STEREOPHONIC Previews

ak72090
#25STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 10:31am

Oh no this scares me, I got a ticket to read mezz row E, and looking at available seats now I’d be paying triple to sit row B or closer. Can anyone chime in, is the view that bad that I should look into exchanging? Thank you 

update: I exchanged for front mezz row B that brought the ticket from 40 to 120, but I’m really excited for this show so it wasn’t worth the risk I guess 

Updated On: 4/4/24 at 10:31 AM

ak72090
#26STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 11:38am

Looking in todaytix now, I could possibly trade my rear mezz row E ticket for a seat in orchestra row L far left that’s listed as obstructed, do you think that would be better? 

chrishuyen
#27STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 12:11pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iitpBXjO5U0&pp=ygUXc3RlcmVvcGhvbmljIG1hc3F1ZXJhZGU%3D

They're calling this a music video for Masquerade, but I think it plays more like an extended trailer with no dialogue.  I sincerely hope the actual cast album version for Masquerade is not this short.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#28STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 12:12pm

That song gives me Dire Straits vibes. Sounds great! 

Oh look, a bibu!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#29STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 1:14pm

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

You only hear bits and pieces of the songs in the show. Never one in its entirety, so I wonder if any of the songs are actually complete in their composition?

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

BoringBoredBoard40
#30STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 1:17pm

^ thats not true at all 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#31STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 1:19pm

My point being that if they are recording an album of the show's music, the songs are all going to be very short unless they are augmented for the recording.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”
Updated On: 4/4/24 at 01:19 PM

chrishuyen
#32STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 1:24pm

I'm like 99% sure Masquerade was longer in the show than in this video, and the song Diana sings at the piano you pretty much hear in full.  I do wonder how the cast album will be structured since there's one song where they make pretty significant changes to it as you're watching the show, and there are many songs where there are only smaller snippets.  I wonder if Will Butler wrote full versions of songs to basically give them an "end point" and then they picked specific parts to showcase the band working on them--would love to hear more about his process in writing the music.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#33STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 1:36pm

I wonder if there are full versions of the songs we do only hear a little of. I hope so, my favorite piece of music in the show we only hear one verse of, at the beginning of act two 

wannabedirector
#34STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 1:45pm

Seconding this question - how much of it would I miss going for a very far side seat marked as restricted? Anyone who’s been, is most of the blocking played centrally, is there anything on the extreme sides? 

was meant to be at the first preview yesterday, but sadly had to rearrange my trip. Nonetheless looking forward to it!

chrishuyen
#35STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 2:00pm

Here’s a picture I took from center orchestra row K.  The recording studio is behind glass, and that’s where the actors are if they’re performing any of the songs and such (some scenes also happen with the band in the booth and the engineers in front of the soundboard), and this is also what would probably be obscured by the proscenium arch for people in rear mezz (though I’m not sure by how much), and it also might be far enough upstage that part of it wouldn’t be visible to people on the extreme ends.  There are also the little couch areas on the sides of the stage, and one scene takes place primarily on house left at the couch and another takes place on the steps next to it, which could be hard to see if you’re in an extreme side seat.  It’s possible that the actors sitting in those areas during the course of the show could obscure other people, but I’d still be mostly concerned about being able to see the recording booth.  Everything in general is relatively central, though people do move around a good amount too.

STEREOPHONIC Previews

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#36STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 2:02pm

ak72090 said: "Looking in todaytix now, I could possibly trade my rear mezz row E ticket for a seat in orchestra row L far left that’s listed as obstructed, do you think that would be better?"

Yes, move up.  The Golden's rear mezzanine is one of the worst on Broadway.  It feels far and you won't see faces.

Jonathan Cohen Profile Photo
Jonathan Cohen
#37STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 2:03pm

Considering Peter claiming all of Diana's songs are too long is a key conflict between them, I'm not really worried about the cast recording having the short version of songs. 

When asked about recording a cast album when promoting the off-Broadway run, Will Butler replied "Yeah, God willing." But it sounds like he doesn't want the audience coming in knowing the songs. So if it's up to him alone, we might not get the cast recording until after the show ends it's run.

wannabedirector
#38STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 2:21pm

This is super helpful, thank you! 

