pixeltracker

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread- Page 8

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread

Boq101
#175COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/23/23 at 12:04pm

Keeping things back to Company. The set will definitely have space in many touring houses, And luckily all of the magic with the main set piece (the living room/kitchen/bobbi's bedroom) don't require the use of traps in the floor, so most of that can translate easily to the road. 

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#176COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/23/23 at 5:22pm

Why haven’t they announced this cast yet? 

hearthemsing22
#177COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/23/23 at 5:24pm

Bill Snibson said: "Why haven’t they announced this cast yet?"

Maybe they're waiting until next week because three tours have just announced this week--need to break it up 

MatthewS1
#178COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/5/23 at 2:03pm

Do we have any casting updates on this? Performances start in a month, and rehearsals are scheduled to start today. I absolutely loved the revival when I saw it in 2022, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it when it comes to St. Louis next March.

Boq101
#179COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/5/23 at 2:38pm

Kinda crazy not to have it posted yet, especially if rehearsals did begin today. Do we think they're still trying to finalize someone for the show? I can't imagine any role except Joanne needing that sort of work, seeing the cast had such a deep bench. Maybe less of them were into touring the show I'm seeing the show in Chicago and I can't wait!

Jesse St. James Profile Photo
Jesse St. James
#180COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/5/23 at 4:10pm

I'm not sure why the cast hasn't been announced yet but Judy McLane is Joanne.

Boq101
#181COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/5/23 at 4:45pm

Chris Harper posted on instagram from the rehearsal, just a close up of the set minuatures. I can already spot some changes in the dimensions of the rooms, which would affect some of the magic that happens in the show. 

With rehearsals clearly underway, seems weird not to capitalize on that to get the press release out on casting. 

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#182COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/5/23 at 5:27pm

Boq101 said: "Chris Harper posted on instagram from the rehearsal, just a close up of the set minuatures. I can already spot some changes in the dimensions of the rooms, which would affect some of the magic that happens in the show.

With rehearsals clearly underway, seems weird not to capitalize on that to get the press release out on casting.
"

Especially since today hasn't been a particularly heavy news day

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#183COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/6/23 at 12:07pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cw2roDDsVbh/

IN COMES… THE 2023/24 COMPANY OF COMPANY!

@britneycoleman as Bobbie
@Judy.mclane as Joanne
@kathryndallison as Sarah
#MattBittner as David
@ali.louis as Paul
@dreamclimber as Larry
@iamjavierignacio as Peter
#JamesEarlJonesII as Harry
@marinakondo as Susan
@whoismattrodin as Jamie
@ladystrat as Jenny
@js_dickey as Andy
@tylerharas PJ
@davidsocolar as Theo.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#184COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/6/23 at 12:22pm

Looks like they're going to have to recast the titular role if Tommy makes it to Broadway — or just have it transfer with Ali's understudy in Chicago.

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 9/6/23 at 12:22 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#185COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/6/23 at 12:25pm

I was the one person who thought his acting in Tommy was awful and didn’t think he’d go to Broadway so this kind of makes sense. Think they’d want more of a Broadway name. But very interesting. 

spicemonkey
#186COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/6/23 at 12:27pm

does it mean that Ali Louis Bourzgui will not reprise the role of Tommy in NY or Tommy is not coming to Bway at all? 

BCfitasafiddle
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#188COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/6/23 at 12:49pm

Yeah, not overly exciting, but that was expected given the tour contract. 

Kathryn Allison is a sensational Sarah! She was just as funny as Simard, but very different. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#189COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/6/23 at 1:09pm

Judy McLane was great as Donna in Mamma Mia!, and I'm sure she will make a great Joanne. Not the most exciting cast per say, but not terrible.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

bigbelterbaby
#190COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/6/23 at 1:31pm

Judy McLane is so awesome and under-rated! She will be an amazing Joanne!

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

Markecib
#191COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/6/23 at 2:31pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Looks like they're going to have to recast the titular role ifTommymakes it to Broadway — or just have it transfer with Ali's understudy in Chicago."

I don’t think Tommy is looking to come in this season now. I would expect it next season due to all the other announced revivals, but you never know if the money is in place and the theater they want is open they might.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#192COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/6/23 at 3:15pm

There’s plenty of theaters open or going to be open by spring. And they did gangbusters business in Chicago. I’d say the momentum is there but I think they’d have announced it right after the Chicago run or taken it to another theater. So seems odd. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#193COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 3:07pm

Anyone here catching one of the first performances?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#194COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 3:47pm

At intermission of the first performance right now, will have thoughts later but I will say this: I am shocked that the set is almost entirely the same Broadway set. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#195COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 5:29pm

n2nbaby said: "At intermission of the first performance right now, will have thoughts later but I will say this: I am shocked that the set is almost entirely the same Broadway set."

How is that even possible considering they have some split weeks coming up?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MatthewS1
#196COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 5:30pm

ACL2006 said: "n2nbaby said: "At intermission of the first performance right now, will have thoughts later but I will say this: I am shocked that the set is almost entirely the same Broadway set."

How is that even possible considering they have some split weeks coming up?
"

This tour is not playing split weeks. 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#197COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 6:22pm

Got out of the first performance a bit ago. I personally think that this revival is one of the best productions I’ve ever seen, so I was super excited to see it again (for the fifth time). 
As I said above, the set is almost entirely the same as it was on Broadway and the automation went off without a hitch. The only thing that was cut was anything that came through the floor (like the Alice in Wonderland bit). This stuff comes from the ceiling now. There is also a big present that opens up to a door and a tiny cake in act 2 that wasn’t there on Broadway. 
Britney Coleman is very talented, but I don’t think Bobbie is exactly the role for her. She is in excellent voice, but she does kind of fade into the background. 
Judy McLane was quite solid. She forgot the words to Ladies Who Lunch and stumbled over the second verse, and then stopped the orchestra. But other than that, she was very good. Jennifer Simard is still my favorite Joanne. 
Tyler Hardwick was quite the fine. Their Another Hundred People was a highlight for me. Jacob Dickey, who I saw on Broadway as well, was very good and hilarious. I have also seen Kathryn Allison as Sarah before and she is very funny. 
Matt Bitter needs a lot of work. His Broadway counterpart is as hilarious, and he just didn’t nail any of the humor. 
All in all, it is a very well performed production and the set is as impressive as ever. It is missing something that made the Broadway production so special - but America is lucky to have this show touring all over the country.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#198COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 6:40pm

100% agree about Simard > LuPone. I saw the show a month after it opened and LuPone already was sleeping through the show. I was so thrilled when LuPone got COVID, so I rushed in to see Simard. Then again saw it towards the end of its run and LuPone appeared bored out of her mind. How she got a Tony for this role is beyond me.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#199COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 6:41pm

ACL2006 said: "100% agree about Simard > LuPone. I saw the show a month after it opened and LuPone already was sleeping through the show. I was so thrilled when LuPone got COVID, so I rushed in to see Simard. Then again saw it towards the end of its run and LuPone appeared bored out of her mind. How she got a Tony for this role is beyond me."

I never thought she seemed bored, but she was just… Patti lol I would have given the Tony to Jennifer Simard, personally. She squeezed every joke out of her Sarah and it was so natural and organic.