pixeltracker

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO- Page 8

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#175Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/14/22 at 6:28pm

Tonight’s performance is SOLD OUT!  CHICAGO hasn’t seen this happen in almost 20 years!  

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#176Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/14/22 at 6:55pm

They've been sold out at times during the holidays and tickets are still available at TKTS last minute (40% off).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#177Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/14/22 at 9:57pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Side note - just saw photos of last night of Pam signing at the stage door so…that’s back, I guess lol"

I noticed that too, and I have seen some posts on Instagram of other stage doors where actors were signing or posing for pictures. I had thought that stage dooring was still banned, as was having any visitors backstage (which also doesn't seem to be a thing anymore). Maybe it was quietly brought back? Lol

Darreyl with an L!

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#178Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/22 at 12:35am

I really wanted to like the show tonight, but it just didn’t come together for me. Pam was hit and miss. She had great presence, looked fab, and showed glimpses of how brilliant a Roxie she could be, but other times she seemed uncomfortable and awkward onstage. She sped through lines and didn’t land a lot of the jokes. The audience was clearly so on her side, I wish she’d milked it. She mostly speak-sings, but is always on key when she’s full on singing. She just has a small voice, which is fine for the role. She often reminded me of Zellweger in the songs. Her dancing needs some sharpening and she bumped into Lana at one point in Hot Honey Rag. I’m hoping she settles in more and starts owning the stage because the crowds are pulling for her.

As for the rest of the cast, I was pretty disappointed. It didn’t seem like Pam had much to work with. Everyone was just walking through it and letting moments go by. Jokes were lost, lines were said on top of each other, and there was no variation or color to any of the scenes. I found myself mostly watching the ensemble. They were the ones finding the humor and the stakes.

Posner11
#179Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/22 at 9:25am

Off tangent but seeing some of the YouTube curtain call bows show a massive Chicago logo hangs in the background now. 

Has that always there in the Broadway show or a recent revamp when it reopened. Not seen it before in earlier clips and it's not in the UK version as far as know. (Seeing the current UK tour next week so will if any changes, that has its own stunt casting furore going on for planned mamma Morton role in a few weeks)

Chicago gets a lot of knocks mainly for running so long but on a good night it's still a fun enjoyable evening with knockout songs and routines, but the main spark comes of the cast are pushing the performance that bit more close to max and as a poster has said sometimes the ensemble take the chance to shine more than the leads. Hopefully Pamela can settle into the role as if she can calm the nerves and vamp it up she could be a knockout. Certainly she would be a box office draw no matter what country she played in and there are quite a few envious UK theatre goers wishing they could have the chance to see her.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#180Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/22 at 9:25am

The casting of Pam Anderson has absolutely nothing to do with whether she can do complete justice to the role. It’s more about cashing in on her notoriety which parallels to some extent with the part she is playing. 

This was a financial decision not an artistic one and it’s working! 

I hope she’s having fun up there! From the looks of it the audience is eating it up! 

Updated On: 4/15/22 at 09:25 AM

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#181Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/22 at 9:33am

Posner11 said: "Off tangent but seeing some of the YouTube curtain call bows show a massive Chicago logo hangs in the background now.

Has that always there in the Broadway show or a recent revamp when it reopened.
"

It’s an update from the fall reopening. There was some discussion about it back when it reopened and I can’t remember what the final consensus was, if it’s an LED logo, glitter, or something else. But yes, it is a newer addition. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

BrodyFosse123
#182Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/22 at 9:56am

It’s a light board logo: little light bulbs form the logo.

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

Phantom4ever
#183Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/22 at 4:00pm

Well it is definitely official with this thread that Chicago has replaced Phantom as the Official Show that BWW Message Board Hates. Patiently waiting for Wicked or Lion King to take over that title some day. 

I adore this show and I have seen it at the Ambassador 26 times, but not since February 2020. The only horrible stunt casted people I've seen were Wendy Williams and Erika Jayne. I'll be seeing Pamela next week and I am going in with a completely open mind. That said, I certainly will not mind if an understudy covers for her on the night I'm seeing the show. 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#184Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/22 at 4:16pm

Phantom4ever said: "Well it is definitely official with this thread that Chicago has replaced Phantom as the Official Show that BWW Message Board Hates. Patiently waiting for Wicked or Lion King to take over that title some day."

Based on what? It doesn’t seem to me like people here hate Chicago, or Phantom for that matter.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#185Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/22 at 6:07pm

Phantom4ever said: "Well it is definitely official with this thread that Chicago has replaced Phantom as the Official Show that BWW Message Board Hates. Patiently waiting for Wicked or Lion King to take over that title some day.

