pixeltracker

Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread- Page 10

Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread

Hairspray0901
#225Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/16/23 at 11:05am

Does anyone know if Jessica Chastain has been doing the stagedoor after Wednesday and saturday matinees?

noahseestheatre Profile Photo
noahseestheatre
#226Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/16/23 at 11:34am

Jarethan said: "My only issue with the performance: I was in the third row center of the mezzanine and I cannot remember the last time I was so uncomfortable. It felt like the seat actually pitched forward in addition to being too close to the row in front. Luckily, there was a no-show for one seat next to me; even with that, my wife thought I hated the show because I was moving around so much )and I was actively trying not to do so). Tonight Camelot. Had I not purchased tickets in advance, I would be seeing something else.

"

I actually did a BroadwayUpClose tour of the Hudson, and it indeed is pitched forward, with an extra couple inches of space per seat--apparently, they pitched it up to keep patrons awake! But you are right haha

Side note: the backstage tour of the Hudson was so cool and worth it, we even got to go on stage!

Updated On: 5/16/23 at 11:34 AM

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#227Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/17/23 at 9:38pm

Question. Does anyone know if Amy Herzog's updated script of the play will be published in the future? I am really curious to see what the differences are from the original.

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#228Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/17/23 at 9:47pm

Hairspray0901 said: "Does anyone know if Jessica Chastain has been doing the stagedoor after Wednesday and saturday matinees?"

I happened to be walking by there today, Wednesday, and she was out signing. I got a picture of her. She seemed very nice and appreciative with the crowd. 

Just give the world Love.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#229Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/28/23 at 10:49pm

Can someone tell me what was so funny when she walked off at the end.  I was on the far left in the balcony, and didn't see her walking in the light except the beginning of it.  The audience was laughing, what was so funny?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#230Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/29/23 at 12:07am

Sorry if asked before, chance of this being recorded for archives?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#231Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/29/23 at 12:14am

Broadway Flash said: "Can someone tell me what was so funny when she walked off at the end. I was on the far left in the balcony, and didn't see her walking in the light except the beginning of it. The audience was laughing, what was so funny?"

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

She walks out the back loading door of the Hudson, and onto the 45th Street sidewalk, with cars driving by. I don't think it's funny at all, but I guess some people are amused by seeing her step into "our" world.

Updated On: 5/29/23 at 12:14 AM

BETTY22
#232Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/29/23 at 10:22am

One of the most thrilling performances of the year.

Chastain is amazing in this role. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#233Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/29/23 at 2:06pm

Oh i wish i'd seen that.  Thanks for telling me.

broadwayboy223
#234Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/29/23 at 9:58pm

I caught a matinee of this a few weeks ago. Enjoyed it and loved Jessica. I will say I too had laughter in the audience during Nora's exit and it was so disarming. Like it took me out of that final moment with Nora. Not sure why it was funny, I guess because a police car drove by? I gasped. 

Dan6
#235Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/31/23 at 10:24am

I got tickets for this as soon as they went on sale last November. When i read the feedback from preview audiences, I considered trying to unload them, as I'm generally not a big fan of the minimalist trend (including Jamie Lloyd's "Cyrano" at BAM). Although I held on to the tickets solely to see Jessica Chastain, I wasn't expecting much. But wow, I was completely blown away. Absolutely riveted throughout - and sometimes catching myself holding my breath - in a way I haven't been since seeing "Downstate." The performances, direction, and sound design were impeccable. And although the final coup-de-theatre was spoiled for me (my choice to read the spoiler content on this board!) it still packed a wallop in the context of the entire play. (And yes, it's ridiculous that it's staged in a way that a large segment of the audience can't even see it.) This was the unexpected highlight of my trip.  See it before it closes if you can... just avoid sitting house left.  

Updated On: 6/6/23 at 10:24 AM

goodlead
#237Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 6/6/23 at 9:54pm

For those who have seen Jessica or are curious abut her, I recommend a movie version of Strindberg's Miss Julie, produced in 2014, with her in the title role. An amazing, powerful performance -- unforgettable.  It's available on Kanopy.

Dylan Smith4
#238Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 6/6/23 at 10:52pm

KevinKlawitter said: "Concord Theatricals acquires licensing rights to Amy Herzog script "

Well, that answers my question from a couple of weeks back! I definitely want to get a copy of Herzog's script!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#239Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 6/6/23 at 11:13pm

So no recording for archives?   Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#240Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 6/24/23 at 10:25am

Has the script been published? 

George in DC Profile Photo
George in DC
#241Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 6/24/23 at 11:02am

blaxx said: "So no recording for archives? Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread"

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't eventually have a London run where it could be filmed more easily.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#242Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 8/20/23 at 1:21pm

Forgive me if this was announced elsewhere; Jessica Chastain seemed to have revealed upcoming mountings of the production on her episode of Smartless this past week. She made it seem like there were multiple, so I’m guessing LA and London. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Dylan Smith4
#243Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 8/20/23 at 3:04pm

Granted, Chastain was due to star in Doll's House in London 3 years ago, but that was canceled cause of the pandemic. I think Jamie Lloyd would like to FINALLY complete his 2020 Playhouse Season. Maybe next spring?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#244Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 8/20/23 at 9:50pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Forgive me if this was announced elsewhere; Jessica Chastain seemed to have revealed upcoming mountings of the production on her episode of Smartless this past week. She made it seem like there were multiple, so I’m guessing LA and London."

LA would be amazing.

willep
#245Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 8/20/23 at 9:59pm

Yeah, I caught that as well. She definitely was using plurals, as in multiple cities. Probably none as long as the Broadway engagement though.