacements just start? Did they even get a 6 month contract?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#49Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 5:00pm

It is very interesting everyone besides two alternates are leaving. They didn’t even think to space out departures?

I’m pretty Taylor Iman Jones is replacing Pauly. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Videos