Hinton Battle has died

ElephantLoveMedley
Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#2Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 3:02pm

Good lord! RIP Hinton! 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#3Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 3:06pm

Oh my god, this is too much for one day. RIP

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#4Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 3:46pm

Agreed. A lot in one day. I saw him in THE WIZ. I can remember sitting in the theater as a young kid and wanting to be like him onstage.  Rest in Peace.

Just give the world Love.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#5Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 3:48pm

This is a sad day.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#6Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 3:50pm

Rest in peace. Sad to lose two great talents in one day. Both triple threats. *sigh*

saxpower
#7Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 5:19pm

There's some amazing dancing going on in Heaven tonight.  Chita must have needed a partner. 

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#8Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 5:31pm

oh god, who's next?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#9Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 5:39pm

Impeach2017 said: "oh god, who's next?"

That was my thought also. Always seems to happen in 3's.

Just give the world Love.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#10Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 5:41pm

A stupendous performer whose name doesn’t seem to come up as often as it should these days. A major loss. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Peter Barker
#11Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 7:28pm

I saw Hinton Battle in Tap Dance Kid and remember being wowed by his performance. 

Such a gentle and kind person. Rest in peace. 

Esther2 Profile Photo
Esther2
#12Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 7:52pm

I worked the stage door when he came through my theater while touring with Dancin' and we because friends.  What a lovely person.  This is a very sad day. 

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#13Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/30/24 at 8:51pm

I'm so glad that I got to see him twice in Miss Saigon. I wish he had done more in recent years!

jagman106
#14Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 1/31/24 at 12:33am

An amazing talent whose absence from Broadway in the several decades is lamented. May he RIP.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#15Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 2/1/24 at 10:11am

I looked through my souvenir programs for Dancin' and Sophisticated Ladies, and he had already departed those shows when I got around to seeing them. Thankfully I saw him as John in Miss Saigon.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Dom P
#16Hinton Battle has died
Posted: 2/1/24 at 4:01pm

I had the privledge of seeimg him in The Tap Dance Kid and Sophisticated Ladies. RIP Wonderful artist.

Videos