pixeltracker

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread- Page 2

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#25COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 3:07pm

25 cities in 8-12 months indicates a few cities with a multi week run, and the press release indicates that as well. I have no reason to believe this won’t be equity. 

Are Alli Mauzey, Nic Rouleau, and Carolee Carmello busy? 

chrishuyen
#26COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 3:12pm

Alli Mauzey is currently in Kimberly Akimbo and Carolee Carmello is soon to be in Bad Cinderella

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#27COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 3:14pm

"Are Alli Mauzey, Nic Rouleau, and Carolee Carmello busy?"

Two are in shows that are running/ about to start running on broadway 

Mike Barrett
#28COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 3:17pm

Alex M said: ""Are Alli Mauzey, Nic Rouleau, and Carolee Carmello busy?"

Two are in shows that are running/ about to start running on broadway

"

I had fun with that one. 

But… Devils Wear Prada is failing it seems, Beth…? 

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#29COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 3:20pm

Jessica Vosk for Bobbie, please. 

KevinKlawitter
#30COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 3:30pm

This is just speculation, but maybe they aren't being specific about the other cities because the organizations sponsoring them haven't announced yet.  For instance, in my neck of the woods, the Hennepin Theatre Trust in Minneapolis isn't announcing its 2023-2024 season until February 9.  If Company is part of that, it would make sense that the main company wouldn't want to step on their sponsors' toes by revealing parts of their lineup prematurely.  

JSquared2
#31COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 3:57pm

steven22 said: "Jessica Vosk for Bobbie, please."

Oh dear god, no.  Bobbie requires an actress -- not a halfway decent singer.

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#32COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 5:14pm

JSquared2 said: "steven22 said: "Jessica Vosk for Bobbie, please."

Oh dear god, no. Bobbie requires an actress -- not a halfway decent singer.

"
i love you 

PipingHotPiccolo
#33COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 5:23pm

chrishuyen said: "Alli Mauzey is currently in Kimberly Akimbo and Carolee Carmello is soon to be in Bad Cinderella"

Isn't this tour launching in the fall? Mauzey could do KA through the summer and then hit the road. Totally plausible, no? 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#34COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 5:35pm

If it’s non-Eq, Patti can still do it :p

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#35COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 5:51pm

This is a National Tour, not a North American tour lol 

It's like that beauty queen who said Americans don't own maps.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 1/25/23 at 05:51 PM

chrishuyen
#36COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 6:03pm

I wonder if Susan Egan would be interested in touring with this.

I suppose Alli Mauzey could make it work if she wanted to, but if Kimberly wins big at the Tonys I'm guessing she'd stay for a bit.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#37COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 6:18pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said:
There is no such thing as a "Broadway name," especially when it comes to sales around the country. 

In the Pacific North West sales for a complete packages remain solid, as long as there are enough big name shows. Star performers have not historically been part of the sales pitch.

For the newly announced 23/24 Seattle season they had to pad the announcement with the higher profile shows such as Six, Tina, MJ, Beetlejuice, & Hadestown and then sneak Company & Girl From North Country into the mix.  

NYC isn't a top destination - flights to Hawaii are cheaper and the same amount of traveling time.  I work at a huge college, and when I tell co-workers I'm going to NY they react like it is as exotic as Timbuktu. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#38COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 6:31pm

chrishuyen said: "I wonder if Susan Egan would be interested in touring with this."

That would require the production to be interested in Susan Egan, which I find highly doubtful. She's not right for a single role in this show (due to age and acting range). What a silly suggestion.

To further underline the nonexistance of "Broadway names" on the road: Michael Cerveris came very close to doing the full tour of FUN HOME, but he wanted more money than the producers were willing to pay, and they knew that even advertising his Tony-winning performance was not going to move the needle in the vast majority of these markets. Which makes me curious about the INTO THE WOODS deals for Creel, Block, and Arcelus.

Updated On: 1/25/23 at 06:31 PM

chrishuyen
#39COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 6:47pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "chrishuyen said: "I wonder if Susan Egan would be interested in touring with this."

That would require the production to be interested in Susan Egan, which I find highly doubtful. She's not right for a single role in this show (due to age and acting range). What a silly suggestion.
"

I was thinking she could make for an interesting Joanne.  She's the same age as Jennifer Simard who I found quite compelling in the role and while she's been doing the whole Princess tour lately, I think she could pull it off.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#40COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 7:05pm

They'd be better off getting Simard to play Joanne but even that is a stretch. Casting for the road is a whole different beast. Broadway names mean nothing to Middle-America audiences. Producers are smarter just casting talented people who they can get for cheap. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#41COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 7:12pm

How about Simard's DISASTER costar, Rachel York, as Joanne?

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#42COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 7:17pm

I would KILL to see Alli Mauzey as Sarah. It would be FANTASTIC. If Akimbo is still running, I don't thinks she leaves it though. 

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#43COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 7:17pm

They could cast a famous TV name as Joanne and that would sell tickets. "She's the lady that played....in that sit-com...."

PipingHotPiccolo
#44COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/25/23 at 8:18pm

i mean *we*--this crowd here--would love to see almost anyone have a crack at these roles, right? All of these ideas are exciting (though I agree Susan Egan makes no sense for any of these roles). 

But i cant imagine anyone that is (i) big enough of a draw to sell tickets that would (ii) also tour. this will sell with the TONY WINNING REVIVAL tag, or it won't. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#45COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/26/23 at 8:31am

Still doesn't mean anything really for ticket sales, but I could see it being mentioned in the publicity that this was the final major production Sondheim was connected to before he passed.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

binau Profile Photo
binau
#46COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/26/23 at 12:36pm

My dream would be for Donna Murphy to play Joanne on the road. Rumours suggested she does appreciate the cash - not sure how old her step family is and whether she could do it. But she is the only person I can think of that could match what Patti did in the role while also bringing her own personality and take. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#47COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/26/23 at 12:49pm

binau said: "My dream would be for Donna Murphy to play Joanne on the road. Rumours suggested she does appreciate the cash - not sure how old her step family is and whether she could do it. But she is the only person I can think of that could match what Patti did in the role while also bringing her own personality and take."

For years the party line has been "Donna does not do theatre outside of New York." She's someone who's going to cost more than the average theatre actor and will bring zero name value to those around the country. Donna is picky about what she does and turns down a lot of theatre offers.

I doubt this is a situation like DOLLY where Scott Rudin was willing to pay up for Betty Buckley, because that tour was highly unusual.

Updated On: 1/26/23 at 12:49 PM

Mike Barrett
#48COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/26/23 at 12:54pm

Abbie Mueller could be a stretch but would be great. She did the Beautiful tour also. Would be a good time to showcase lead skills. 

trpguyy
#49COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/26/23 at 1:08pm

This would entice me to see the show again:

https://twitter.com/eleriward/status/1618622385372147713?s=46&t=OaJDBbfEX4jega9k0WMJxw

Eleri Ward: I would like to personally volunteer as tribute to be Bobbie on the Company national tour thank you