pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 2:24pm

Click below to access all the Broadway grosses from all the shows for the week ending 6/9/2024 in BroadwayWorld's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: UNCLE VANYA (23.1%), A BEAUTIFUL NOISE, THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL (13.6%), BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE MUSICAL (9.3%), MOTHER PLAY (8.6%), THE NOTEBOOK (7.3%), BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE (7.3%), THE GREAT GATSBY (5.7%), SUFFS (4.2%), HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD (3.8%), PATRIOTS (3.8%), & JULIET (3.5%), HADESTOWN (3.2%), WATER FOR ELEPHANTS (3%), CHICAGO (2.3%), ALADDIN (2.2%), THE LION KING (2.2%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (1.8%), ILLINOISE (1.6%), THE WIZ (1.6%), HAMILTON (1.4%), THE OUTSIDERS (1.3%), STEREOPHONIC (1.1%), CABARET AT THE KIT KAT CLUB (0.6%), HELL'S KITCHEN (0.1%),

Down for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: APPROPRIATE (-4.9%), THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL (-2.6%), MARY JANE (-2.5%), HOME (-1.7%), THE WHO'S TOMMY (-1.5%), MJ THE MUSICAL (-1.4%), MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL (-1%), WICKED (-1%), SIX (-0.5%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 2:35pm

I feel genuinely bad for the folks at Home. Even at a nonprofit, those numbers have to really sting. I saw the show last week and thought it was lovely. And belonged in a much smaller theater off-Broadway. 

Also, who is producing The Heart of Rock and Roll? And if they want to just throw money away, are they accepting applications? A fun show, but my word...it's time to accept it's not working, even if we want it to.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 2:36pm

I am surprised by Chicago's grosses.   Undoubtedly, they will improve once Jinx Monsoon returns as Mama.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 2:36pm

Tommy is going to need to pull off an upset or have a breathtaking performance if they want to keep going.

Tommy and The Notebook might as well post Labor Day closing notices now.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

hearthemsing22
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 2:45pm

There has to be someone funneling money into Heart of Rock and Roll. Maybe they'll throw in the towel after the Tonys. At the same time, they have performances scheduled for the July 4th week. Would they still schedule those if they planned on a closing?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 3:07pm

Suffs will close in January at the latest if it wins best musical. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 3:16pm

Really baffled by Roundabout's decision to put Home up on Broadway and at this time of year.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

bigbelterbaby
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 3:18pm

Happy to see The Outsiders and Water for Elephants in the 1 Million Club again! 

Surprised how low Mary Jane is compared to Appropriate, Stereophonic and Mother Play. I said this last week but Rachel doing a little more promo would help remind people to buy a ticket. Sarah Paulson has been everywhere lately. 

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

Zeppie2022
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 3:18pm

As much as I enjoyed "The Heart Of Rock And Roll" and don't want the cast to lose their jobs, it is quite evident it is just not going to catch on and attract a bigger audience. I am not in the business so not sure how much money they are losing every week. Is there any good reason this show has not posted closing notice?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 3:20pm

Zeppie2022 said: ". Is there any good reason this show has not posted closing notice?"

Somebody with deep pockets who wants a tax writeoff.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Zeppie2022
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 3:25pm

"Somebody with deep pockets who wants a tax writeoff"

Huey Lewis? - lol.

bigbelterbaby
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 3:27pm

Kad said: "Really baffled by Roundabout's decision to put Home up on Broadway and at this time of year."

They should have just kept Doubt open through the Tonys and opened Home in the Fall or something. Or flipped their schedule around so that Jajas or French Republic could still be playing at Tony time. 

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 3:45pm

bigbelterbaby said: "Kad said: "Really baffled by Roundabout's decision to put Home up on Broadway and at this time of year."

They should have just kept Doubt open through the Tonys and opened Home in the Fall or something. Or flipped their schedule around so that Jajas or French Republic could still be playing at Tony time.
"

Jaja and French Republic were MTC, fyi!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 3:45pm

bigbelterbaby said: "Or flipped their schedule around so that Jajas or French Republic could still be playing at Tony time."

Jajas and French Republic were MTC shows.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 3:50pm

Home would've been better suited for Studio 54 or even the Pels. They need to start filling out their seasons. Home has no star power and was destined not to be a huge seller outside of their subscription base. They should hope & Juliet continues to run because that rental of their space has to be sustaining them at this point. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 4:05pm

Kad said: "Really baffled by Roundabout's decision to put Home up on Broadway and at this time of year."

Truly. And I don't think ANYTHING would be different had it opened at a different time of year or in a different theatre. It (like any play) needed stars if they wanted to actually attract an audience, and there isn't a single press angle to pull aside from "isn't it sad that the playwright -- who you might not have heard of -- died while this was in rehearsals." I feel bad for everyone involved. IMHO, it's not even a creative success.

Naturally they'll try to spin this as a plus for their diversity efforts and "expanding the canon", which would be more noble if they could fill the house more than 75%.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 4:17pm

The Notebook won't be performing on the Tonys, correct? I mean maybe they're covering their running costs so they don't really care. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 4:29pm

I’ll be pissed if they let “Notebook” perform while telling “Stereophonic” they can’t. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 4:34pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Kad said: "Really baffled by Roundabout's decision to put Home up on Broadway and at this time of year."

Truly. And I don't think ANYTHING would be different had it opened at a different time of year or in a different theatre. It (like anyplay) needed stars if they wanted to actually attract an audience, and there isn't a single press angle to pull aside from "isn't it sad that the playwright -- who you might not have heard of -- died while this was in rehearsals." I feel bad for everyone involved. IMHO, it's not even a creative success.

Naturally they'll try to spin this as a plus for their diversity efforts and "expanding the canon",which would be more noble if they could fill the house more than 75%.
"

While I don’t think it would’ve been a hit if it opened in the fall or spring, it at least would’ve been able to get slightly more attention. This is just not a good time to open such a low key production. Subscribers are starting to go out of town for the summer and everybody else is focused on the Tony-nominated shows. It just instantly got lost in the shuffle, particularly without any big name attached to it (the middling response of course doesn’t help). 

willep
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 5:37pm

Glad to see Suffs continue to climb.

JSquared2
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 5:43pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Suffswill close in January at the latest if it wins best musical."

Yeah, OK.

JoeW4 Profile Photo
JoeW4
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 5:44pm

I wonder if Stereophonic will get to the 1 million mark after the Tonys. By my math, they’d have to sell out with a $160 average.

Of course I’m not one to *advocate* for raising ticket prices, but just from an industry standpoint it would be an impressive feat!

JSquared2
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 5:47pm

JoeW4 said: "I wonder if Stereophonic will get to the 1 million mark after the Tonys. By my math, they’d have to sell out with a $160 average.

Of course I’m not one to *advocate* for raising ticket prices, but just from an industry standpoint it would be an impressive feat!
"

PRIMA FACIE did well over $1M after the Tonys at the Golden -- so it's certainly possible.

MezzA101
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
Posted: 6/11/24 at 5:52pm

Broadway Robust Heading Into Tonys: 'Stereophonic', 'Hell's Kitchen' Sell Out

https://deadline.com/2024/06/broadway-box-office-june-9-2024-stereophonic-hells-kitchen-1235970284/

Videos