DOUBT 2024 Previews

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#50DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:06pm

https://twitter.com/roundaboutnyc/status/1754989115328676328?s=46&t=3CLiuxAk9SX4uZyLhEWMLw

eek. I hope Tyne is ok!

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

KevinKlawitter
MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#52DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:08pm

Tyne Daly is officially out of the production. Amy Ryan takes over as the lead. She will begin on 2/13, with Keating playing the part until then.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#53DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:09pm

Woah. Hope Tyne is okay, but lucky for Roundabout that Amy Ryan was available and able to jump in so quickly.

KevinKlawitter
#54DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:12pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Woah. Hope Tyne is okay, but lucky for Roundabout that Amy Ryan was available and able to jump in so quickly."

Roundabout's Twitter thread announcing the replacement says she is expected to make a full recovery.

MasterThespian 2
#55DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:14pm

Sad to hear about Tyne. Wondered if she was up to the task when the cast was announced. Questioned her stamina to survive a full run. Now Amy Ryan steps in. Those who have seen her, what are your thoughts? Seems interesting that the priest is now older than the head nun. 

Updated On: 2/6/24 at 05:14 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#56DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:16pm

This will be Amy's 6th Roundabout production and her 6th Broadway credit. It will be her first Broadway appearance since her Tony-nominated turn as Stella in 2005.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#57DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:18pm

Why not give it to Isabel? She earned it 

Dolly80
#58DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:19pm

MasterThespian 2 said: "Sad to hear about Tyne. Wondered if she was up to the task when the cast was announced. Questioned her stamina to survive a full run. Now Amy Ryan steps in. Those who have seen her, what are your thoughts? Seems interesting that the priest is now older than the head nun."

Er- she hasn’t started yet.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#59DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:22pm

MasterThespian 2 said: "Seems interesting that the priest is now older than the head nun."

By seven months.

For about two weeks, fans of THE OFFICE could see Michael Scott and Holly Flax on different Broadway stages on the same day.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#60DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:27pm

WldKingdomHM said: "Why not give it toIsabel? She earned it"

Isabel did her job as a standby, that doesn't mean she earned the right to take over the role full-time! She's not the first or last standby to go on with limited rehearsal time. That's the job.

While Isabel might have been a down-the-list contender, they probably did due diligence (to ticketholders and the theatre's finances) and called a few more notable people first and Amy was avail.

This is show business.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#61DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:49pm

Opening night has also been pushed back to March 7, according to the New York Times. 

Oh look, a bibu!

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#62DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:56pm

Have tickets this weekend. Debating if I see it or wait for Ryan. 

Play Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#63DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 6:23pm

While I was looking forward to seeing what Tyne would do…I kind of already knew what it would look like before even seeing it. 

Amy Ryan…I am so in!

gibsons2
#64DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 7:01pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "MasterThespian 2 said: "Seems interesting that the priest is now older than the head nun."

By seven months.

For about two weeks, fans of THE OFFICE could see Michael Scott and Holly Flax on different Broadway stages on the same day.
"

It's gonna be mental!

yyys
#65DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 7:22pm

I took refund....will wait for reports on Ryan....

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Have tickets this weekend. Debating if I see it or wait for Ryan."

Wardelljclark2018
#66DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 9:04pm

I would love to see Isabel Keating tomorrow at the matinee, and I wonder how easy it will be to get todaytix rush tickets or should I try to get to the box office by 10am and if there has been a line for these first few previews given Tyne's illness? I also wonder with the refunds being given if it will be easier to get a seat this week? Any thoughts?

UnderstudiesAndStandbys
#67DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/6/24 at 9:53pm

Wardelljclark2018 said: "I would love to see Isabel Keating tomorrow at the matinee, and I wonder how easy it will be to get todaytix rush tickets or should I try to get to the box office by 10am and if there has been a line for these first few previews given Tyne's illness? I also wonder with the refunds being given if it will be easier to get a seat this week? Any thoughts?"

Rush tickets were easy to get!

Rainah
#68DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/12/24 at 5:32pm

Any further updates on rush? We're in town next weekend and I'd love to see this. Trying to judge if they'll all be sold out right when the box office opens, I'm not sure I'm going to get there by ten.

And any info on where seats are? Random unsold seats or have seats been set aside for rush?

MasterThespian 2
#69DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/12/24 at 6:22pm

Has Amy Ryan started rehearsals yet? 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#70DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/12/24 at 6:41pm

MasterThespian 2 said: "Has Amy Ryan started rehearsals yet?"

She starts tomorrow, so I certainly hope so.

Wardelljclark2018
#71DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/13/24 at 2:30pm

Was able to RUSH the show last week and saw Isabel, who gave a beautiful performance and never called for line last thursday. Curious about the adjustment of the other actors, and if Tyne had more fire in her performance, but Isabel was truly wonderful for only 24hrs of rehearsal and then just doing the show for a week. Scott Ellis also gave a wonderful opening curtain speech before the show.

I rushed at 1pm today, because I assumed there would be many cancellations and there were, got two rush tickets for the Orchestra for 8pm tonight for Amy Ryan's first performance. Very curious about pacing and intensity as the show moves forward. I realized last week, that I still had Cherry Jones and Brian F. O'Byrne's line readings in my head way back from 2005 and thought the show hadnt reached that level of intensity yet. It is still very early in previews and now a brand new lead, excited to see what tonight will bring. 

NiceWork2
#72DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/13/24 at 3:34pm

i saw the show on sunday.   Isabel keating indeed was fantastic.  Breathtaking.   There was no pre-show speech by Scott Ellis.    What did he talk about before Thursday's show?     I  know keating didn't have much rehearsal time before the first weekend,  but everything was obviously down pat after the first weekend.    I guess he just had the standard speech of saying that the show is just starting out, please be patient if something goes wrong with the set, etc???/   thanks

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#73DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/13/24 at 4:33pm

The production is bit bland, it lacks bite, but it is a riveting text that can supersede a mediocre production. Schreiber was a bit hesitant, Kazan seemed a bit off, and Keating was still finding her footing. Regardless, it’s an enjoyable evening in the theatre. I’ll definitely consider returning later in the run. 

Updated On: 2/13/24 at 04:33 PM

Hopelesslydevoted24
#74DOUBT 2024 Previews
Posted: 2/13/24 at 6:46pm

Thank you for this post. I took a chance after reading it  and stopped by the box office at 6pm and was able to secure a great center orchestra seat for $40 for tonight’s performance. 

Videos