what shows you what on cd

bryan
#0what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/10/04 at 6:17pm

my are so many here is a few inner city, jimmy , maggie flynn what are your choices.

gettinhep Profile Photo
gettinhep
#1re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/10/04 at 6:23pm

I wouldn't mind a re-release of 'The Mystery of Edwin Drood.'

'Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational.' - Lucy Van Pelt

lvpblues
#2re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/10/04 at 8:42pm

I fully second a reissue of "Drood" - I'm kinda surprised that it went go out of print (and is an expensive rare find these days). It would be nice to get a complete recording - fitting the music from both release versions. I would also love a reissue of "Woman of the Year". Great score and Bacall is a blast.

~K Updated On: 11/10/04 at 08:42 PM

hak Profile Photo
hak
#3re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/10/04 at 8:45pm

call me crazy, but i wish they had recorded and released Dance Of The Vampires

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#4re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/10/04 at 8:54pm

You're crazy. re: what shows you what on cd

Actually, if you go here,:

http://www.danceofthevampires.com/multimedia.html

there are demo recordings in MP3 format that you can burn.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#5re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/10/04 at 11:26pm

never gonna dance

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#6re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/11/04 at 1:26am

Well since it is open in Cali now. White Christmas. I won't get to see it but I think the recording would sell like gangbusters just because everyone recognizes the name.

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

Humberto_Luna Profile Photo
Humberto_Luna
#7re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/11/04 at 11:22am

One Mo' Time (Off-Broadway)
Your arms too short to box with God
Leader of the pack
Dave Clark's Time

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#8re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/11/04 at 12:10pm

Eubie!
1940s Radio Hour
Stardust

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

bwaymyway
#9re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/11/04 at 12:14pm

The USA Revival of Oklahoma!
Patrick Wilson makes me shudder. In a good way.

Of course, speaking of cds, I'm still waiting for Little Women. Hopefully they'll do an early release, like Hairspray did.

but most of all i yearn to be astonishing...

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#10re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/11/04 at 2:27pm

bwaymyway- I CAN'T WAIT until the Little Women cast recording comes out. I hope they didn't cut any of the songs I really liked.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

bryan
#11re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/11/04 at 3:55pm

what about shows from the rca victor catalong like inner city. and i hope dracula

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#12re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/11/04 at 4:40pm

Yuck on the NEVER GONNA DANCE. I wish they had recorded DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES as well - it was such amazing music and brilliant performers (minus crawford.)

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

VeuveClicquot Profile Photo
VeuveClicquot
#13re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/11/04 at 5:32pm

Of shows that were recorded, LEADER OF THE PACK is first on my list, followed closely by BEEHIVE.

Of shows that weren't recorded, LITTLE FISH and THE PETRIFIED PRINCE are top of my list. It's really a tragedy that new work from a composer as important as Michael John LaCuisa lies unrecorded, while record labels like Jay preserve unnecessary things like the recent LUCKY STIFF concert. (Not to say that the new LUCKY STIFF recording is bad, but I'd rather have an unrecorded show than another version of LUCKY STIFF.)

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#14re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/11/04 at 7:35pm

Inner City's score was emasculated by putting it on a single lp although the jacket could have held 2. I doubt they ever recorded the whole score but I would still like a CD of it & Jimmy as well

Poster Emeritus

CattleCall Profile Photo
CattleCall
#15re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/13/04 at 10:00pm

Of shows that weren't recorded:
Definitely Oklahoma with Patrick Wilson and the revival Broadway cast, Bare, The Joys of Sex, and of course, Altar Boyz (even though I'm sure there will be one when it reopens in March).

"I can't pay the bills yet, 'cause I have no skills yet. The world is a big scary place." - Avenue Q

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#16re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/13/04 at 10:52pm

Maybe the POTO Original Broadway cast. And the Mamma Mia Original Broadway cast. And definitely a Broadway cast recording of Oklahoma!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

xanado_girl Profile Photo
xanado_girl
#17re: what shows you what on cd
Posted: 11/14/04 at 12:59am

Summer of 42

"Is it your booty? Is that what it is? Is it that booty of yours? I hope it is!"-Zanna, Don't!

Videos