Nicest Broadway Stars?

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#225re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/22/06 at 12:39am

Thank you to whoever just FINALLY mentioned GARY BEACH. He's the nicest guy ever and guess what he just told me the other day. He's playing Tenardier in the Les Miz revival! How awsome is that!

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

falloutgirl0985
#226re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/22/06 at 12:59am

Harvey Fierstein and Matt Caplan

BSoBW2
#227re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/22/06 at 1:01am

Is he?

That would be good....but a waste of his talent.

And I thought they didn't cast it yet? Updated On: 3/22/06 at 01:01 AM

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#228re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/22/06 at 5:13pm

For the life of me I can't remember if I responded to this, so here I go again.

Billy Crudup -- absolute doll, so adorable
Anthony Rapp -- very nice and really makes a point of talking to everyone if he can
Adam Pascal -- such a sweetheart, great eye contact. I met him in non-stage door context so I really got to have a good conversation with him
Kristin Chenoweth -- so bubbly and sweet. She gave me a big hug too.
Marc Kudisch -- really nice
Mary Testa -- such a warm and endearing personality
Norbert Leo Butz --- so funny and nice

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

fachedaluna Profile Photo
fachedaluna
#229re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/23/06 at 6:57pm

Stephanie Block----STEPHANIE J Block----STEPHANIE J. BLOCK..BLOCK..BLOCK (echo) I just absolutely LOVE this woman!!!!!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#230re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/23/06 at 7:13pm

Fachedaluna- you are making me smile on the inside. LOVE your enthusiasm. Welcome to the boards.
Updated On: 3/23/06 at 07:13 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#231re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 3:52pm

The last post in this thread is from March 2006.  Continuing on...who are the nicest Broadway stars you have encountered.  Also, which stars are the nicest to work with?  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Ranger Tom
#232re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 4:02pm

Pascal and Rapp must be different when they are in NYC.  Saw their most Rent tour in CA and they seemed disgusted by their well-wishers.

Yes, Gary Beach is very, very considerate.  So was Rene Auberjonois.  Susan Egan and Mara Davi also make the list.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#233re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 4:13pm

I went through all the pages of this thread.  It was like going thru a time warp.  Anyway, the nicest Broadway stars / and other theatre artists I have encountered (in no particular order):  Angela Lansbury, Marian Seldes, Chita Rivera, Patti LuPone, Max Von Essen, Kyle Dean Massey, Natalie Cortez, Deidre Goodman, Cheyenne Jackson, Kerry Butler, Tony Yazbek, Robert Cuccioli, Nick Adams, Tony Sheldon, Patina Miller, Charlotte D'Amboise, Terra C, Dylis Croman, Bianca Marroquin, Ryan Lowe, Jason Patrick Sands, Matthew James Thomas and Jonny Orsini.  To my recollection, I don't think I've ever run across any meanies.  I've taken pictures with all of them, with the exception of Jonny (I forgot to ask.)

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

mommabears2
#234re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 4:30pm

MICHAEL CERVERIS!  At the last minute he filled in as host for the National High School Music Theatre Awards. He was so kind and encouraging to all of the kids there. We saw him after Fun Home too - just a genuinely kind heart, I was so impressed by him. 

Laurie Veldheer, Clay Thomson, Ann Nathan, Chris Rice, AJ Holmes, all of the Broadway Matilda kids (too many to mention!), Beth Malone, Sydney Lucas, Emily Skeggs, Roberta Colindrez, Zell Morrow, Joel Perez, Oscar Williams, Madelyn Morrow, Gabby Pizzolo, Lauren Patten, Marrick Smith - all were very, very kind.  

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#235re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 4:33pm

Michael Cerveris.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#236re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 5:02pm

Victoria Clarke & Uzo Abuda blew me away with their kindness when we saw Cinderella and Godspell and how they chatted with me and my family for a few minutes. Also, James Monroe Iglehart, Peter Gallagher, & Gabriel Ebert were gracious as well!

EDIT: How could I forget Sierra Boggess? I met her at a student thing, 2 years ago. And she couldn't be any sweeter. 

Updated On: 7/5/15 at 05:02 PM

brdway411
#237re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 5:17pm

There are several I could mention, but Andrea Martin is hands down the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting on many occasions (and not at the stage door.) 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#238re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 5:21pm

Donna Murphy and Kelli O'Hara

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#239re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 5:48pm

As of my recent New York trip, I have plenty of additions: Kelli O'Hara, Ken Wantanabe, Beth Malone, Emily Skeggs, Heidi Blickenstaff, Kate Reinders, Brian D'Arcy James, Elena Shaddow, Max Von Essen, Leanne Cope, Veanne Cox, Robert Fairchild, and Jill Paice. Everyone was so gracious!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

high_onbway
#240re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 6:23pm

Laura Michelle Kelly!!

She's amazingly sweet! She takes the time to make conversation with all her fans!

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#241re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 6:39pm

Annaleigh Ashford and Jessie Mueller.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

mamaleh
#242re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 8:18pm

Michael Cerveris--what a lovely, friendly man. The rest of the FUN HOME cast are also super friendly.

Stephanie J. Block

Hugh Jackman--will sign and chat even in the worst weather; he truly appreciates his fans. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#243re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 8:50pm

Most of the Broadway actors I've met (at stage-door or otherwise), have been nice. I don't know if I could pick one has been the nicest, but Brian Stokes Mitchell came to my mind first. I met him at an event a few years ago, and he was one of the sweetest, most charming people I've ever encountered. Every time he introduced himself to anyone in the room he would say "call me Stokes."  

smidge
#244re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 8:54pm

Jonathan Groff. Went above and beyond with fans at A New Brain during a downpour. Also Jessica Chastain and Annaleigh Ashford

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#245re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 9:34pm

I could write a book considering the many years I have worked in the trenches of restaurants in California and New York. Celebrities of film and stage all tend to be pretty well mannered in the restaurant environment but I think I would have to give the prize to Victoria Clark who literally introduced herself and her guest to me. I know Dr. Ruth is not a Broadway actress but if she were she would be right up there with Victoria.

Restaurants aside, Ken Wanabee is very sweet. Probably no surprise since he was crying for Kelly when she won the Tony. He treats everyone respectfully and has a positive attitude and I have no doubt he led by example in The King and I company.

Cherry Jones has a luminous warmth that came across from a brief exchange during an intermission of a play. It is what makes her such a wonderful actress.

On a side note Russell Crowe is a huge tipper as is Montel Williams.

Cynthia Nixon is very much herself and I have always given her credit for coming in with her girlfriend the day the NY Post outed her on the cover. I thought most people might have stayed home and watched movies that day but not her....she obviously is a very strong woman.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#246re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 9:50pm

Oh yea, Ruthie Anne Miles was darling when i met her after K&I. Ken was really cool, but everyone was swarming him, so I could hardly say hi to him. I got a photo though :)

forgetmenotnyc Profile Photo
forgetmenotnyc
#247re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 9:52pm

This is the most superficial thread! 'Nice' is all relative. You fawn over a performer & what are they gonna do but be pleasant & friendly back - but they're actors?! Only those close to them really know their true character. This posting might as well just be titled "Bwy performers you have met."

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#248re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 9:54pm

I agree with some of the others who've said Michael Cerveris and Jonathan Groff.  Only met Michael Cerveris once, but he had a real warmth to him.  Jonathan Groff seems to really engage people in conversation and treat them like fellow human beings.  Sierra Boggess is very sweet too.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#249re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 10:08pm

smoothlover, which restaurants have u worked at

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY