APPROPRIATE Reviews

yyys
#75APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/16/24 at 12:39pm

call the box office.

though, it appear they are issuing refunds based on today's availability online.......they were almost sold out around 8 am.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#76APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/17/24 at 6:49am

Full cast was on last night. I echo the praises of others on here - this a really great play in all aspects, and Sarah Paulson runs away with it with her performance. I love dark dysfunctional family dramas, so this play was right up my alley. I would love to see this move to the Booth after closing at Second Stage so more people can get a chance to see this one.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#77APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/17/24 at 8:09pm

Got scared today when the white slip announcing Benko was in the playbill.  But they haven’t had a chance yet to update the playbills with the two new understudies yet hence the insert.  Paulson was wonderful. I liked it very much but what a throbbing headache do I have.

wesleystewart
#78APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/17/24 at 10:33pm

Hi all, had to rearrange my trip to NYC in a couple weeks so I have a ticket to Appropriate for Friday, January 26 Orchestra F10. Just looking for face value if anyone is interested, $128. 

Also, anyone know if entire cast is performing both shows on Wednesdays? 

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#79APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/18/24 at 7:37am

After seeing Sarah’s performance it was easy to imagine her in some of the great roles in American theatre. Martha in Virginia Woolf for one. She is quite versatile.

Updated On: 1/18/24 at 07:37 AM

MasterThespian 2
#80APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/18/24 at 9:58am

wesleystewart said: "Hi all, had to rearrange my trip to NYC in a couple weeks so I have a ticket to Appropriate for Friday, January 26 Orchestra F10. Just looking for face value if anyone is interested, $128.

"

Certainly hope so. I have tickets for the matinee on February 7th. For what they charge for tickets, I certainly expect the full cast. Hope this doesn’t become like the NBA’s load management problem. 

theaterdarling
#81APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/18/24 at 10:34pm

wesleystewart said: "Hi all, had to rearrange my trip to NYC in a couple weeks so I have a ticket to Appropriate for Friday, January 26 Orchestra F10. Just looking for face value if anyone is interested, $128.

"

I can only speak to the Wednesday January 17th matinee - everyone was in. 

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#82APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/21/24 at 8:43pm

Screaming cicadas are coming back in "once in a lifetime" event
This will be the first time since the Louisiana Purchase in 1803 that these broods of noisy, flying insects will emerge from underground.
https://apple.news/Aqe1-3qezSi6sW4AHMrdJ0Q

idioteque...
#83APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/22/24 at 1:28am

Anyone know what seats today tix has been giving in rush? Want to see this but can’t afford those prices sadly

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#84APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/22/24 at 4:13am

People, unless advertised or due to illness,  you should expect the entire cast at all performances. It's their job and their contracts are for all shows. Just like you and me, they get a certain number of sick days to use. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#85APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/22/24 at 4:16am

Has anyone heard any whispers of this transferring to the Booth after Kimberly Akimbo vacates? (Being mentioned on another board, but I'm more likely to get my hopes up if there are rumblings, here.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#86APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/22/24 at 1:29pm

dramamama611 said: "Has anyone heard any whispers of this transferring to the Booth after Kimberly Akimbo vacates? (Being mentioned on another board, but I'm more likely to get my hopes up if there are rumblings, here.)"

Just saw a rumor on the other board that this will go into the Belasco once HTDiO leaves.

djoko84
#87APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 10:24am

"

Hi, is this ticket still available? If so, we can talk in private messages.

MasterThespian 2
#88APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 12:53pm

Any guesses why the Appropriate website displays an asterisk on the 7:00 February 6th and 2:00 February 7th shows? Called and couldn’t get a straight answer. 

yyys
#89APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 1:41pm

I don't see an asterisk for either date.

MasterThespian 2 said: "Any guesses why the Appropriate website displays an asterisk on the 7:00 February 6th and 2:00 February 7th shows? Called and couldn’t get a straight answer."

MasterThespian 2
#90APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 2:03pm

Thanks for responding. Here’s a link to the 2nd Stage site. Should show the asterisks I’m seeing for the 6th and 7th. 
https://2st.com/shows/appropriate#calendar

mar6411
#91APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 2:47pm

Underneath the calendar it says it means it’s open captioned.

MezzA101
#92APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 3:00pm

Sarah Paulson scheduled for Seth Meyers tonight.

willep
#93APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 3:16pm

mar6411 said: "Underneath the calendar it says it means it’s open captioned."

Actually is says three asterisks means open captioned, you can see a date with three in January (as well as a couple with one asterisk), so either someone isn’t putting enough asterisks on a lot of dates or there’s another reason.

mar6411
#94APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 3:21pm

willep said: "mar6411 said: "Underneath the calendar it says it means it’s open captioned."

Actually is says three asterisks means open captioned, you can see a date with three in January (as well as a couple with one asterisk), so either someone isn’t putting enough asterisks on a lot of dates or there’s another reason.
"

Oops. I stand corrected.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#95APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 5:21pm

I prefer to reveal my ignorance rather than remain ignorant, so I'm hoping someone can answer a question that's been bothering me every time I read the title of this play: is the title of the show pronounced like the adjective /ə'pɹoʊpɹiət/ or the verb /ə'pɹoʊpɹiˌeɪt/?

Updated On: 1/23/24 at 05:21 PM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#96APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 6:19pm

kdogg36 said: "I prefer to reveal my ignorance rather than remain ignorant, so I'm hoping someone can answer a question that's been bothering me every time I read the title of this play: is the title of the show pronounced like the adjective /ə'pɹoʊpɹiət/ or the verb /ə'pɹoʊpɹiˌeɪt/?"

The answer is: both. I believe it’s colloquially referred to as ə'pɹoʊpɹiət, but the definitions of both pronunciations are featured on the show’s curtain.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#97APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 6:32pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "The answer is: both. I believe it’s colloquially referred to asə'pɹoʊpɹiət, but the definitions of both pronunciations are featured on the show’s curtain."

Thank you! I should have figured that the ambiguity would be a feature rather than a bug. I'll look for it when I see the show.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#98APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 6:34pm

Despite having both definitions on the show curtain, I've only ever heard it pronounced as the adjective:

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#99APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/23/24 at 6:46pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Despite having both definitions on the show curtain, I've only ever heard it pronounced as the adjective"

Thank you, too. That's pretty solid evidence.