pixeltracker

FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread- Page 3

FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#50FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:08am

anyone have the apple music link? or a link tree? surprised it’s not posted on the funny girl instagram

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Peppa222
#51FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:08am

I'm listening on Spotify right now. The orchestra sounds lovely. Will report back.

CatLady3
#52FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:12am

Cornet Man is amazing!

Peppa222
#53FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:19am

Lea's "I'm The Greatest Star" is seriously sensational on this recording. Haven't seen the show or have kept up with drama but holy moly. 

Updated On: 11/18/22 at 12:19 AM

ElephantLoveMedley
#54FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:20am

This album sounds absolutely EXQUISITE. I am soooo happy this got produced!!!

waitwhat0223
#55FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:27am

I got goosebumps all over listening to the album, especially the last song, Finale Act 2. I just adore the way Lea shouts out “That’s life in the theatre.” It’s marvelous.

Alecohanian
#56FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:28am

I mean…just magical. That ending of ‘TMTMMD’ is so sensational. Enjoy everyone <3

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
ElephantLoveMedley
#58FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:36am

I just listened to the “People” track for the first time and am in tears. So gorgeously tender and gentle. When you compare it to the big belty songs like “Greatest Star” and “Parade”… just such a beautiful contrasting moment. This album is doing a terrific job showcasing the range and depth of Lea’s live performance. 

CatLady3
#59FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:51am

In case they haven't seen it yet, to those hoping for surprise bonus tracks with Julie - there are none. 

CatLady3
#60FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:53am

It's also on Youtube under her name. I wish she turned on comments though!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#61FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 1:10am

I'll give a review later today, but I saw this with Julie in mid-September (when Lea was out with COVID) and I honestly don't remember a dream ballet towards the end of the show. 

Can anyone fill me in? It might just be my hazy memory...

Oh look, a bibu!

ElephantLoveMedley
#62FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 1:16am

EDSOSLO858 said: "I'll give a review later today, but I saw this with Julie in mid-September (when Lea was out with COVID) and I honestly don't remember a dream ballet towards the end of the show.

Can anyone fill me in? It might just be my hazy memory...
"

It’s the transition scene between “Music That Makes Me Dance” into the final scene when we are returned to Fanny’s dressing room at the top of the show. We see the main characters in Fanny’s story (Mr. Keeney, the Ziegfeld girls, etc. etc.) come out and swirl around to bring us out of the memory narrative back to the beginning of the diagetic narrative.

As much of a fan I am of Lea’s performance and several other elements of the show, IMO, the “dream ballet” in this production is a noticeable clunker. It’s supposed to look dreamy and ethereal but I found it to be choreographed awkwardly so it looks like the characters just kind of are aimlessly meandering around the stage. Lol. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#63FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 1:20am

Ah. I remember this moment now, though I wouldn't necessarily call it a dream ballet, per se...

Thanks, ElephantLoveMedley.

Oh look, a bibu!

sng
#64FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 1:26am

it has been said many times but I'll say it again, Lea was born for this role. She sounds terrific. The finale is still my favorite number. I can feel every word from her

Penna2
#65FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 1:40am

Who Are You Now (with Ramin) is stunning. Has always been my favorite with all the Fannys, but this is so intimate and just perfection. Wonderful album all the way around. 

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#66FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 1:54am

Her version of People is sublime. She makes it her own and it is heaven. 

I hope this gets a vinyl release.

I like the artwork. I love her expression and the yellow rose. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#67FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 1:57am

DYING for a vinyl pressing!!!

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#68FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 7:09am

God this sounds incredible. Lea is just sensational. That VOICE. I am counting down the hours to tomorrow night when I get to see her!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Phillyguy
#69FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 8:40am

Playbill has an article with examples of OBC recording with replacements. 

https://playbill.com/article/9-original-cast-albums-featuring-replacement-performers

Det95
#70FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 8:50am

Thanks! It wasn't coming up when searching.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#71FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 10:25am

Yes that was me on the Southbound A-Train belting my little Puerto Rican heart out on my way to work! LOL!

TNick926 Profile Photo
TNick926
#72FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 10:32am

CarlosAlberto said: "Yes that was me on the Southbound A-Train belting my little Puerto Rican heart out on my way to work! LOL!"

Picturing this as I'm sitting here listening to the cast album myself is bringing me JOY today!  Happy Friday, kindred spirit! :)

BCfitasafiddle
#73FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 10:42am

SUPERB album. Brilliantly sung, recorded, and mixed. Congratulations, all!! Bravo, Lea.

Grammy frontrunner for 2024??

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#74FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 10:56am

Seems strange to say it, but "Who Are You Now (Reprise)" is my favorite song in the show now, at least in this production. When I saw it with Beanie, it hardly registered as anything, but with Julie and Lea, it became the emotional high point of the second act, and the main reason it works for me now. Honestly, I think even the second half of the movie would be less of a slog if they included it, although Omar Sharif wasn't half the singer Ramin is. When the harmony clicks, though, it's absolutely gorgeous.