pixeltracker

nicest person @ stage door....- Page 5

nicest person @ stage door....

bwaybaby2 Profile Photo
bwaybaby2
#100re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 12:23am

idina menzel!!!!!!! JK. no, she's cool. buit she never comes out! i wish she did more often. but i love her anyway

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
sweetiedarlinmia
#101re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 12:40am

Said it before, i'll say it again:
-The entire cast of Caroline, the nicest people in the world especially Tonya Pinkins and Veanne Cox
-Eric Summers and Lisa Brescia from Aida, so sweet, incredibly nice

Juliette Capulet
#102re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 12:44am

Brad Little, Karl Warden, & Jacqueline Stedman

Tendres Baisers,
Juliette Capulet

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#103re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 9:46am

Rob Bartlett was great and was telling everyone to go back to our Broadway Message Boards and talk about how great he was.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

jezzebelle
#104re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 9:50am

Kathy Brier (the HS cast in general, are a bunch of sweethearts), Adam Pascal, Roger Bart...

JiltedLyricist
#105re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 9:54am

For "hugs" you can't beat Steve Schalchlin in The Big Voice. He reinvents the term "approachable."

NativeNewYorker
#106re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 10:13am

"it absolutely makes my day when people appreciate the small roles in musicals... but you have to be quick, cuz a lot of us walk out quickly assuming no one wants out autograph... just a word of wisdom "

wow, what show are you in? (If you don't mind me asking :))

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#107re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 10:49am

The late Lynne Thigpen was an absolute sweetheart - I brought her an original Godspell playbill my parents had kept and she proceeded to shriek in amazement, then talk to my friend and I for about half an hour about where the other people were now, her experiences, etc.

This isn't really a stage door story, but by far the nicest person I've met is Billy Boyd (Pippin from Lord of the Rings). I volunteered at a fundraiser he was appearing at and we ended up going for a drink in the bar down the street. He was incredibly sweet to me.

steveshack Profile Photo
steveshack
#108re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 11:25am

Careful. JiltedLyricist is my shill.

crazyforpenny
#109re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 11:47am

My husband and I saw Brooke Tansley at the stage door after Hairspray and she was sooooooo nice. Talked to us signed our playbill and was so sweet to all that were there. Later we saw her at Starbucks and was even nicer.

Jimmcf Profile Photo
Jimmcf
#110re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 12:00pm

Nicest:

Chita Rivera (after "Kiss of the Spiderwoman")
Elaine Paige (after "Sunset Boulevard")
Bernadette Peters (after "The Goodbye Girl")
Emily Skinner (after "Side Show")

Nastiest:
Betty Buckley (after "Sunset Boulevard")

My mother always used to say, "The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana." - Rose Nyland

broadwayguy2
#111re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 12:07pm

SOO true about brooke tansley. I saw her before aperfroemance of Hairspray and she was SO sweet. Afterwards, it was pouring down rain and she saw me on the sidewalk and started calling my name whiel she was still inside, then made me stand under her umbrella so I wouldn't get wet. I also have RAVES for Serge Kushnier. the entire hairspray company is tops.

Elphie6689 Profile Photo
Elphie6689
#112re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 12:38pm

--kristin chenoweth
--lisa brescia
--joey fatone
--eden espinosa
--donna murphy

"And if I'm flying solo.. at least I'm flying free..."

CJR
#113re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 1:45pm

Rob Bartlett was great and was telling everyone to go back to our Broadway Message Boards and talk about how great he was.

HAHAHAHAHA I love Rob re: nicest person @ stage door....

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

mule
#114re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 2:02pm

Linda Eder was very nice and gracious.

Doug Sills was great.

Rachael York also.

Kristen Chenoweth after Epic Proportions was also nice.

DiRrTy_ReNtHEAD420 Profile Photo
DiRrTy_ReNtHEAD420
#115re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 2:06pm

OK for me Deborah Cox was soooo nice. I met her at the stage door b4 the show and she was running late and everythin but still stopped to talk to me and sign stuff. She was amazing.

Destern Owens (new Collins in Rent) was such a nice
Jai was nice to but i met him at Scary Spices last show he wasnt performing jsut there. And Scary Spice was kewl she jumped off the stage at the end and i had front row b/c th lottery tickets and she hugged me just cause iw as there but she was a bitch when leaving...."i have my party to go to leave me alone"

LSOH cast was so nice (day b4 closing) But J. Snow .Willson took forever to come out by the time she did there were about 5 people waiting so she talked to us kinda had no other choice.

No Other Road.. No Other Way.. No Day But Today! Live Dirty, Play Dirrty, I am DIRRTY!

CJR
#116re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 2:11pm

Destern Owens (new Collins in Rent) was such a nice

He was in Chicago for like a second.. he's a doll

worrell4077
#117re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 2:23pm

Hi, I'm Josh and this is my first post.

