pixeltracker

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade- Page 12

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade

PattisonLupone2
#275Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/2/23 at 6:09pm

Any updates on if this show is still happening in the spring? How late can they wait to announce for it still to run this season? Debating saving a spot for it on my trip. 

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#276Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/2/23 at 10:42pm

They’re still trying and looking for more investors.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#277Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/2/23 at 11:11pm

If there are to be announcements, we should expect them within the next 2 weeks or so. Producers need to get shows on sale. And I would be shocked if we don't get announcements for at least 3 of the following houses:

Barrymore

Broadway

Circle

Jacobs

Lyceum

JEJ

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#278Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/5/23 at 3:57pm

I believe they are starting rehearsals for this at the very end of the month. Unless they just scheduled and booked rehearsals under the hope they would have funding in place by then, its in the works!

BCfitasafiddle
#279Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/5/23 at 4:01pm

DramaTeach said: "They’re still trying and looking for more investors."

This process of finding investors fascinates me. 

OhHiii
#280Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/5/23 at 4:09pm

Bit of clarity, they actually don't need to have their full investor list set before they announce/move to transfer. The production just has to be fully capitalized by 1st performance or when the business starts "operating." So investors commit and then turn in their checks by deadlines.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#281Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/5/23 at 5:04pm

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "I believe they are starting rehearsals for this at the very end of the month. Unless they just scheduled and booked rehearsals under the hope they would have funding in place by then, its in the works!"

From my industry sources is that they still have not secured a theater

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BCfitasafiddle
#282Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/5/23 at 6:00pm

I think it would be wise to wait till next season, but that's just me. The revivals this season are so stacked. Even with Into the Woods closing (and 1776.. but I wasn't a fan), Sweeney Todd and Camelot are BELOVED shows that (based on creative teams and casting so far) are likely to be critical hits, award darlings, and popular with their respective audiences. Dancin' not so much LOL. and while I'm not saying awards are everything, I think Parade will have a tougher sell this spring through the summer.. If they perhaps waited till August/September and ran though January/February I'd be more inclined to see some success. I loved the production at City Center, but I don't know if it has the steam behind it that Into the Woods had from day one. I've dreamt of Parade coming back for a long time, but I think waiting a tad longer would be wiser. But that's just me.

Updated On: 1/5/23 at 06:00 PM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#283Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/6/23 at 10:48am

Telecharge has a test event up for the Jacobs, and, considering previews are scheduled to start on February 22, my guess is that a Parade announcement is imminent.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#284Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/6/23 at 11:25am

TaffyDavenport said: "Telecharge has a test event up for the Jacobs, and, considering previews are scheduled to start on February 22, my guess is that a Parade announcement is imminent."

Do you think they will wait until Almost Famous closes to announce? I know some shows do that as a courtesy thing.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#285Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/6/23 at 11:39am

TaffyDavenport said: "Telecharge has a test event up for the Jacobs, and, considering previews are scheduled to start on February 22, my guess is that a Parade announcement is imminent."

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW that he is not loved here, but that is the date that Sweaty Oracle said he heard it would start previews... 

TaffyDavenport
#286Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/6/23 at 11:41am

jkcohen626 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Telecharge has a test event up for the Jacobs, and, considering previews are scheduled to start on February 22, my guess is that a Parade announcement is imminent."

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW that he is not loved here, but that is the date that Sweaty Oracle said he heard it would start previews...
"

I've seen the audition notice he spoke of, and that information is accurate. The Telecharge test event has the first preview as February 21, so we'll see when it's officially announced.

Updated On: 1/6/23 at 11:41 AM

PipingHotPiccolo
#287Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/6/23 at 1:20pm

Really hope this is true. The Jacobs would be perfect.

OhHiii
#288Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/6/23 at 4:53pm

Robbie2 said: "From my industry sources is that they still have not secured a theater"

Either your industry friends aren't actually reliable sources, or they don't trust you not to post it on Broadway World lol.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#289Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/6/23 at 8:35pm

Geez if they are starting previews late Feb they surely need to get tickets on sale ASAP. And they must be starting rehearsals soon! I hope it happens but this feels tight!!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

TaffyDavenport
#290Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/6/23 at 8:52pm

Rehearsals are supposed to start January 30.

Updated On: 1/6/23 at 08:52 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#291Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/6/23 at 8:57pm

binau said: "Geez if they are starting previews late Feb they surely need to get tickets on sale ASAP. And they must be starting rehearsals soon! I hope it happens but this feels tight!!"

Well if Telecharge is testing the ticketing layout, that probably means they announce Monday, Tues at the latest.

schubox
#292Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/9/23 at 12:45pm

Any more rumblings on this? Thought we may see something today.

ElephantLoveMedley
#293Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/9/23 at 12:48pm

schubox said: "Any more rumblings on this? Thought we may see something today."

Not today, but very soon.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#294Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/9/23 at 1:43pm

I've heard tomorrow the announcement is coming out, and I would assume the Jacobs with the test event on Telecharge.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

schubox
#295Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/9/23 at 2:22pm

Cool, thanks all. This was one of the shows I was waiting for for my March trip, and I was about to give up hope on in transferring in time, so I guess I'm a little anxious. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#296Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/9/23 at 10:07pm

Since an announcement may be coming tomorrow, I saw a couple of months ago a blank Instagram account that might be for this show's Broadway transfer. I don't know if this is legit or not, especially after the whole "Square One" hoax but I will put the link here just in case.

https://www.instagram.com/paradebway/

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

BoringBoredBoard40
#297Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 1/10/23 at 3:04am

this is essentially going to look like the show did at Encores thus the very short rehearsal time before tech/previews start 

18 week limited engagement