pixeltracker

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical - News & Discussion Thread- Page 2

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical - News & Discussion Thread

Ke3
#25THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/28/22 at 11:47pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Hasn't Wintour basically distanced herself from everything related to the book and film? I don't imagine that's going to change with this musical.

When Rudnick exited, I'm kind of surprised Aline Brosh McKenna (who wrote the film) didn't join the production. Or perhaps she was offered it and turned it down. She's the creator/showrunner ofCrazy Ex-Girlfriendand has musical theatre in her bones.
"

In the last few years she's embraced it more. Once it became clear that it fed her legend instead of tarnishing it. She even did a video with Meryl for Vogue's YouTube channel. I don't think an invitation for some of them isn't out of the realm of possibility. Especially if Prada is actually strongly involved. 

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#26THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/31/22 at 7:42pm

My one wish for the show: 

We get an ultimate villain anthem where Miranda Presley admits that she knew all along about Jacqueline Philippe taking over Runway, and everything she had to do to stop it. A la “Killer Instinct” from Bring It On. 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

BCfitasafiddle
#27THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/31/22 at 9:52pm

Where is the cast announcement??

Soozie
#28THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/31/22 at 11:22pm

There hasn't been a public cast announcement yet, other than the two main leads.

Updated On: 5/31/22 at 11:22 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#29THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/1/22 at 3:30am

Has there been any music leaked? Curious about score. Miranda doesn't scream to me a character that needs to sing. 

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#30THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/6/22 at 6:36pm

Broadway in Chicago is having a “sneak peek” Zoom on the show right now and they played snippets of two songs. Very Aida ballad reminiscent. They also talked about how they have had to make the story more applicable to today (the fall of print media, bosses who are tyrants aren’t ok now, etc.) Lots of emphasis that this isn’t just going to be the film on stage.

willep
#31THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/6/22 at 6:53pm

RippedMan said: "Has there been any music leaked? Curious about score. Miranda doesn't scream to me a character that needs to sing."

Beth kinda touches on this in that podcast that was posted on this thread a couple weeks ago.

RevolutionaryCostume Profile Photo
RevolutionaryCostume
#32THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/6/22 at 7:27pm

The Facebook commercial for the Chicago tryout has Elton John singing the title song in the background. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#33THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/6/22 at 9:58pm

RevolutionaryCostume said: "The Facebook commercial for the Chicago tryout has Elton John singing the title song in the background."

Well that bit was unmemorable to say the least HA!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

RevolutionaryCostume Profile Photo
RevolutionaryCostume
#34THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/7/22 at 2:56pm

I've been making fun of it since I heard it. My roommate has started to chime in. 😂 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#35THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/7/22 at 2:59pm

Robbie2 said: "RevolutionaryCostume said: "The Facebook commercial for the Chicago tryout has Elton John singing the title song in the background." Well that bit was unmemorable to say the least HA!"

Oh let's cool it until we hear an actual song –– it's 4 words, mostly instrumental, and probably not the arrangement that will be used in the show.

Separate from the song, I still dislike the key art, and if there's one thing Kevin McCollum is always gonna do it's promote his own credentials.

YvanEhtNioj
#36THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 10:31am

Full Cast Announced (plus pics)

"It was previously announced that The Devil Wears Prada, The Musical will star Tony Award winner Beth Leavel as Miranda Priestly and Taylor Iman Jones as Andy Sachs. Joining them will be Javier Muñoz (Hamilton, In The Heights) as Nigel Owens, Christiana Cole as Lauren, Megan Masako Haley (Wicked, Mean Girls) as Emily Charlton, Tiffany Mann (Be More Chill, Waitress) as Kayla, Michael Tacconi (The Cher Show) as Nate Angstrom, and Christian Thompson (Ain't Too Proud) as Christian Thompson."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#37THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 10:58am

I think it is truly hysterical they have “Christian Thompson as Christian Thompson.” Surely they didn’t do that purpose, right?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

YvanEhtNioj
#38THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 11:00am

Lmao just noticed that. 

It looks like Tiffany Mann is playing a character that wasnt in the movie. I always loved her in Jerry Springer and BMC

OMG U Guyz
#39THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 12:41pm

Wintour loves Broadway so she usually invites several season standouts last minute especially men since there are usually more female celebs at the event. But I highly doubt she’ll welcome performers from a show that’s a thinly veiled account of what it’s like to work for her (unless Elton buys a table which cost 250k and even then invites have to be approved by her). She’s not known for her sense of humor. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#40THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 1:00pm

Javier Muñoz feels like an odd choice for Nigel (the Stanley Tucci role) based on his past work and not knowing how different the musical will be from the film. Has Javier ever been funny onstage? Mario Cantone played that role in the reading, which sounds pretty perfect.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#41THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 1:13pm

Cantone plays very strong personas.  Nigel, as portrayed by Stanley Tucci in the film, is very subdued and not outlandish, which fits Javier much better.  In the film, Nigel isn’t a full-on comic role.  In the original novel, Nigel is tall and British and the Creative Director of RUNWAY Magazine, so it’s obvious the musical adaptation is going in another direction. 

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#42THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/16/22 at 8:50am

Maybe I missed it, any rumors where this is headed on Broadway theatre wise?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#43THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/16/22 at 9:41am

ucjrdude902 said: "Maybe I missed it, any rumors where this is headed on Broadway theatre wise?"

Lunt-Fontanne

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

DooWahDiddy Profile Photo
DooWahDiddy
#44THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/16/22 at 10:39am

Call_me_jorge said: "I think it is truly hysterical they have “Christian Thompson as Christian Thompson.” Surely they didn’t do that purpose, right?

"

It's legit. The actor just happens to have the same name as the character, and he (the actor) thinks it's hilarious. Not sure of too many examples of that happening before!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#45THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/16/22 at 12:34pm

Who's "Lauren" in the movie? Doesn't ring a bell. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

BrodyFosse123
#47THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/16/22 at 12:41pm

everythingtaboo said: "Who's "Lauren" in the movie? Doesn't ring a bell."

There is no character in the film named Lauren.  

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#48THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/16/22 at 12:44pm

MichelleCraig said: "From today's Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2022/06/the-devil-wears-prada-musical-first-look-photos-broadway-beth-leavel-taylor-iman-jones-1235046800/#recipient_hashed=598ef19ae68f0d25fc9ef5f6b388ff107e8577493db5f392d0c6145bd4b2cd2d
"

Are they actual character shots, like the article says they are, or are they just the actors dressed nice - because nothing about those photos give the impression we’re looking at Miranda Priestly and Andrea Sachs  

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

BrodyFosse123
#49THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/16/22 at 12:44pm

MichelleCraig said: "From today's Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2022/06/the-devil-wears-prada-musical-first-look-photos-broadway-beth-leavel-taylor-iman-jones-1235046800/#recipient_hashed=598ef19ae68f0d25fc9ef5f6b388ff107e8577493db5f392d0c6145bd4b2cd2d
"

These intern journalists need to get their s**t together.  These are publicity press photos NOT the actresses in costume.  Oy!  

Videos