Currently Listening To?

wickedfreak Profile Photo
wickedfreak
#0Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 10:14am

I kow there was a thread about this recently but oh well.

So what are you listening to right now?

for me it is Forbidden Broadway: SVU
Updated On: 1/12/06 at 10:14 AM

WickedRentEder Profile Photo
WickedRentEder
#1re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 10:20am

I'm currently listening to the "Rent" CD -- alternating between the the movie soundtrack & the Bway one.

Also a little "Wicked" and Linda Eder's "Broadway My Way"

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#2re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 10:24am

styx- greatest hits.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

#3re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 11:52am

I am listening to the little voices in my head...just joking...I'm listening to Goodbye from the Look Around CD..I love it...

jlc6314 Profile Photo
jlc6314
#4re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 12:15pm

I've been compulsively listening to the Rent soundtrack, and some of Look Around that I have (I just ordered the CD from Amazon), and some Simon and Garfunkel.

No day but today.

BtMartin25
#5re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 1:04pm

"Little Shop of Horrors" - New Broadway Cast Recording!...

rocks.

bt

StageWhore Profile Photo
StageWhore
#6re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 1:14pm

Les Mis. I've recently rediscovered it (I first hearad it about 5 years ago), and I simply can't get enough of the music right now.

"`I grow old... I grow old... I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.` What does that mean, Mr. Marlowe?" "Not a bloody thing. It just sounds good." He smiled. "That is from the `Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.` Here's another one. `In the room women come and go/Talking of Michael Angelo.' Does that suggest anything to you, sir?" "Yeah -- it suggests to me that the guy didn't know very much about women." "My sentiments exactly, sir. Nonetheless I admire T. S. Eliot very much." "Did you say, 'nonetheless'?" - The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler

ThrourouglyModernMLE Profile Photo
ThrourouglyModernMLE
#7re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 1:19pm

Right now, I'm listening to Aida... I'm not sure if it will be one of my favorites... I've never seen it before, but just by reading the synopsis, I can tell I'll like it. (I'm such a sucker for tragic romances!)

zzprincesskatt Profile Photo
zzprincesskatt
#8re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 1:39pm

I've been listening to the Rent soundtrack and recording so much lately that I decided to lay off of it for a while and pulled out the Chicago CD.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#9re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 1:44pm

Assassins, The Sweet Charity revival, Pat Metheny's "First Circle", Caroline or Change and the New Mary J. Blige CD - "Breakthrough".... Accompanying them all on the electric cello...which I have never studied. :)

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 1/12/06 at 01:44 PM

Janean
#10re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 1:59pm

Scary but true: Mamma Mia. Came to town last week and I'm strangely obsessed. Especially with Money Money Money and Slipping Through My Fingers. And individual songs I'm learning for a show, such as Making Love Alone ;-D

BroadwayMatinee.com - The radio show for show tune lovers, Wednesdays at 11a PT via KPBX.org

lovinlife Profile Photo
lovinlife
#11re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 2:03pm

SVU is such a gem!!!!! I am actually unable to put down West Side Story OBC right now. I had out this one away for years, found it, popped it in, and can't stop!!!

"All I want is the truth, just give me some truth!"- J. Lennon

#12re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 2:05pm

Shuffling through Jason Robert Brown's WEARING SOMEONE ELSE'S CLOTHES, CHESS (London), Floyd Collins and (evil grin) SILENCE, THE MUSICAL!

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#13re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/12/06 at 4:39pm

Because of You ~ Kelley Clarkson

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

kyguy78 Profile Photo
kyguy78
#14re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 10:24am

Usually I just turn my Sirius on to Broadway's Best, but recently I've been alternating between the cast recordings of Spelling Bee, Avenue Q, Spamalot, and, don't chastise me too much, Wicked. I also went and saw The Producers last weekend and have added it's cast recording back into the rotation as well.

stylinbohemian
#15re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:24pm

role of a lifetime - bare

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

elphatine
#16re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:27pm

Just finished 25APCSB, and now on to 42nd Street (the revival).

BroadwayRandy0711 Profile Photo
BroadwayRandy0711
#17re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 6:21pm

I also am listening to Les Miz.

wicked1
#18re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 6:28pm

I rotate between Wicked, Avenue Q, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown revival cast, & tick tick...BOOM all of which are in my car cd player right now. It's the only time I find to listen to much music anymore.

kover22 Profile Photo
kover22
#19re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 6:34pm

I am switching between Michael Ball, Tony Vincent and the RENT soundtrack.

I have RSD...but it doesn't have me!!!!

beckie_nyc
#20re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 6:37pm

The Song That Goes like This

I can't believe there's more... It's far too long I'm sure... That's the trouble with this song, it goes on and on and on... For this is our song that is too long... Jesus Christ! Gooddamit!... We'll be singing this till dawn...

Oy.

That's the trouble with this song. It goes on and on and on.

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#21re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 6:43pm

Jersey Boys. The actors sound so authentic, I'm hooked.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#22re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 6:49pm

Opening from A Chorus Line. Got the CD for Christmas and have been hooked.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

pengwendolyn
#23re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 7:29pm

the movie soundtrack for RENT. Though I'm thinking about putting in Pink Floyd's The Wall in a few minutes.

Backbeat the word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out

bunnywings Profile Photo
bunnywings
#24re: Currently Listening To?
Posted: 1/15/06 at 12:53am

Right now, at this very moment, I'm listening to a Joseph Megamix off LaunchCast.

Humankind. Be Both.