I adore this show and I have seen it at the Ambassador 26 times, but not since February 2020. The only horrible stunt casted people I've seen were Wendy Williams and Erika Jayne. I'll be seeing Pamela next week and I am going in with a completely open mind. That said, I certainly will not mind if an understudy covers for her on the night I'm seeing the show.
"

I think, perhaps, you are overstating with your statement about "Chicago" being most hated.  While some might carp about the unconventional casting and other aspects about the show, I see that, for the most part, people here support the show.  Count me as one of them.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#186Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/22 at 6:18pm

I would hardly call Chicago the most hated show on here. I think a lot of folks just seem to find the production to be a little lifeless and tired depending on the cast. I think that when Chicago has a solid cast that is high energy, the show is an absolute blast that is sexy, sleek, slick, and steamy (every time I have seen the tour, I would say this was the case). Interestingly enough, the couple times I saw the show on Broadway is when I found it to be a little lacking with an ensemble that looked bored and tired and leads just working through the motions.

That being said, I have not seen the Broadway production in a few years now. I am going to be seeing it in May as I really want to see Pamela Anderson's Roxie (I think the casting is so perfect). I am hoping the rest of the cast/ensemble is great too. I am very much looking forward to revisiting this one for sure.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

onesongglory2 Profile Photo
onesongglory2
#187Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/17/22 at 10:16am

Pamela plays through June 5, so can we assume that means her last performance will be the 7pm show? It’s a 2-show day.

BrodyFosse123
#188Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/17/22 at 11:12am

I heard she’s possibly extending an additional week or 2.  

onesongglory2 Profile Photo
onesongglory2
#189Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/17/22 at 11:21am

Oh! That would be great, thanks for the info.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#190Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/17/22 at 12:50pm

I wish they’d call Monica Lewinsky next.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#191Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/17/22 at 3:50pm

Take my money 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#192Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/24/22 at 4:59pm

I saw it this afternoon with my friends from out of town and I honestly was just grinning like an idiot the whole time from the minute the curtain went up. It definitely doesn’t have the staleness some have noted over the years, although some of the ensemble is definitely overacting a bit and could learn that subtlety in their tracks is just as effective.

Regarding Pam - she was honestly perfect for this role. She’s (Roxie) a performer wannabe and shouldn’t necessarily be coming off as stage-ready from the outset (a la Sally Bowles) and has room for some mediocrity. Not to say that she was mediocre, but she definitely fit the “exploited figure cum celebrity” mold and acquitted herself very nicely with the choreography. Her singing voice is not strong but she acts through the numbers very well and looks like she’s getting slowly more comfortable with the role (her nervousness/concentration is still visible on her face during Hot Honey Rag). Her and Lana Gordon (who was a stellar Velma) had EXCELLENT chemistry and not once did I think one ever outshone the other.

Sidebar: The orchestra definitely played over the singing sometimes and that made Pam a bit drowned out, but it eventually corrected itself 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

KMKJ
#193Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/25/22 at 11:31am

Returned for Anderson, after catching the re-opening in October.  

Pretty inspired stunt casting.  The show felt like an event again.  Flaws and all, Anderson succeeds as Roxie.  

She's totally likable, seductive, playful, rough around the edges.  She’s making choices; would love to see some bigger ones.  If I had to compare the modified choreo package to another, it’d be Griffith’s. 

Anderson went up on a line during the “Roxie” monologue but made a bit of it; sounded like a band member prompted her?  “Nowadays” oddly fell flat; nerves for what was to come?  Palpable concentration during “Hot Honey Rag” but, once she landed that cartwheel, in a total Roxie way, she gave us a “well look what I just did!” moment.  Pam beamed, I beamed.    

Gordon as Velma was a solid anchor.  Powerful voice.  Lacked spark & tension in her dancing, though. 

Braxton acquitted herself well enough but, was consistently under pitch.  Silverman felt too much like a Disney prince; there wasn't enough grit beneath the charming surface.  

Some Ensemble members still going full-out and nailing their moments.  And a handful still marking with lifeless execution.  A real shame.  

But ultimately, went for Pam…and I’m so jazzed I did.  

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#194Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/25/22 at 12:51pm

I have front row tickets for Thursday. I can’t wait !

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#195Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/25/22 at 1:08pm

I wonder if Pam will be a presenter at the Tony Awards. 

fbueller
#196Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/25/22 at 2:03pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "I heard she’s possibly extending an additional week or 2."

Such great news!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#197Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/25/22 at 3:00pm

I wonder if they will offer her the tour?  Isn't that what they did with Brinkley?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

BrodyFosse123
#198Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/25/22 at 3:18pm

DAME said: "I wonder if they will offer her the tour? Isn't that what they did with Brinkley?"

I doubt she’ll tour but I think you can expect her as Roxie if the tour plays Los Angeles. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#199Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/25/22 at 3:33pm

Isn't the tour going non-equity? I know that was the plan pre-pandemic, at least.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "