BobbyBubby
#1re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 11:02am

It's called "spell check" Playbill.com

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#2re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 11:07am

Oh God, the poor woman must have been in agony.

"Are all the demons in hell sent to torment me?!"

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 11:09am

A friend of mine was at that concert and mentioned that Angela had fallen during the bows.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

show2n2 Profile Photo
show2n2
#4re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 11:17am

Wow. I was there and like many of the audience, was in total shock. So sorry for her. Hope she has a speedy recovery. :)

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#5re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 11:29am

Aww... I love her... she's a part of my childhood...

But, we watched a knee replacement surgery in our anatomy class and the recovery is relatively quick... however, some of the stuff they do in the surgery is... pretty weird... lol

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#6re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 11:38am

Poor Thing. It was truly the most memorable part of the concert. Bernadette and Audra ran to help her up.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#7re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 11:46am

Julie Andrews would have sued the Hollywood Bowl's asses.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#8re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 11:47am

awww I hope she has a quick recovery. How exactly did she fall?

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#9re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:01pm

She was wearing clunky "Mrs. Lovett" boots and also had on a long skirt. She tripped on the hem.

SorryGrateful
#10re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:11pm

Oh, that poor woman! That sounds really awful! She is such an amazing woman and I hope she recovers quickly. I'm listening to Sweeney Todd right now and she amazes me during each listening.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

Huey's Pop Profile Photo
Huey's Pop
#11re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 1:07pm

I too was in the audience and was shocked by her accident. Wishing her a very speedy recovery.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#12re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 1:43pm

GET WELL SOON, ANGELA!

Does anyone know if the concert will be made available to DVD?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#13re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 1:46pm

I heard that Patti Lupone pushed her, just in case Angela wanted to star in the revival of Sweeney.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#14re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 1:47pm

This is sad re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl she is so old re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl I hope she gets well!!! and soon!!

Reading this it felt lke it was my grandmother that fell re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl

PJ
#15re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 2:09pm

That poor woman! But I guess she still has her four Tony's. I don't know about her, but I would find solace in that alone. :) Get well soon, Angela.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#16re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 2:11pm

My mother, though much younger than Ms. Lansbury, recently had both her knees replaced months apart with excellent and speedy recoveries. Here's wishing a similar experience to Angela Lansbury!

#17re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 2:30pm

Poor thing. I was at the concert too an saw it happen. I didn't know it was going to be this bad. I hope she gets better soon.

~Rosalynn

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#18re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/12/05 at 2:38pm

Poor Dear, Poor Thing

Ouch. I hope she's okay.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#19re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/13/05 at 3:18am

I, too, was absolutely horrified to see her fall. What's been mentioned numerous times is that recovery from the surgery is relatively quick and easy. However, one thing I want to mention - especially for those of you who were unable to attend - was how vital and healthy Ms. Lansbury looked throughout the evening. She strode on stage triumphantly like she was half her age. That stage covers a WIDE expanse. She sang beautifully, she spoke articulately, from memory and with pure heart and she looked positively radiant during her first entrance. This great actress, who will turn 80 this year, is full of life and by all appearances is in very good health. Plus, she's still busy working. She completed the filming of the new Kirk Jones film (written by Emma Thompson), she's currently recording voice work for a new video game and filming a new movie with Mia Farrow called the Last Unicorn. In other words, don't worry, she'll be fine.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#20re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/13/05 at 3:34am

i feel so bad for her...i think she has been old since i was born.....that woman should not leave her home....i feel terrible about her...was she talented when she was young?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#21re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/13/05 at 4:54am

muscle23ftl: "was she talented when she was young?"

Well, she was no Eden Espinosa.

grizzabella
#22re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/13/05 at 10:50am

All wishes to Ms. Lansbury for a speedy recovery. What a shame. While knee replacement surgery has a fairly quick recovery rate, it's also intense and painful. Hope she's up and well soon.

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

Chrysanthemum62001
#23re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/13/05 at 12:56pm

re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl I hope Ms. Lansbury has a speedy recovery.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

decotodd
#24re: Angela Lansbury to have knee-replacement surgery after fall at Bowl
Posted: 7/13/05 at 9:02pm

"Horse Tears" those were my sentiments exactly - she was so vibrant and regal upon her entrance and then simply delightful and full of life as Mrs. Lovett.

According to her daughter, she had scheduled the surgery pre-fall so the timing was actually fortuituous and not caused by the trip at the Bowl.

And to "muscle23" shame on you for your ignorance of theater in general and Lansbury specifically. She started off in MGM films in the 40s (GASLIGHT, HARVEY GIRLS), tore up the screen in the 62 version of MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (that's a nasty mother!) before conquering Broadway in MAME.

Videos