pixeltracker

West End CABARET Revival (and B’way Transfer?) - News & Discussion Thread- Page 4

West End CABARET Revival (and B’way Transfer?) - News & Discussion Thread

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#75West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 3:59pm

RippedMan said: "Def seems like a must-see.

Now having seen the pictures, how much was refurbished? Like were the walls re-painted, all the molding redone?
"

At least in the lobby and entrance, I didn't catch anything refurbished or painted. They use the stage door entrance for the audience to make it feel that you're going underground. They use some bead curtains and neons but that's it. The main bar has some sort if golden fabric/material that I didn't get at all. 

It's mostly an illusion than a transformation.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

52889j
#76West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 5:49pm

Updated On: 5/13/22 at 05:49 PM

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#77West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 6:29pm

Try again?

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#78West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 6:40pm

I think they were trying to post a photo a DeuxMoi blind item which strongly implies that Gaga will be bringing Cabaret over and that they’re trying to bring Eddie Redmayne too. If Gaga is doing this thing, my dreams of having her on Broadway are finally coming true. Fingers crossed!

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#79West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 6:57pm

West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?Why Gaga? She's an Oscar winner, not an Oscar nominated actress and musician. Jessie Buckley tho is an Oscar-nominated actress and musician. Although the phrasing seems to suggest that only one of the leads is going over

Updated On: 5/12/22 at 06:57 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#80West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 7:00pm

Lord that would be the most expensive ticket ever. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#81West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 7:02pm

Ooooh will Rosie be Fraulein Schneider??? Will they finally get to do a musical together?? 

lopside
#82West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 7:13pm

imeldasturn said: "West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?Why Gaga? She's an Oscar winner, not an Oscar nominated actress and musician. Jessie Buckley tho is an Oscar-nominated actress and musician. Although the phrasing seems to suggest that only one of the leads is going over"

I think it's because of the "A+" list thingy in the subject, and the him being framed as the one reprising the role. I can't imagine either Redmayne or Buckley going sans the other, except if either one of them was offered it and refused, which is a case I could see being true of Redmayne. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#83West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 7:37pm

It says musician. That's why Buckely wasn't in the convo.

willep
#84West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 7:45pm

She’s released two singles this year. Technically she’s a musician.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#86West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 8:11pm

In all seriousness, if there is one A+ lister wanting to come to Broadway that I personally think would be a brilliant Sally, it’s Scarlet Johansson. 

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#87West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 8:30pm

Jordan Catalano said: "In all seriousness, if there is one A+ lister wanting to come to Broadway that I personally think would be a brilliant Sally, it’s Scarlet Johansson."

I’ve always wanted Carey Mulligan for Sally and I think she’d be brilliant. I wouldn’t necessarily call her an A+ List Actor but my god would I love to see her do it.

willep
#88West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 8:36pm

I’d pay full price to see Mulligan play Sally.

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#89West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 8:56pm

this also seems to imply alan cumming returning to cabaret? what do we think the odds of that are.

I never got to see him in 2014(was 12 years old) or the 90s(was -9). It'd be really thrilling to see him in an iconic role while he's still relatively young.

Updated On: 5/12/22 at 08:56 PM

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#90West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 9:07pm

Looks like my dream of this revival coming to Broadway is about to come true! 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

JasonC3
#91West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 9:52pm

"Copying others is a good way to start. Copying yourself is a disappointing way to end."

—Kevin Kelly

I've read Cumming said he would never do the role again.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#92West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 10:06pm

JasonC3 said: ""Copying others is a good way to start. Copying yourself is a disappointing way to end."

—Kevin Kelly

I've read Cumming said he would never do the role again.
"

And Cumming is not for this approach to the show.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#93West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 10:48pm

100% about Buckley and Redmayne. I originally assumed it was JB holding out, but it was allegedly ER.

There was an earlier rumor from the Olivier Awards backstage area that said they were both returning to the London production in the fall, having left this past March. Their return was to coincide with the announcement of an already recorded cast album. However, they would not do the show in thefall in London, and NY in the spring. That would be nuts.

KevinKlawitter
#94West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/13/22 at 1:12pm

east side story said: "100% about Buckley and Redmayne. I originally assumed it was JB holding out, but it was allegedly ER.

There was an earlier rumor from the Olivier Awards backstage area that said they were both returning to the London production in the fall, having left this past March. Their return was to coincide with the announcement of an already recorded cast album. However, they would not do the show in thefall in London, and NY in the spring. That would be nuts.

"

I imagine other scheduling issues are at play, too. JB has a couple movies in the pipeline and presumably ER will be doing the festival circuit with The Good Nurse this fall. I wouldn't expect them to book another extended run in Cabaret when they know they'd have to take substantial time off for other commitments. It'll have to be precisely planned if and when it happens.

OTOH, the fact that Redmayne doesn't have any other films forthcoming on his IMDb might indicate he's keeping time open to stick with Cabaret for a while.

Updated On: 5/13/22 at 01:12 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#95West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/13/22 at 1:21pm

Maybe the iconic role is Ron Rifkin as Herr Schultz ;0)

Where are the Gaga rumors coming from? That post sounds like Jessie Buckley to me. And why would they want Alan Cumming a third time when he has done it to death and didn't sell last time?

Updated On: 5/13/22 at 01:21 PM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#96West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/13/22 at 1:39pm

Jessie Buckley ain’t A+ list

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#97West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/13/22 at 1:42pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Jessie Buckley ain’t A+ list"

I agree, but that's all subjective and these are internet rumors.

lopside
#98West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/13/22 at 1:47pm

Or maybe just like the film adaptation rumor started by some Gaga fans, this is another fanciful thing. This production sticks with Sally being fairly talentless. Can't imagine why they would want Gaga and have her do that. And also refurbish a theatre only for sales to completely tank when someone like her finishes her run. Also, Buckley didn't sound like she needed any "convincing" since she seemed to jump at the idea of bringing it over, when asked about it. 

52889j
#99West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 5/13/22 at 2:10pm

All signs seem to point to Buckley, the "A+ list" is the only thing that seems to throw it off, but that could be because her reps submitted this. She apparently had really poor attendance towards the end of her West End run, which I imagine was not unrelated to getting an unexpected Oscar nomination in the middle of it.

Gaga fits "A+ list" and is indeed an Oscar winner, though she won for songwriting. I guess you could say Gaga isn't an Oscar winning actress, but I still feel that this is about Buckley.

Videos