Everyone I've met at the stage doors have been nice , but the two nicest people I've ever met are Hunter Foster and John Treacy Egan.

The reason is that the second I saw The Producers(which was the first time I saw it with Hunter) I brought a photo of me and him for him to sign and afterwards waited and Brad Oscar came out, then John Treacy Egan and said that Hunter might not be coming out because he was having physical therapy being done(not serious), so we waited for probably and hour and I notice the stage door open and Hunter came out and we talked, and I got him to sign my picture.

Now Hunter in my opinion is the 2nd nicest person, the first would be John Treacy Egan because the third time I saw The Producers we waited out again because I missed Gary Beach, Brad Musgrove, and Angie Schworer and so they came out and I got photos and their autographs, when Brad Oscar left some people started to leave because in my opinion they were all waiting for Hunter, but the majority left and all that was left was me, my sister, my mom, and one of my mom's friends. So then John Treacy Egan came out and we talked and he said that Hunter may not be coming out because of the physical therapy, so my mom's friend said to him can you take these back there and have him sign them for us. So John said that he had nothing to do yet, so he took our stuff and went back in and later came back out with the two playbills and my program with Hunter signature.

Now, how many broadway actors do you know that would do that?

LadyMann
#118re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 2:49pm

Terrece Mann
Douglas Sills
--the casts of all 3.5 versions of Pimpernel on Broadway--
The Cast of Avenue Q-esp. Tartaglia who remembers you even after 6 months, and approaches you!
-Michael Arden, Aaron Lohr (who like tartaglia will remember you, and approach you), and the rest of the cast of Bare (natalie joy johnson, jenna leigh green...)
-Burke Moses
-Donna Murphy
-BRYAN BATT
-Tom Plotkin
-the cast of Seussical
-the cast of Rocky Horror
...and many many more im sure...

"will you be my friend, when everything ends?"-drift (jeremy schonfeld)

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#119re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 3:12pm

Not at the stage door, but...

I had written John Michael Higgins a letter after seeing him in the play, "Jeffrey" Off-Broadway. Months later I was introduced to him by a mutual acquaintance. When he heard my last name, he said, "you wrote me the nicest letter which I still have." I couldn't believe he actually remembered, which really impressed me.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

CJR
#120re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 3:13pm

the cast of Bare (natalie joy johnson...)

Oh my lord.. I saw/worked with her back in the day on the Godspell tour. That gives me even more of a reason to see Bare lol

CK2
#121re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 3:21pm

Chita Rivera for sure...... and Mary Stuart Masterson.

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#122re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 4:50pm

I just posted how I try not to get to chummy with the performers after the show, but I have made exceptions when someone really wows me. The best I've met are:

Joe Machota - Rediculously nice, always takes time to say hello, no matter where I'd run into him. And it's cute to see the teenage girl fans react to him, he's like a rockstar.

Karen Mason - The most personable performer I've met, and so funny. She needs to be back on Broadway NOW!

Louise Pitre - Very gracious, and great eye contact.

Mary Bond Davis - Must have talked to my friend and I for like 15 minutes! She had me kiss her thumb after she had just bashed it in the door too, haha.

Harvey Fierstein - He was so funny whenever he'd come out, always had those little biting comments that if said by anyone else, would be interpreted as bitchy.

One funny story, after seeing Bernedette in Gypsy, this father in front of me asked her if she remebered his daughter from a drama lecture like 5 years ago, and even took out her photo. She was like "Oh yeah, there she is, how is she?"

If Lincoln were alive today, do you think he'd be pleased with his tunnel?

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#123re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 5:18pm

mary bond davis is always nice to everyone.

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#124re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 5:40pm

---"it absolutely makes my day when people appreciate the small roles in musicals... but you have to be quick, cuz a lot of us walk out quickly assuming no one wants out autograph... just a word of wisdom "

wow, what show are you in? (If you don't mind me asking :))----

im currently unemplayed, but i was a swing/ensemble member/eponines understudy each for very short periods of time on tour, did a local production of technicolor dreamcoat- ive done quite a few things though. i have yet to proffesionally be a character with a real name though. (w/ the exception of understudying) so yea. woe is me. haha jk i love my job (when i actually have one) and i feel less pressured knowing that people arent coming to the show to see only me, and its a wonderful oppertunity to improve my skills. however it is rather depressing walking out a stage door and seeing the swarms of people around the lead actors and not a single person even know who you are... so whenever someone actually appreciates what i do, i make sure to thank them graciously by taking them backstage if its allowed at the time,answering any questions, and making sure that they get all the signitures that they want. a lot of my fellow ensemble members do the same. so yea-if you want a chance at some behind the scenes one on one chatting instead of 'okay kid heres my autograph bye', approach an ensemble member because we dont get such big heads.