pixeltracker

Who role that you have played, is your most prized?

Who role that you have played, is your most prized?

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#0Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:05pm

For me, I would have to say Ken Gorman in Rumors. I really loved playing this part, and I beat the economics of high school theatre like no other!

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#1re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:12pm

Audrey II in LSOH

#2re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:13pm

Smokey in Damn Yankees.

alphieboy, is you're name Todd?

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#3re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:13pm

No, why?

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

#4re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:14pm

Because we did Rumors at my high school last year and I was just wondering what ever happened to to Todd who played the part.

Sorry.

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#5re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:15pm

Carl Magnus in Little Night Music

or

Cliff in Deathtrap

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#6re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:16pm

Oh, no promb.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#7re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:19pm

I would have to say CHRIS Gorman, who I played my Junior year of high school. re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?

rmposey Profile Photo
rmposey
#8re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:32pm

Mother in Amahl and the Night Visitors. It's such a moving story.

I should have eaten the saw and used the cake to bludgeon my way out - Alfred Hitchcock

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#9re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:33pm

Hannigan in a musical revue, it was one song, but the role was just so juicy!!! Ive also loved Amanda in For Whom the Southern Belle Tolls - Durang is brilliant. 4 kids in my drama class did Menagerie, and the 4 more (including me) did Southern Belle rigght after intermission and it was a wonderful night!

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

brdlwyr
#10re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:37pm

Pippin, three times.

FrontNCentre Profile Photo
FrontNCentre
#11re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:39pm

Well I would have to say two off the bat, The Dryer In CAroline Or Change OR Lilli Darling in NINE!

>>I knew who I was this morning, but since then I have changed many times!<<

modeldiva
#12re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:47pm

I would have to say Kate Keller in The Miracle Worker. It's such a great part and often times overlooked because the show is all about Helen and Annie.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." ~Oscar Wilde

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#13re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:51pm

Yaaaaahhhh Taryn! Good for us! I was also a junior who had never ever done a play or musical at my high school, and I beat the system taking a supposed seniors part, who had always been the lead in everything.

Oh, and Front...when did you play the Dryer in COC?

Kringas
#14re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:54pm

It's a tie between the title role in Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Prior Walter in Angels in America.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#16re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 1:07pm

I think the role I'm playing right now, Harold in "The Full Monty" is my new favorite role. It's also important to me because it's my first professional job (along with my other roles with this company this summer), and because I'm so NOT a dancer, I'm proud that I was finally able to master those steps (we're using the original Broadway choreography). It's been a great learning experience as well as a lot of fun.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#17re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 1:14pm

Jessie Spano in Saved by the Bell.

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#18re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 1:15pm

My two favorite roles have been Anatoly in Chess, and of course Mother's Younger Brother in Ragtime. Still on my "to-do" list: Percy in The Scarlet Pimpernel and Edward in Jane Eyre.

nelliecollins
#19re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 1:15pm

Shelley in Bat Boy or the title role in The Mystery of Edwin Drood.

BroadwayNick Profile Photo
BroadwayNick
#20re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 1:44pm

Harold Hill in the Music Man

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. --Dave Berry

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#21re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 1:47pm

Cassie Cooper in Rumors (that seems to be a good play for many of us!) because during each performance, the audience roared at everything I did and I got my first exit applause.

Also Fastrada in Pippin because that was my first college show and the first time I got to play the sexpot.

In high school, I'd say Ruth in Wonderful Town and Joanne in Godspell.

broadwayalto01 Profile Photo
broadwayalto01
#22re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 1:54pm

Helena in A Midsummer Night's Dream

Life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open... and then you run into the glass.... ~Connie and Carla

#23re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:38pm

Tobias-Sweeney Todd

idinarocksmysocks!510 Profile Photo
idinarocksmysocks!510
#24re: Who role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 3:48pm

Probably Doly Levi in "Hello Dolly" or Violet "Bluberry girl" Beauragaurde (or however you spell it) in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

you say i'm weird! look at everyone you're sitting with! and hey, those guys over there just threw napkins up in the air like they were on something! it's contajous! you can't help it!

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#25re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 3:57pm

The theatre that I perform at did "Smoke on the Mountain" a few years back and I was cast as Rev. Oglethorpe. The show became a runaway hit in the community so we did the show again the following the season AND did the Christmas version as well. So...I played that role forever it seemed. It was a lot of fun though.

I guess as far as traditional roles go I had a lot of fun playing Prez in two separate productions of "The Pajama Game" and as Hero in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum".

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

Videos