pixeltracker

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread- Page 4

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread

GoodbyeLoveRENT
#75MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 12/23/22 at 10:07pm

Does anyone know what happened to Declan Bennett? It seems like his understudies have been posting daily that they're on. Trying to catch him as the Duke before the end of his run!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#76MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 12/24/22 at 12:42pm

Clay Rice-Thomson posted this video yesterday and if you pause when the show the cast sign in sheet it says Declan is there and he’s also in the video.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#77MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 12/24/22 at 12:56pm

^I don’t think that sign in sheet is real. And that’s Aaron C Finley, not Declan, in the video.

JasonC3
#78MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 1/23/23 at 5:20pm

Recent interview with Tveit in which he talks about what it takes to perform in Moulin Rouge, as well as his hopes to one day play George Seurat in Sunday, Sweeney, and Jean Valjean.

Updated On: 1/23/23 at 05:20 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#79MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 1/23/23 at 5:28pm

JasonC3 said: "Recent interview with Tveit in which he talks ab out what it takes to perform in Moulin Rouge, as well as his hopes to one day play George Seurat in Sunday, Sweeney, and Jean Valjean."

Why isn’t Aaron the matinee Sweeney?

JSquared2
#80MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 1/23/23 at 6:10pm

CATSNYrevival said: "JasonC3 said: "Recent interview with Tveit in which he talks ab out what it takes to perform in Moulin Rouge, as well as his hopes to one day play George Seurat in Sunday, Sweeney, and Jean Valjean."

Why isn’t Aaron the matinee Sweeney?
"

Maybe because there is no "matinee Sweeney"?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#81MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 2/22/23 at 11:08am

Ashley Loren will play her final performance as Satine on April 9, alongside Tveit. 

Oh look, a bibu!

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#82MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 2/22/23 at 11:58am

Amber Ardolino is leaving Funny Girl in late March. Could she be the new Satine?

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Call_me_jorge
#83MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 2/22/23 at 12:22pm

JoJo the singer posted back in December a video of her rehearsing firework and she tagged Moulin Rouge to the video. That and the fact Alex Timbers and the resident director, Matt DiCarlo, both follow her makes me believe she’s Ashley’s replacement.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 2/22/23 at 12:22 PM

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#84MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 2/22/23 at 1:51pm

jonartdesigns said: "Amber Ardolino is leaving Funny Girl in late March. Could she be the new Satine?"

With how she departed the production? Absolutely 0 chance.

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#85MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 2/22/23 at 2:38pm

jonartdesigns said: "Amber Ardolino is leaving Funny Girl in late March. Could she be the new Satine?"

I believe she is dropping clue videos again on TikTok like she did to announce her going into Funny Girl in case anyone cares...I like mysteries, so I try to figure it out

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

bwaylady3
#86MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 2/23/23 at 9:56am

I was at the show last night and boy, do I wish this would have been the original leads. Aaron and Ashley have great chemistry and sounded amazing. I didn’t get a look at the mezz but there were no empty seats in the orchestra.
I don’t believe Ashley is doing matinees, but you couldn’t tell it was the second show for the others. It was a great audience too. I actually just bought a ticket for tonight because I won’t make it back to NY until Summer. With the additions of David Harris and Andre Ward, this show is a “must see” between now and Apr 9.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#87MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 2/25/23 at 11:21pm

Jessica Lee Goldyn and Caleb Marshall-Villarreal are also leaving the cast on April 9. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Call_me_jorge
#88MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 2/26/23 at 10:56am

It wouldn’t shock me if Libby Lloyd and Gabe Martínez were next to make the transfer from the tour to broadway.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#89MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 2/26/23 at 11:46am

EDSOSLO858 said: "Jessica Lee Goldyn and Caleb Marshall-Villarreal are also leaving the cast on April 9."

Surprised Goldyn is leaving. She talked about how she booked the tour as Nini just prior to Covid and how badly she wanted the role. then once things came back up and running they decided to have her replace Robyn instead. Thought she'd stick it out for another year. Wonder what she's got lined up next?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#90MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 2/28/23 at 11:13am

Sophie Carmen-Jones comes to New York from the West End and will be the next Nini beginning April 11.

That same day, Ricky Rojas rejoins the Broadway company as Santiago. 

Oh look, a bibu!

NotThatSmart Profile Photo
NotThatSmart
#91MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 3/16/23 at 1:56pm

Anyone know if JoJo will do all 8 shows a week? Has she announced a weekly performance she won’t do? The Satine normal is that they don’t do all 8, but she has a limited run and is a star vehicle.

I’m going to a Saturday Matinee, but it’s her very last weekend (July 15), so hopefully she won’t take her Saturday Matinees off! I believe Ashley does them? She doesn’t do Wednesday Mats. 

Updated On: 3/16/23 at 01:56 PM

hearthemsing22
#92MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 3/16/23 at 5:42pm

NotThatSmart said: "Anyone know if JoJo will do all 8 shows a week? Has she announced a weekly performance she won’t do? The Satine normal is that they don’t do all 8, but she has a limited run and is a star vehicle.

I’m going to a Saturday Matinee, but it’s her very last weekend (July 15), so hopefully she won’t take her Saturday Matinees off! I believe Ashley does them? She doesn’t do Wednesday Mats.
"

I think it's way too early to know this. Maybe wait until closer to her first week or first week for any schedule changes. But I think the understudy/standby does go on Tuesdays? So that might be the only day she doesn't perform barring any extenuating circumstances. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#93MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 3/22/23 at 8:07pm

Several JoJo absences posted on her socials. It also says that Sunday matinees will be added after 5/7:

Wednesday Matinee 4/12

Sunday 4/16

Wednesday Matinee 4/19

Sunday 4/23

Wednesday Matinee 4/26

Sunday 4/30

Saturday 5/6

Sunday 5/7

Wayman_Wong
#94MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 4/3/23 at 5:56pm

Aaron Tveit, Tony winner and Broadway's current Christian, dishes about ''Moulin Rouge!'' with Jamie Muscato, London's current Christian. They trade thoughts about the challenges of their show and their favorite moments. Small world that it is, Aaron and Jamie first met 11 years ago on the movie set of ''Les Miserables.''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr0xHAj2dPw&t=905s

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#95MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 4/3/23 at 5:58pm

Jeigh Madjus is also departing the Broadway company on April 9, and David Merino will replace him as Baby Doll. This will be Merino's Broadway debut. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 4/3/23 at 05:58 PM

NotThatSmart Profile Photo
NotThatSmart
#96MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 4/11/23 at 11:15pm

Anyone there to report on JoJo’s first show?

Wayman_Wong
#97MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 4/12/23 at 2:36am

A TikTok of Aaron Tveit and Ashley Loren's final bows on Sunday (April 9):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APqOGrzcbUM

Updated On: 4/12/23 at 02:36 AM

Alyssa213
#98MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 4/13/23 at 5:34pm

NotThatSmart said: "Anyone there to report on JoJo’s first show?"

It was fine. Definitely think she will grow as she loses some nerves in the next months. Would I say it is a must see stop though if someone was between this show and another, probably not.

Listener
#99MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
Posted: 4/13/23 at 7:13pm

Good to hear. I was considering seeing this, as a friend saw it a year ago and raved, but had my doubts.

Videos