Fav Showtune...

timote316
#0Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 3:21pm

Alright, a somewhat easy one. What is your favorite song from a show on Broadway right now. Tell your favorite song at this time, as I know mine changes depending on my mood lol

Mine: One Song Glory, Rent

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#1re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 3:23pm

there are so many i like, i could never pick just one!! maybe: Pass the Footbal from Wonderful Town. that is up there as 1 of my favs right now.

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

B.B. Wolf
#2re: Fav Showtune...

Currently, I'd say Music of the Night from Phantom.
Boy, that's kind of indicative of what's on Broadway right now. re: Fav Showtune...

Word. Word, indeed.

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#3re: Fav Showtune...

Right now, "Another Day", "One Song Glory", and "Goodbye, Love". All from RENT.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

Chrysanthemum62001
#4re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 3:26pm

I can't pick a favorite, I just can't...

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Mary_Ethel Profile Photo
Mary_Ethel
#5re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 4:51pm

My favorite is "When You're Good To Mama" from CHICAGO. When put across properly, its a STUNNING showcase for the performer.

"I say YOU'RE the CUTEST one. No, I say YOU'RE the CUTEST One. And we go on like that from dawn to three."

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#6re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 4:52pm

At the moment? One Day More from Les Miserables. BUT I can't pick one overall favorite song. No way.

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#7re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 5:20pm

I have to agree with "Music of the Night". Unless I'm in a sillier mood and then it's "Springtime for Hitler".

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

showinoff Profile Photo
showinoff
#8re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 5:30pm

It sucks to be me.... ave Q.

<< Gavin Creel and Kate Baldwin making vocal love... I adore these two.

DestinyBeckoned Profile Photo
DestinyBeckoned
#9re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 5:35pm

right now, I'll go with "She Cries" from Songs for a new world

HROK?

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#10re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 6:44pm

Cabaret
Meadowlark
Hear My Song
Our Time
I Cain't Say No - the fun factor

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#11re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 6:50pm

Well I have to pick a few. I've picked them based on their quality and how addictive they are.
Our Time- Merrily We Roll Along
White Boys- Hair
Another Hundred People- Company
EVERY SINGLE SONG FROM LES MIS! AHHHHHH.
And
America- West Side Story (that song is such a great dance number)

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

dry2olives Profile Photo
dry2olives
#12re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 6:55pm

"Where or When" from Babes in Arms

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#13re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 7:03pm

"La Vie Boheme" and "Goodbye, Love" : Rent
"My Girlfriend who lives in Canada" : Ave Q

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#14re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 7:05pm

wickedfan, it's not much of a coincidence we both listed "Our Time." re: Fav Showtune... And I know it's cliche but Bring him home, One day more and On my own are chilling.

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

sndtrklvr Profile Photo
sndtrklvr
#15re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 7:06pm

I have been singing "you'll never get away from me" as a good night song to my 10 month old.

So my dear you think you can get to Broadway. Well, let me tell you something. Broadway has no room for people like you. Not the Broadway I know. My Broadway takes people like you and eats them up and spits them out. My Broadway is the Broadway of Merman, and Martin, and Fontaine, and if you think you can build yourself up by knocking other people down... ...GOOD LUCK... Seinfeld

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#16re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 7:07pm

CurtainUp, I have no idea what you're talking about re: Fav Showtune...

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

AidaNYRent Profile Photo
AidaNYRent
#17re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 7:21pm

Right now it is "As long as your mine" from Wicked
I am also with Broadwaydiva with "Goodbye Love" from Rent

"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn, and we are lead to those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return" Galinda

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#18re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 7:38pm

My favorite changes all the time! I have a bunch of favorites, but...

Now I guess it is "Human Again" from Beauty and the Beast. Because I am going to see it in a couple of weeks. Yay!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#19re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 7:42pm

I don't think some people read that it's from shows on Broadway now...

Adoannie925 Profile Photo
Adoannie925
#20re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 7:45pm

My favorite show on Broadway right now is "Phantom of The Opera" and my favorite showtune at the moment (they tend to change with mood for me) is "Don't Rain on My Parade."

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#21re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 7:48pm

Good point! My favorite song from a show on Broadway right now is probably One Song Glory from RENT.

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#22re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 8:17pm

Oh, ok-totally misread. Sorry!Hmm...favs currently on Broadway.

"If I Can't Love Her" - B & tb
"Mamma, I'm a Big Girl Now" "Welcome to the 60s" "Good morning Baltimore" and "I can hear the bells" from Hairspray are just FUN and never fail to pep me up

"Springtime for Hitler" "Never Say good luck..." and "Keep it Gay" from the Producers are hysterical

"Christmas Bells" & "La Vie Boheme" & "What You Own" & "Ill Cover You" (1+2) from Rent

I adore "Sucks to be Me" "Fine, Fine line" from Q

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#23re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/16/04 at 8:43pm

on Broadway right now.......

Mr. Cellophane- Chicago
Defying Gravity- Wicked

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Mary_Ethel Profile Photo
Mary_Ethel
#24re: Fav Showtune...
Posted: 10/17/04 at 8:31am

SPLENDID choice, Dry2.

Who else besides Rodgers & Hart would have the courage to write a song deja vu, much less make it an integral piece of the plot?

That song is sixty years old and still TIMELESS. :)

"I say YOU'RE the CUTEST one. No, I say YOU'RE the CUTEST One. And we go on like that from dawn to three."