pixeltracker

What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?

What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?

#0What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 3:41pm

I was in theater in high school. I never really had any big parts unless you count me being Peter Quince (yes a girl cast as a man's part) in A Midsummer Night's Dream which wasn't a big part but did have a long monologue, and I was Renee in the female version of The Odd Couple.

My favorite, favorite show I was in was Annie Get Your Gun in my sophomore year. That was my first one, and I just really loved that show. I didn't play a specific part but played different roles in the show. But during the song "The Girl That I Marry" when the actor sings, "A girl I can carry...", I was the girl that the guy picked up to demonstrate this I guess.

So what was your favorite show that you were in? And God forbid this subject has been discussed already, do not crucify me.

fae Profile Photo
fae
#1re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 3:47pm

jill tanner in "butterflies are free." i hade more fun with that role, the cast... everything. it was seven years ago in a small proffesional florida theatre.... only a nine week run, but i had the time of my life. i still keep in touch with most of the cast.

Ocean Breeze soap. It's just like taking an ocean cruise only there's no boat and you don't go anywhere.

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#2re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 3:49pm

Best Musical-INTO THE WOODS as Jack

Best Role-The Artful Dodger in OLIVER!

Best as in Favorite re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Updated On: 7/28/04 at 03:49 PM

Roxie Profile Photo
Roxie
#3re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 3:59pm

My favorite musical I've been in was Chicago. I fought really hard for the role of Roxie and got it. That's me as Roxie in the picture (me on the right) I'm only 16 so it was with a theatre school but even though it was only three night it was the best time of my life!

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#4re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 4:01pm

Wow.. great pic Roxie!

KMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
#5re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 4:02pm

Paul -- A Chorus Line

"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#6re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 4:04pm

Well, there's soooo many....

I have to settle w/ 3 shows... Sorry...
Guys & Dolls - Benny Southstreet
Will Rogers Follies - Cowboy
Joseph - a Brother...

I really want to do Once Upon A Mattress in the future and play Dauntless...

ponine24601
#7re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 4:05pm

well i really liked when i played peter in peter pan because i got to fly. my favorite role that i have played would probably be Eponine in Les Mis because she has been my dream role ever since i first saw the show on broadway.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

#8re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 4:15pm

We did Once Upon a Mattress during my junior year. I liked that one. My least favorite musical was Music Man which we did in senior year. Probably not the show I disliked, but that it was more newer people, and it wasn't as fun as the other ones. That was just a bad year altogether. The drama teacher's take on A Midsummer Night's Dream was just horrible earlier that year. Unfortunately, my friend got one of the leads in that, but too bad it wasn't one of the better shows.

I wish we would have gotten to do Chicago!

shesings
#9re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 4:20pm

I think when I was Eliza in My Fair Lady. The theatre had a really nice budget and all of my costumes were custom made for me to look identical to the movie. There were all sorts of other perks, but the outfits were my favorite. Especially the Ascot! Not to mention it is such an incredible role.

ontheT Profile Photo
ontheT
#10re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 4:26pm

last summer i was in "children of Eden", thats my favorite show so far, even though the audience didn't respond very well.

OhSoWicked
#11re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 5:06pm

The Wiz in my jr year of high school.

I was a principle dancer and we got to be the tornado, the poppys, the yellow brick road, emerald city citizens, and prisoners at the witch's castle. It was so much fun and it was a small, very VERY tightly knit cast, with the best producer ever. We had an awesome time.

Least favorite (this should be a thread too, lol) music to perform was from The Music Man but it was very fun and it turned out to be an amazing production, but least favorite production was Footloose because it was very rushed and we had a mostly miserable time. Ah well. Updated On: 7/28/04 at 05:06 PM

ponine24601
#12re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 5:09pm

my least favorite show was probably Oliver. worst experience ever. the entire cast (aside from a few friends) were snobby and stuck up. i wanted to die.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

#13re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 5:33pm

When we did AGYG, we had to push my poor friend in a part to go talk to the actor playing Frank on a Friday night performance, and we pushed her so hard, she slipped and fell in front of him. He just looked at her and tried not to laugh, and this was right before we had to sing "A Bad Bad Man". We were just trying not to look at each other or else we would lose it.

FosseBoi
#14re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 5:44pm

So far...
Legs Ruby-Give My Regards To Broadway(For SOOOOOOOO meny reasons)
Fav. Show-ANNIE

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

2day4u9704301 Profile Photo
2day4u9704301
#15re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 7:09pm

During one summer, I got to be in a great show called Not Another Musical. Absolutely HILARIOUS! It was written and put on by local college students, so probably no one on this board has heard of it. In terms of known shows, Li'l Abner was my fav to be in!

pab Profile Photo
pab
#16re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 7:11pm

Harold Hill - The Music Man
Treat - Orphans

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#17re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 7:18pm

I've had 4 plum roles (although never went before an audience due to budget problems)
Applegate in Damn Yankees
Guido in Nine
Finch in H2$

the latest one is the one actually supposed to open
Billy Flynn in Chicago

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#18re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 7:26pm

Harold Hill in The Music Man
Rapunzel's Prince in Into the Woods (very fun to play)

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#19re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 7:29pm

I've played both Jack and Rapunzel's Prince in INTO THE WOODS

I would have to say RP is funner to play than Jack, but the production in which I played Jack was miles above the one in which I played RP

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

Cyndy Profile Photo
Cyndy
#20re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 7:56pm

Favorite role...Irma in The Madwoman of Chaillot

Favorite show playing in the pit...Sweeney Todd

"If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having." Henry Miller

aspiringguy715 Profile Photo
aspiringguy715
#21re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 8:09pm

Favorite Play- Lend Me a Tenor (Tito Merelli)
Favorite Musical- How to Succeed (J.B. Biggley)/Joseph and the Amazing....Dreamcoat (Joseph) Updated On: 7/28/04 at 08:09 PM

marebare
#22re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 8:41pm

Florinda in Into The Woods!!! I got to get my hair pulled, slap Cinderella and wear sunglasses on stage...what more could you ask for?! :P

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#23re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 9:13pm

42ND STREET and A CHORUS LINE

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Guffman Fan Profile Photo
Guffman Fan
#24re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 9:17pm

(my first post- I'm so excited)
I'm currently playing Paula in our community theatre production of "The Goodbye Girl". What a cute story and music! Can't believe it didn't do better on Broadway with a great pair like Bernadette and Martin Short! It's been my favorite theatre experience so far!

Videos