#2DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 12:51pm

Wow. What a run. 

Oh look, a bibu!

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#3DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 12:54pm

Step out, step out of the music box theater. 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 12:54pm

Wow, did the movie kill this show??

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#5DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 12:55pm

Damn. A giant has fallen. Though I kinda figured this would happen soon after the major black eye that god-awful movie gave to the show’s brand…

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#6DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 12:55pm

I am amazed they don't try to stick it out through the end of the year with a return of Ben for the final few months, or at least wait to see how Gaten effects ticket sales to see if they can continue to stunt cast for a little while longer. 

I am guessing they are being forced out, but I wonder for what show....

Updated On: 6/7/22 at 12:55 PM

JSquared2
#7DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 12:56pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "Step out, step out of the music box theater."

No need to be a douche about it.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#8DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway

Dear Evan Hansen,

Today will be a bad day. And here's why.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#9DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway

So does this mean Kimberly Akimbo is playing in the Music Box?

YvanEhtNioj
#10DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 12:57pm

JSquared2 said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "Step out, step out of the music box theater."

No need to be a douche about it.
"

Lol ease up - I've sung praises about this show on this board nonstop, boo. take a joke. 

Updated On: 6/7/22 at 12:57 PM

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#11DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway

bdn223 said: "I am amazed they don't try to stick it out through the end of the year with a return of Ben for the final few months, or at least wait to see how Gaten effects ticket sales to see if they can continue to stunt cast for a little while longer.

I am guessing they are being forced out, but I wonder for what show....
"

I doubt Ben will even mention this show for a decade at least.

ElephantLoveMedley
#12DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway

jacobsnchz14 said: "So does this mean Kimberly Akimbo is playing in the Music Box?"

Kimberly Akimbo is already set to open at the Booth this fall.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#13DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 12:58pm

ljay889 said: "Wow, did the movie kill this show??"

It was a contributing factor, but not singlehandedly. (I don't know that enough people saw it to make a dent.) The buzz died down and it never regained footing after the pandemic. DEH had a damn good run for a small musical about teen suicide, and I thought the original cast was pretty brilliant.

This probably means something is about to announce for the Music Box this week to go on sale before the Tonys, as we've seen with other recent announcements. This weekend will be big for advertising in the NYT. There's also opportunities to promote an upcoming show at parties to industry folk, on TV, in the Tonys playbill, digital advertising, Tony presenters/red carpet, etc.

Sing Street? The Bedwetter? Lempicka? Suffs? A play?

Updated On: 6/7/22 at 12:58 PM

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#14DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 1:07pm

A great show with a very healthy run. 

BCfitasafiddle
#15DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 1:10pm

Not a reason to be sad. This show was a global phenomenon, won the awards, recouped, played all over the world. It gave job security to so many people working in the theatre. Onto the next!

Dionysus3 Profile Photo
Dionysus3
#16DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 1:10pm

A bad wig really killed a whole production.

OhHiii
#17DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 1:16pm

quizking101 said: "Damn. A giant has fallen. Though I kinda figured this would happen soon after the major black eye that god-awful movie gave to the show’s brand…"

It's so funny when people blame the film. Yeah, the film helped put the nail in the coffin, but the story has always been a problem. It won the Tony on hype and a stacked slate of Tony-voting coproducers, not merit.

So long.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#18DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 1:18pm

During the year this and Come From Away opened, it was always debated which one would last longer. Unless CFA also announces a Fall closure, looks like it'll outlast DEH.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MadsonMelo
#19DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 1:18pm

As you were found, you will be missed!

Loved the show, and it had a great run!

YvanEhtNioj
#20DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 1:19pm

I feel like Come From Away will be announced next

binau Profile Photo
binau
#21DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 1:20pm

Can't wait to see what Michael Greif does next on Broadway - between War Paint, Dear Evan Hansen, If/Then, Next to Normal, Grey Gardens and Rent this man knows what he is doing. What a body of work! 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

hearthemsing22
#22DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 1:23pm

I’m not as sad as I thought I would be at this news. The show-as previously mentioned-had a very long run and that’s phenomenal! I do plan on going back to see Gaten, but otherwise I wish them luck in their final months on Broadway. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#23DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway

" almost 6 years after opening" - talk about spinning!   Minus nearly 2 years of covid - It ran for 4 years.  (And nothing wrong with that) 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#24DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway

binau said: "Can't wait to see what Michael Greif does next on Broadway - between War Paint, Dear Evan Hansen, If/Then, Next to Normal, Grey Gardens and Rent this man knows what he is doing. What a body of work!"

He is co-directing THE NOTEBOOK.

DEH could still outrun CFA, since DEH opened in December '16 and CFA opened in March '17.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#25DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/22 at 1:26pm

Dionysus3 said: "A bad wig really killed a whole production."

DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway