pixeltracker

2023-2024 Touring Season- Page 12

2023-2024 Touring Season

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#2752023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 4/19/23 at 11:34am

TaffyDavenport said: "Really surprised that Company is coming to the New Haven Shubert in January. I haven't been there in decades, but I'll probably make the effort to check it out."

Me too! I was excited to see that because I DESPERATELY want to see this production again! 

BwayinVan
#2762023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 4/24/23 at 12:02pm

Vancouver just announced the season:

Hadestown, Mean Girls, Hairspray, Frozen

A little meh…

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#2772023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 4/24/23 at 12:10pm

BwayinVan said: "Vancouver just announced the season:

Hadestown, Mean Girls, Hairspray, Frozen

A little meh…
"

yeah, I might not actually subscribe this time…may just get tickets for Hadestown. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2782023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 7/4/23 at 1:09pm

Was able to find webpages for two upcoming Broadway in Chicago engagements that haven't been formally announced yet, Girl From the North Country and Mrs Doubtfire. They will be in Chicago February 13 - February 25, 2024 and February 17 - March 10, 2024(I think they meant to write February 27th), respectively. If that's all they're adding for the spring half of the season, how disappointing. I couldn't find anything for Funny Girl or even a return engagement for Mamma Mia or something. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 7/4/23 at 01:09 PM

MatthewS1
#2792023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 7/4/23 at 3:47pm

The new non-equity Peter Pan tour is also stopping in Chicago March 26-April 7th. Can't seem to find anything else on their website for now, but I'm sure more will be announced.

Call_me_jorge
#2802023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 7/4/23 at 4:01pm

MatthewS1 said: "The new non-equity Peter Pan tour is also stopping in Chicago March 26-April 7th. Can't seem to find anything else on their website for now, but I'm sure more will be announced."

Yes! You are correct, didn’t think to search for that: The Peter Pan webpage.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge
#2812023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 7/5/23 at 1:52pm

Wasn’t it assumed the To Kill a Mockingbird tour was going non-equity this upcoming season? At least I thought it was. I was shocked to see this press release about Richard Thomas signing on for another year.

round2 Profile Photo
round2
#2822023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 7/5/23 at 2:15pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Wasn’t it assumed the To Kill a Mockingbird tour was going non-equity this upcoming season? At least I thought it was. I was shocked to see this press release about Richard Thomas signing on for another year."

How phenomenal that Richard Thomas has committed to a third year of touring with To Kill a Mockingbird. No doubt he helps make it an event in the places it plays, like Auburn, Huntsville, and Birmingham in Alabama, and Chattanooga and Knoxville in Tennessee, and Fayetteville in Arkansas, and other locations in Southern states where the story may play especially powerfully. Many kudos to him!

angoradebs
#2832023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 7/5/23 at 9:35pm

MatthewS1 said: "The new non-equity Peter Pan tour is also stopping in Chicago March 26-April 7th. Can't seem to find anything else on their website for now, but I'm sure more will be announced."

Playbill has Peter Pan listed as equity, but AEA's website says non-equity. Normally I'd say AEA is more likely to be accurate, but I'm not sure how often they update - their list still has Come From Away as equity, and lists the scrapped 9 to 5 tour even though it was cancelled over a year ago

MatthewS1
#2842023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 7/5/23 at 10:14pm

angoradebs said: "Playbill has Peter Pan listed as equity, but AEA's website says non-equity. Normally I'd say AEA is more likely to be accurate, but I'm not sure how often they update - their list still has Come From Away as equity, and lists the scrapped 9 to 5 tour even though it was cancelled over a year ago"

I was also unsure for a while, but I found audition notices that list it as non-union. They’re still looking for their titular character, and just shifted the age range down to a teen instead of a young adult.

Updated On: 7/5/23 at 10:14 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2852023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 7/5/23 at 10:31pm

ACL2006 said: "Jakeevan942 said: "State Theatre New Jersey in New Brunswick: An easy train ride from Penn Station if anyone has friends book these tours.

Main Season

Pretty Woman: October 7-8

Come From Away: January 5-7

The Cher Show: February 9-11

Clue: April 27-28

Mean Girls: May 11-12

Add-Ons:

Chicago: November 18-19

Annie: February 2-4

The Kite Runner: May 3-4

"

I'm thrilled for Come From Away!! But Chicago & Annie again? And Clue? ZzZzZzZz
"

Is this the emergence of the fall Equity Cellblock Tour of Chicago?  Would someone be an angel and mention any other Chicago stops /dates?

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

BossBroadway
#2862023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 7/5/23 at 11:06pm

I don't know where y'all are getting your information on Peter Pan from, but it's not correct. It is an equity tour, not non-equity, per both Playbill and casting notices and offers. The "Peter Pan" listed on AEA's website is from a prior tour that they still haven't removed, a la 9 to 5, South Pacific, Rent, Kinky Boots, South Pacific, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Waitress, etc. 

MatthewS1
#2872023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 7/6/23 at 9:21am

BossBroadway said: "I don't know where y'all are getting your information on Peter Pan from, but it's not correct. It is an equity tour, not non-equity, per both Playbill and casting notices and offers. The "Peter Pan" listed on AEA's website is from a prior tour that they still haven't removed, a la 9 to 5, South Pacific, Rent, Kinky Boots, South Pacific, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Waitress, etc."

I'm currently looking at an audition notice from yesterday that clearly says non-union. I guess we'll find out soon.

Next year's tour of Chicago is also non-union, under Prather Productions (who toured it this year as well).

MatthewS1
#2882023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 7/13/23 at 4:37pm

BossBroadway said: "I don't know where y'all are getting your information on Peter Pan from, but it's not correct. It is an equity tour, not non-equity, per both Playbill and casting notices and offers. The "Peter Pan" listed on AEA's website is from a prior tour that they still haven't removed, a la 9 to 5, South Pacific, Rent, Kinky Boots, South Pacific, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Waitress, etc."

A NetWorks Instagram post just confirmed that the tour is non-Union: https://www.instagram.com/p/CupnvUTv0Wq/?igshid=Y2I2MzMwZWM3ZA==

Dom P
#2892023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 8/5/23 at 11:50pm

Any word on casting for Girl from the North Country tour?

inception Profile Photo
inception
#2902023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 8/7/23 at 2:39pm

Regarding the Funny Girl tour: does the schedule & logistics seem a bit weird? Or are all tours so convoluted with their schedules?  Like they play Charlotte NC, then go up to Baltimore,  then back to Greenvillle NC.

They play Milwaukee & Minneapolis, but skip Chicago.

They play Las Vegas then San Francisco then Costa Mesa instead of Los Angeles proper?

They don't come up the Pacific Northwest, so maybe they're planning on a second year with Seattle & Portland & other cities they're skipping the first year?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2912023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 8/7/23 at 2:59pm

Does anyone know if "Message In A Bottle" (Based on the music of Sting) is planning on a Broadway run after its tour? I am planning on seeing it on Tour just in case it doesn't. I read that it has also been filmed.

Just give the world Love.

ifonlyilivedinNY
#2922023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 8/7/23 at 3:19pm

inception said: 
They play Las Vegas then San Francisco then Costa Mesa instead of Los Angeles proper?

They didn’t include the Los Angeles stop in the article, but it plays at The Ahmanson from April 2-28 2024

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#2932023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 8/7/23 at 6:07pm

It does seem an odd schedule for a first National tour. Greenville but no Chicago? Maybe it’ll come after the LA run but it does seem odd. 

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#2942023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 8/8/23 at 3:33pm

The Funny Girl tour is coming to Los Angeles proper from April 2 to April 28, Chicago has not been announced YET. 

inception said: "Regarding the Funny Girl tour: does the schedule & logistics seem a bit weird? Or are all tours so convoluted with their schedules? Like they play Charlotte NC, then go up to Baltimore, then back to Greenvillle NC.

They play Milwaukee & Minneapolis, but skip Chicago.

They don't come up the Pacific Northwest, so maybe they're planning on a second year with Seattle & Portland & other cities they're skipping the first year?
"

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2952023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 8/8/23 at 3:45pm

Does the non-equity tour of Come From Away have a website yet? Curious if they started rehearsals yet since the strike ends a few weeks ago?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#2962023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 8/9/23 at 12:01am

ACL2006 said: "Does the non-equity tour of Come From Away have a website yet? Curious if they started rehearsals yet since the strike ends a few weeks ago?"

Last I checked the CFA show site a few days ago it just said “North American tour will resume this fall”. No word on specific dates or cast yet. (I’m waiting with baited breath, it’s my favorite and coming to my city in January). 

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#2972023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 8/26/23 at 6:17pm

Update on CFA, website now says the tour will resume on October 17th. First stop Columbia, SC.

No word on casting yet but 3 other upcoming non-equity tours have announced within the past week so I imagine we'll find out soon.

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2982023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 8/27/23 at 8:24am

stoptheworld38 said: "Update on CFA, website now says the tour will resume on October 17th. First stop Columbia, SC.

No word on casting yet but 3 other upcoming non-equity tours have announced within the past week so I imagine we'll find out soon.
"

interesting that they have some stops missing from the tour schedule. I have tickets to see this at the State Theater in New Brunswick, NJ on Jan 6 and that's one of the stops missing on the website.

https://tourstoyou.org/shows/come-from-away/

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2992023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 8/28/23 at 9:05am

The non-equity tour of Come From Away will not be using the turntable due to the numerous amount of solo nighters. Casting should be announced next week as they are starting rehearsals on Tues.