B212323
#39STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 6:03pm

starlightexpress2 said: "Is there any chance that they'll extend the run? Going to NY in November and kinda bummed I'll miss this. It's a pretty short run already so I'm guessing that even if they did it wouldn't be long enough for me to see it."

This immediately became the frontrunner for Best Play at the Tonys so I can't imagineit will close in July if it wins a slew of awards. I'm guessing the cast has extensions to  Labor Day possibly New Years. I don't think anything else is scheduled to go into the Golden in the fall. 

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#40STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 9:25pm

It's the best NEW play of the season.  Broadway and Off. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#41STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 10:38pm

Going on 420.  But should I go all 420?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#42STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 10:43pm

Wow. I loved every moment of this.

It’s really firing on all cylinders: writing, performances, music, design, direction. All exceptional. It feels so deeply lived in and rich, and manages to be about such a specific art making process but still touches on so much universal experience.

Easily my pick for Best Play this year. I’m already looking forward to seeing it again, and hopefully picking up the album sometime in the future.

yyys
#43STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 11:30pm

is it confirmed that they're doing a cast album ?  I think I only heard 2 or 3 snippets that could potentially turn into full songs.  I did not hear a full song...and that piano song had like 2 or 3 chords anyway.

chrishuyen said: "I'm like 99% sure Masquerade was longer in the show than in this video, and the song Diana sings at the piano you pretty much hear in full. I do wonder how the cast album will be structured since there's one song where they make pretty significant changes to it as you're watching the show, and there are many songs where there are only smaller snippets. I wonder if Will Butler wrote full versions of songs to basically give them an "end point" and then they picked specific parts to showcase the band working on them--would love to hear more about his process in writing the music."

Updated On: 4/4/24 at 11:30 PM

BoringBoredBoard40
#44STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/4/24 at 11:41pm

they recorded an album months ago, there are full songs in the show including Masquerade, it is likely being announced officially in the next few weeks 

really weird that people would watch this and go "huh there aren't any full songs" 

Simon4
#45STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/5/24 at 12:15am

I have the choice of sitting in Row K or Row F, both in the center of the row -- which would you recommend?

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#46STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/5/24 at 9:23am

Saw this last night from a rush seat in Mezz Row D, on the far left. The view was great, but the seat itself was not level and maybe contributed the vast amount of back pain I was in by the end. Perhaps that why I really began to feel the show’s length. I could also sense some of the people around me becoming impatient, which I think made me impatient. None of these are dings against the show, per se, but unfortunately were a part of my experience. I wouldn’t have minded a second break or intermission. I think, too, the choice to project the Acts makes the show feel longer somehow (I have this same feeling when movies add “chapters” because then I’m just wondering how many chapters there are or I’m surprised how long it takes to get to the next one. Point is, don’t draw attention to your running time). 

It did take me 20 minutes or so to click into the show, but once I did, I was on board. Really liked most of the performances, loved the songs. There is something unique about this experience that separates it from other plays. Agreed with those who used the phrase “fly on the wall.” Happy to have seen it! 

MaxD3
#47STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/5/24 at 10:07am

Row K if you're speaking about the orchestra. I think being a bit further back will be better, especially for scenes that take place in the sound booth. If you're talking about the mezzanine, then row F.

Updated On: 4/5/24 at 10:07 AM

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#48STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/5/24 at 11:07am

Simon4 said: "I have the choice of sitting in Row K or Row F, both in the center of the row -- which would you recommend?"

Definitely row K. I sat in orchestra row J, and had no problems seeing anything upstage in the booth.

Updated On: 4/5/24 at 11:07 AM

B212323
#49STEREOPHONIC Previews
Posted: 4/7/24 at 12:24am

QueenAlice said: "My point being that if they are recording an album of the show's music, the songs are all going to be very short unless they are augmented for the recording."

They've already recorded it and are calling it an EP. Hopefully they'll release it close to when the Tony nominations are announced '

Latest Posts

Videos