pixeltracker

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade- Page 3

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade

DCDrama2
#50Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 5/18/22 at 9:51pm

Things I have declared before:

"I have NO desire to see anything else Ben Platt is in."

"I'll see anything Micaela Diamond is in."

Which one am I going to backslide on with this announcement?

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#51Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 5/19/22 at 12:23pm

Has anyone bought tickets with the members pre-sale that started today? What is the range of ticket prices like? (And what are the interval prices being offered?)

deankelly87
#52Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 5/19/22 at 12:55pm

Just snagged mine. Prices seem to be running $175 for "prime" center orch/ front mezz, to $35 rear balcony. I prefer sitting in front mezz at CC, but snagged front row balcony, pretty much dead center for $75 each.

Updated On: 5/19/22 at 12:55 PM

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#53Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 5/19/22 at 3:45pm

Given it was announced so early I am surprised it is not a two week run. I assumed they would hire a new president before announcing programming for next season.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#54Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 5/19/22 at 4:00pm

UWS10023 said: "Given it was announced so early I am surprised it is not a two week run. I assumed they would hire a new president before announcing programming for next season."

It may be they're trying to gauge interest before extending a week. EVITA ticket sales were awful for a two-week run, iirc (though nobody in that was as big a name as Platt). I know MERRILY and WOODS also had two-week runs, but can't remember other shows off top of head.

As for Shuler's departure, future seasons are often planned by the predecessor. I imagine this production is mainly being produced by Jenny Gersten, who runs their musical theatre division, since it doesn't list ENCORES or Lear anywhere.

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#55Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 7/20/22 at 3:35pm

The cheapest seats are all sold - with the lowest seats now at $75 night 1 and $95 all other nights.               

over 3 months left until it begins.

Updated On: 8/28/22 at 03:35 PM

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#56Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 7/21/22 at 1:39am

When are they doing Fall For Dance?

Bikehikerun87
#57Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 7/21/22 at 11:58am

How does the NYCC Gala presentation usually go? Is it fully choreographed and staged or is it a performed concert with binders?

Either way it's going to be wonderful!

CoffeeBreak
#58Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 7/21/22 at 12:08pm

Updated On: 8/28/22 at 12:08 PM

chrishuyen
#59Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 7/21/22 at 12:12pm

When they did Evita in fall 2019 as their gala presentation, it was fully staged with no binders in sight.  Though iirc that one ran 2 weeks so it's interesting that this one is just 1

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#60Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 7/21/22 at 12:15pm

chrishuyen said: "When they did Evita in fall 2019 as their gala presentation, it was fully staged with no binders in sight. Though iirc that one ran 2 weeks so it's interesting that this one is just 1"

BRIGADOON also resembled a full production. In contrast, SUNDAY was barely staged and everyone used binders. So we're just gonna have to wait and see.

Ke3
#61Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 7/22/22 at 3:33am

barneyschreibercpa2 said: "Uranowitz has been lobbying to play Leo for years and he would've been a great choice. Platt...there will be a lot of impromptu riffing and fluttery eyes. Can't believe we're getting a major production of parade with transfer potential for the first time and *this* is the cast. Sigh."

not a fan of his, but the only reason this has any "transfer potential" is because of his name lol

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#62Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 7/22/22 at 12:55pm

Does City Center ever offer discount codes for these presentations? I see there's pretty wide availability for all performances in most sections, but $95 for that balcony is still relatively steep. I adore PARADE (Platt, not so much), but would love to see it. So I'm curious if there's any indication they'd offer discounts considering seemingly lackluster sales - or if they've done so in the past. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#63Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 7/22/22 at 1:18pm

They do, sometimes, but it's way too early to call these sales "lackluster," and I don't foresee them needing to discount. With around 4 months to go, I'd actually say they're above average.

Updated On: 7/22/22 at 01:18 PM

CoffeeBreak
#64Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 7/23/22 at 11:52am

I agree. These sales are above average - and there won't be a need to discount  

Updated On: 8/28/22 at 11:52 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#65Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 8/28/22 at 5:46pm

The casting notice from a month ago indicates Frankie Epps, Hugh Dorsey, and the Old Solder/Judge are already cast. Any rumblings about these or other roles? Some folks from the Roundabout readings won't be avail if they even wanted to continue with them (Mark Jacoby, Will Swenson, etc).

Updated On: 8/28/22 at 05:46 PM

CoffeeBreak
#66Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 8/28/22 at 8:17pm

Of the 7 performances this looks 85-90% sold.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#67Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 8/28/22 at 11:22pm

I thought there were other Gala presentations besides Evita that ran 2 weeks but I could be wrong. Brigadoon could have sustained a 2 week run. One of my favorites.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#68Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 8/29/22 at 12:02am

CoffeeBreak said: "Of the 7 performances this looks 85-90% sold."

There are a good deal of mezz seats available based on a cursory look, but yes this appears to be a hot ticket. The power of Platt and a one-week run.

The same cursory look indicates they've increased ticket prices since WOODS (I paid $75 for that, and the same mezz seat is going for $150 now. Supply & demand!)

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#69Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 8/29/22 at 12:18am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "The casting notice from a month ago indicates Frankie Epps, Hugh Dorsey, and the Old Solder/Judge are already cast. Any rumblings about these or other roles?Some folks from the Roundabout readingswon't be avail if they even wanted to continue with them (Mark Jacoby, Will Swenson, etc)."

Not sure if you saw this, but they are holding virtual auditions to cast Mary -- if they cast to age, that must be one interesting parental discussion explaining the role to your young teen daughter!

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#70Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 10/4/22 at 12:09pm

Holy ****, the rest of the cast is pretty stacked. Additional Parade casting

(Guess Gaten M is able to fit this in before Stranger Things 5 starts shooting.)

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#71Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 10/4/22 at 12:10pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Jay-Armstrong-Johnson-Paul-Alexander-Nolan-Erin-Mackey-More-Join-New-York-City-Centers-PARADE-20221004

Joining previously announced cast members Micaela Diamond as Lucille Frank and Ben Platt as Leo Frank are Florrie Bagel, Stacie Bono, Courtnee Carter (Angela), Max Chernin, Eddie Cooper (Newt Lee), John Dossett (Old Soldier/Judge Roan), Erin Rose Doyle (Mary Phagan), Manoel Felciano (Tom Watson), Brody Grant (Young Soldier), Alex Joseph Grayson (Jim Conley), Danielle Lee Greaves (Minnie McKnight), Christopher Gurr (Mr. Peavy), Jay Armstrong Johnson (Britt Craig), Sean Allan Krill (Governor Slaton), Douglas Lyons (Riley), Erin Mackey (Mrs. Phagan), Ashlyn Maddox (Factory Girl), Sophia Manicone (Iola Stover), Gaten Matarazzo (Frankie Epps), Howard McGillin (Luther Rosser), Grace McLean (Sally Slaton), William Michals, Paul Alexander Nolan (Hugh Dorsey), Sofie Poliakoff (Factory Girl), and Jackson Teeley.

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade

Updated On: 10/4/22 at 12:10 PM

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#72Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 10/4/22 at 12:31pm

Gaten is really embracing his theatre roots.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#73Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 10/4/22 at 12:58pm

Great cast! After having just seen Courtnee Carter in Sing Street, I'm excited to see her continuing to get work (though I wish in a better part). Wonder what that means for the future of Sing Street. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#74Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
Posted: 10/4/22 at 1:01pm

Gaten seems to be going to the "Daniel Radcliffe School of Making a SH*T Ton of Money and then Doing a Bunch of Theatre Stuff Because You Love It"