pixeltracker

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl - Page 10

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl

lightsarebrightonbroadway
#225Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 1:41pm

Does anyone know how long the quarantine would be? Ten days or five days? Also have tickets to the show and wondering if I should move them.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#226Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 1:51pm

5 days

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#227Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 1:55pm

And after 5 days, I believe they don’t need to test again until 3 months later or something.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#228Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 1:56pm

She’s not positive - not yet, at least. At the moment, tomorrow is still in limbo.

And if it does turn out she has tested positive, keep your tickets (those that have these next 10 days). You’ll be in wonderful hands with Benko. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#229Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 1:57pm

I’m a rabidly pro vax (getting #5 this very day) and pro protocols guy but find this disconnect between actor protocols and zero audience requirements maddening. We’re all in there breathing (and I just went to Woods masked, surrounded by the unmasked) yet only actors are meeting rigorous standards. Having the first 2 rows masked - The Minutes and Woods did this - seems a bandaid. What is the solution here? With 10 day actor outs? Baffled.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#230Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 2:00pm

This is why I went to her second performance.

Kinda knew something like this would happen.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#231Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 2:04pm

Skip23 said: "This is why I went to her second performance.

"

How?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

East Village Profile Photo
East Village
#232Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 2:18pm

Jujamacyn will refund tickets. But if I want to exchange my $350 orchestra seat, they are asking I pay a price difference because seat geek (their official online sales agent) is now selling similar for $1260. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#233Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 2:21pm

blaxx said: "Skip23 said: "This is why I went to her second performance.

"

How?
"

A majority of actors came down with COVID within a few days after starting performances so it’s somewhat expected.  Many of my ticket purchases for new shows were intentionally booked keeping this COVID window in mind.  

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#234Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 2:26pm

blaxx said: "Skip23 said: "This is why I went to her second performance.

"

How?
"

Because I have a sixth sense that allows me to know everything that's going to happen to every Broadway show.  In fact everything that's going to happen to everyone.  It's tough being God.

Whadda ya mean, HOW?  

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#235Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 2:34pm

East Village said: "Jujamacyn will refund tickets. But if I want to exchange my $350 orchestra seat, they are asking I pay a price difference because seat geek (their official online sales agent) is now selling similar for $1260."

SeatGeek is the official seller, but they also sell resale tickets. $1260 is a resale price.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#236Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 2:37pm

Did she perform last night? At least Julie gets to go on all weekend now.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#237Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 2:44pm

Quarantine is now five days if you're asymptomatic, 10 days if you're feeling symptoms.

I got covid over the summer (again) and was feeling sick for nearly two weeks. It wasn't pleasant.

Dark_Vader Profile Photo
Dark_Vader
#238Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 2:47pm

Wishing Ms. Michele a speedy recovery so she can return to that stage and continue knocking 'em dead.

I loved this interview with all 4 principals. So much love and support from these 4. Tovah is such a legend and super-adorable. I did not know she originated the role of "Yentl" on stage (she mentions this in the interview).

East Village Profile Photo
East Village
#239Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 2:58pm

TaffyDavenport said: "East Village said: "Jujamacyn will refund tickets. But if I want to exchange my $350 orchestra seat, they are asking I pay a price difference because seat geek (their official online sales agent) is now selling similar for $1260."

SeatGeek is the official seller, but they also sell resale tickets. $1260 is a resale price.
"

Makes sense — but still rotten when producers & theater owners are fully in bed with the scalpers 

Grief
#240Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 3:09pm

If Lea continues to be out, what's the process for changing a ticket? Call the box office? Contact SeatGeek? (I've seen Julie three times and she's wonderful, but I need to see Lea.)

Jordan Catalano
#241Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 3:45pm

SeatGeek doesn’t make it easy but box office has (usually) been best for me. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#242Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 3:52pm

Tovah is such a legend and super-adorable. I did not know she originated the role of "Yentl" on stage.

Tovah originated the role in the 1975 Broadway play YENTL.  Barbra Streisand’s 1983 musical film isn’t based on this play at all.  Streisand’s film and the play only share the same source book YENTL, THE YESHIVA BOY. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#243Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 3:57pm

From someone's Twitter:

hi from intermission. lea michele got covid, so did 6 (?) other cast members. there's an actor onstage who got hired to understudy *yesterday* and is on book. god bless the theater.

all swings are on 

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jordan Catalano
#244Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 4:20pm

Oof. Curious to know who’s on book. 

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#245Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 4:31pm

Nooooooo, I have tickets for next Saturday evening.  Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#246Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 4:37pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Oof. Curious to know who’s on book."

It's Barbara Tirrell as Mrs. Meeker, from what I'm seeing on TikTok.

Jordan Catalano
#247Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 4:43pm

Am I wrong with my recollections over the last year, or when a show has no more alternates and they start sending folks onstage with a script, they usually end up canceling the next performance.

Dark_Vader Profile Photo
Dark_Vader
#248Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 4:47pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Tovah is such a legend and super-adorable. I did not know she originated the role of "Yentl" on stage.

Tovah originated the role in the 1975 Broadway play YENTL. Barbra Streisand’s 1983 musical film isn’t based on this play at all. Streisand’s film and the play only share the same source book YENTL, THE YESHIVA BOY.
"

Thank you. I found info on the web regarding both adaptations of Yentl via BarbraArchives and IBDB.

I did not mention Barbra Streisand or her film in my original post.

Updated On: 9/10/22 at 04:47 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#249Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 4:59pm

Important to note that this COVID wave running through the company started before Michele played her first performance, which is why she didn't get to rehearse with Karimloo. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 9/10/22 at 04:59 PM

Videos