pixeltracker

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024- Page 4

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#75CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/29/23 at 5:04pm

And is the person who said Gaga is all but set in the room with us right now? 

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#76CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/29/23 at 7:39pm

aliceripleyofficial said: "I was told Gaga is all but set for Sally last night. I’m not inclined to completely believe this but…"

That would be a huge get. 

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#77CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/30/23 at 8:50am

Not sure whatever happened with this but I was told Julia Garner auditioned for this...

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#78CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/30/23 at 9:37am

ucjrdude902 said: "Not sure whatever happened with this but I was told Julia Garner auditioned for this..."

She doesnt seem right for this, but it's not the first mention of her. So, likely she did.

It would certainly be interesting if they auditioned Hollywood actors and choose a theatre star instead.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#79CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/30/23 at 9:51am

I'm really rooting for Sally to be someone from the theatre world. I'm sure there are plenty of Hollywood actors who would be thrilling, but I'm still scarred from Michelle Williams in the last revival, who I found to be unbelievable boring.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#80CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/30/23 at 9:54am

Goes without saying but Lady Gaga in a Broadway musical (right now, at least) would be the biggest casting coup in basically the modern history of Broadway. There is no way in my opinion that a show would merely transfer from London and say 'oh by the way Gaga coming too'. Madness. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#81CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/30/23 at 11:25am

There is absolutely NO reasons why this show would even want Gaga. You get Gaga ticket prices (100% the most expensive ever). But, that comes with paying for her (more than Hugh in Music Man) and dealing with the CRAZINESS that would descend upon that theatre. Get ready for 24-hour cancellation lines, get ready for the craziest stage door you've ever seen, get ready for fans who take the "immersion" too far and try to interact with her during the show. You would need an INTENSE amount of security and be putting your whole company and staff through the ringer every single day just to account for your star. Broadway producers are crazy and not exactly known for treating people well, but I think they know enough to know this isn't worth it. 

I just don't think that that would be worth it for a show that already supposedly has a big star attached (Eddie is a big star even if he's not as big here as the UK), is a well-known popular show, has a fresh take worth seeing, and has terrific buzz and word-of-mouth. 

From Gaga's perspective, I don't think she would ever come if the show wasn't built around her and Cabaret never will be. It's a show with 5 major characters who are or at least can be pretty equal in terms of importance and memorability. Then you add that this production is really a director-dirven production and not performance driven like Music Man or Funny Girl. If Gaga ever does come to Broadway it would be in a show built around her. Think something with a Female lead that is like Dolly Levi or Fanny Brice. Something where the show is the lead and the lead is the show. She will never come in something where there's a chance at being second banana (or third, fourth, or fifth like is totally possible in Cabaret depending on the strength of the other actors). 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#82CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/30/23 at 12:51pm

east side story said: "aliceripleyofficial said: "I was told Gaga is all but set for Sally last night. I’m not inclined to completely believe this but…"

That would be a huge get.
"

Except it will never happen.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#83CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/30/23 at 2:31pm

Gaga would be pretty fab, to be honest.

Gaga would make this an event that:

A. Would close when she's done and

B. Would become far too expensive for most of us.

At this point, I just wanna know!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ElephantLoveMedley
#84CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/30/23 at 2:33pm

I would absolutely love to see Gaga's take on Sally Bowles, if not in this production, then in the film adaptation that was rumored around a year and a half ago. She would be exquisite on stage or screen.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#85CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/30/23 at 3:52pm

It's not gonna be Gaga. Next question.

I agree Redmayne isn't a huge name but he might be big enough. But also, so is that show and what they're doing with it.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
hearthemsing22
#87CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/31/23 at 10:00am

I'm 1000% sure it would not be Gaga. The security, the ticket prices...I get anxious thinking about the stage door situation already. As amazing as it would be-I just can't see it happening. 

thasanction22
#88CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/31/23 at 11:31pm

Sally Bowles is cast and is not being played by a movie star... she has one Broadway credit: the Alan Cumming revival of Cabaret 

nativenewyorker2
#89CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/31/23 at 11:53pm

thasanction22 said: "Sally Bowles is cast and is not being played by a movie star... she has one Broadway credit: the Alan Cumming revival of Cabaret"

Kristin Olness?

According to IBDB her only broadway credits are both Cumming revivals 

santeFEEE
#90CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/31/23 at 11:56pm

Is it Gayle Rankin? Only Broadway credit is the Cumming revival and since then has done some TV/ Film work.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#91CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 8/1/23 at 12:05am

thasanction22 said: "Sally Bowles is cast and is not being played by a movie star... she has one Broadway credit: the Alan Cumming revival of Cabaret"

I have a theory, but no idea if it's correct. This person's only Broadway credit is 2014 Cabaret, she was in a pretty big TV show but as a supporting character, she follow's the London production's Instagram, and she's set to debut in a massive TV franchise around the same time as the show, so her star might be on the rise. 

Still seems like a strange pick to me. 

blasvader
#92CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 8/1/23 at 4:51am

jkcohen626 said: "thasanction22 said: "Sally Bowles is cast and is not being played by a movie star... she has one Broadway credit: the Alan Cumming revival of Cabaret"

I have a theory, but no idea if it's correct. This person's only Broadway credit is 2014 Cabaret, she was in a pretty big TV show but as a supporting character, she follow's the London production's Instagram, and she's set to debut in a massive TV franchise around the same time as the show, so her star might be on the rise.

Still seems like a strange pick to me.
"

I think she reads far far more interesting to me than the other three names mentioned as being in the running, so I'm excited / intrigued if it's her.  It would be left-field, but it also suggests that they were going on fit with the production and ability than name, and that's always good.

Though I think her massive TV gig might come down later than the prodcution's opening?

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#93CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 8/1/23 at 9:11am

Gayle Rankin meets all the criteria and fits the production more than the other names floated around. I’m sure she’ll be fantastic!

Updated On: 8/1/23 at 09:11 AM

PipingHotPiccolo
#94CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 8/1/23 at 9:31am

Weeks ago someone here repeated a NY1 report that it was an alum of the Cumming production, and i think I quickly guessed that would mean Gayle Rankin, who is a phenomenal talent and has achieved some fame since. Thrilled to both pat myself on the back and get excited to see her. 

lopside
#95CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 8/1/23 at 9:31am

Funny, only thing I've seen Gayle in (outside of Kost), has been Men with Jessie Buckley.  Do they share an agent?

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#96CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 8/1/23 at 1:35pm

Side Note: My friend is still in London and he was supposed to see tonight’s show but it was cancelled because someone was on top of the building (or one nearby) and threatening to jump, and nobody can go in or out due to the police presence

They handed everyone a letter about the cancellation: https://ibb.co/t4gnbf0

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
Updated On: 8/1/23 at 01:35 PM

dreamz
#97CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 8/2/23 at 6:57am

Good morning was wondering if the London version has. Confetti, as I am a cleaner at the theater it's coming in and was curious.  Thank you

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#98CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 8/2/23 at 11:40am

dreamz said: "Good morning was wondering if the London version has. Confetti, as I am a cleaner at the theater it's coming in and was curious. Thank you"

There is. I can’t remember for what number, but it’s mostly confined to the stage area. (Not sure how this bodes for the American version though)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#99CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 8/10/23 at 7:13pm

Any new rumors on the cast?

Videos