pixeltracker

has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???

has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???

nicole neumann2 Profile Photo
nicole neumann2
#0has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 9:17pm

i am just wondering if anyone write to any broadway actors and did they write u back???? and who did u write too???...thanks....nicole

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 9:20pm

Yes, I have! I even used spellcheck.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 9:21pm

No. No one writes back.

Ever.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#3re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 9:24pm

Where's that thread on Broadway stalkings?

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#4re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 9:33pm

Emcee's right. They just stare at the mail and then tear it up, laughing with glee.

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#5re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 9:36pm

Idina lines her birdcage with them.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#6re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 9:36pm

And while we're at it, they don't sign things, either. They just stay holed up in their dressing rooms ALL the time.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#7re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 9:39pm

I'm hoping that English is not her native language...

IdreamofRENT
#8re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 9:40pm

I wrote to Stephanie D'Abruzzo and she sent back a signed playbill and headshot and letter.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#9re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 9:46pm

add verb-tense check to that, please

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#10re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 10:02pm

All the time. I collect autographs and many of them have sent back signed playbills, headshots, etc. Some even sent cast signed playbills. I've gotten a hand full of letters as well. To name a few, Derrick Baskin, Carole Shelley, Megan Hilty, and Andrew Asnes have all written me letters. re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???. www.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ilovescots about half my collection's there. re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???.

Also, email is very good as well. I've been emailing TONS with the wonderful Greg Jbara which led to me going backstage, and will again soon! Also have gotten messages and such from Jason Robert Brown, Matt Morrison, Ryan Link, Loretta Divine, Rosario Dawson, and that's about it, lol.

BSoBW2
#11re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 10:08pm

As I try to wrap my head around that one..

Has anyone written to bway actors and had them write back (respond)?

No...

But to whomever said Idina lines her birdcage with them - please grow up. Must we always resort to vicious immature attacks on a performer. Attacks that have absolutely no merit and are frankly QUITE annoying considering she uses the letters to protect the chocolate bars she sends to Taye when he's away....

Some people....

re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#12re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/11/05 at 11:07pm

I sent an email to the handsome Brent Barrett when I was making his "Who's Who" entry for broadwayworld.com to ask him some questions. He wrote back with answers and we traded several emails. Very, very nice.

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

ihearttheatre
#13re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 12:19am

what did you write in the letters? did you just compliment the show, etc.? did you specifically ask for autographed stuff?

lamentingenvelope Profile Photo
lamentingenvelope
#14re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 6:36am

I've sent letters but never asking for autographed things or even asking for a reply. (I haven't gotten any replies yet but I've only started sending out letters recently...) Basically I write letters to performers thanking them for providing me a wonderful night of theatre. I don't ask questions or ask for things or stuff like that because I don't want to make them feel obligated to respond. I know these people are busy and quite frankly a response would be way above and beyond the call of duty.

But I know a lot of people request autographed headshots and/or Playbills. And that's okay, I'm just not one of them.

If you really want them to reply, it's best to send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your letter - a big envelope if you want a headshot or Playbill.

kas Profile Photo
kas
#15re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 6:50am

that's a good idea - the self-addressed stamped envelope. i bet they would definitely take you up on that request.

JBSinger
#16re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 8:19am

Back in the 80's I used to write Bway people c/o the theatre they were playing at. My results were pretty good.
Patti LuPone, sent me an autographed Anything Goes playbill. 12 years later we e-mailed a bit.
Alison Fraser sent me a lovely handwritten note and a production shot from Romance/Romance.
Michael Crawford sent a nice little hand signed note.
Patti Cohenhour (who was Christine at the time) and I actually corresponded for a little while and she was very gracious to this then high school kid.
I dropped a note to Douglas Sills about who his voice teacher in NYC was and he called my service and let me know.
Sondheim, Kander, Bill Russell, Rupert Holmes have all sent me music and have been nice and supportive.

Go ahead and write. I think you'd be surprised at the response.

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#17re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 8:44am

I've received letters back from Julie Andrews, Tyne Daly, Stephen Sondheim (not an actor, but a big contributer!), Liz Torres, and Tommy Tune.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#18re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 9:32am

Yes! And Miss Menzel wrote back to stay the hell away from her.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#19re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 11:14am

after I saw titanic, my friend wrote to Vikki Clark about what a great performer she was and asking questions about choosing acting as a career and heard back. they actually corresponded through letters for about a year. We even went to meet her one day after her show. She was so gracious

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#20re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 11:33am

nicole neumann2---
Maybe they couldn't tell what you were asking for.

Your thread header was "pretty mess up."

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#21re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 3:24pm

I've e-mailed Andy Karl, James Royce Edwards, Matthew Morrison, Steph J. Block, Daniel Torres, Dennis Moench and Orfeh and they were all very gracious in e-mailing me back.

WindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
#22re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 3:30pm

Harvey Fierstein responded back to a short note of congratulations that I sent after the opening of "Hairspray.

jynni
#23re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 3:35pm

Lisa Vroman and Kimilee Bryant both sent me signed pictures. I don't even think I asked for a pic - I just wrote to say how much I enjoyed their performances as "Christine" and to ask what type of training they had.

Penny4Eyes Profile Photo
Penny4Eyes
#24re: has anyone write to any broadway actors and write them back???
Posted: 10/12/05 at 4:18pm

sutton foster, harvey feirstein, karen olivo, the chitty kids (one big letter), christiana anbri, jill schackner, stephen scarpulla, harrison chad, gemini quintos, andrea martin, i think theres more too.
i think a lot of these people are kinda touched that a 13 yr old is in love with them so they feel like they have to write back...hehe some of them are kids themselves anywho

Videos