Roles that you have played

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#0Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 11:37am

Let's talk about roles that we have played (I have also included my answers).

What is your favorite leading role that you have played? Aslan in "Narnia"

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played? Prince Charming in "Cinderella"

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played? Burt Healy in "Annie"

What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played? Maurice in "Beauty and the Beast"

Have you played a role more than once? Yes, the Scarecrow in "The Wizard of Oz"

Who role are you playing now(if any)? Scarecrow in "The Wizard of Oz"

What one role would you play at the drop of a dime? Anyone in "Smikey Joe's Cafe"

Shoot.

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier
Updated On: 3/27/06 at 11:37 AM

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#1re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 11:44am

Favorite: Peggy Sawyer

Least Favorite: Usher in THe Fall of the House of Usher

Supporting: -

Role playing now: Margery Kemp and Mrs. Montague in A Voice of My Own

Drop of a DIme: Mrs. Lovett

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#2re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 12:03pm

What is your favorite leading role that you have played?: Ruth in Wonderful Town

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played?: Ella in Bells Are Ringing

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played?: Donna/Oolie in City of Angels or Cassie in Rumors

What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played?: Marta in Company

Have you played a role more than once?: No

Who role are you playing now(if any)?: Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

What one role would you play at the drop of a dime?: The Witch in Into the Woods

Shoot.

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#3re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 12:42pm

What is your favorite leading role that you have played? Lady DeWinter in The Three Musketeers

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played? Marianne in Sense and Sensibility

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played? Tzeitel in Fiddler on the Roof

What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played? Potiphar's Wife in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (if you can count it as supporting...I just really hate the show.)

Have you played a role more than once? No

Who role are you playing now(if any)? Stupefyin' Jones/Dance Captain/Costumes/Wife in Li'l Abner (that's what you get for having no time on your hands!) and Marty in Grease.

What one role would you play at the drop of a dime? Eponine in Les Miserables

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#4re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 1:05pm

What is your favorite leading role that you have played?: Georg in She Loves Me

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played?: Ko-Ko in The Mikado

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played?: Sir Joseph in HMS Pinafore

What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played?: Lloyd in some piece of sh*t called Rehearsal For Murder

Have you played a role more than once?: Yes

Who role are you playing now(if any)?: Leon Czolgosz in Assassins

What one role would you play at the drop of a dime?: See icon

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#5re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 1:12pm

What is your favorite leading role that you have played?: Billy Flynn
What is your least favorite leading role that you have played?: Mr. Applegate- Damn Yankees- great part, but that show drags when applegate and lola aren't around

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played?: George in Sorry Wrong Number

played more than once: I did rocky horror twice, but in 2 different roles Riff Raff (I sucked at it) and Brad
What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played?: Ensemble/ Voice Double for Daddy Warbucks in annie
Have you played a role more than once?: Yes

Who role are you playing now(if any)?: 2 in development- Billy Flynn or Jack/Jesus in reefer madness(working on the rights)
What one role would you play at the drop of a dime?: J.Pierrepont Finch, Lawrence Jameson, Freddy Benson

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel
Updated On: 3/26/06 at 01:12 PM

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#6re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 1:51pm

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played? Beth - A Modern Christmas Carol [6th grade school show... she was such a Mary-Sue.]

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played? Jack's Mother - Into the Woods

What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played? Peddler Woman - Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs [that makeup..]

Have you played a role more than once? No

What one role would you play at the drop of a dime? Mrs. Lovett

ashley0139
#7re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 2:02pm

What is your favorite leading role that you have played? Liesl (ok, maybe not leading, but it was a ton of fun)

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played? Beauty in BATB (not the disney version, AWFUL show!)

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played? Ursula Merkle in Bye Bye Birdie

What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played? Nurse Grey in the Secret Garden

Have you played a role more than once? No, but I've done Bye Bye Birdie more than once

Who role are you playing now(if any)? Agnes Gooch in Mame and Sidekick in a kid's show called "The Magical Pinata"

What one role would you play at the drop of a dime? Eponine, Narrator in Joseph, Cathy in L5Y, Mimi in RENT, Kesa/Wife/Actress in SWIWS, Penny in Hairspray, Jo in Little Women the Musical- There are so many!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

#8re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 2:10pm

What is your favorite leading role that you have played? Celia in "as you like it" well it's not really the lead, but it was fun lol

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played? Erica in runaways...hahha don't ask

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played? Hodel in Fiddler, or Urleen in Footloose

What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played? Um all I have to say is "The lion the witch and the Wardrobe..." never again lol worst musical Ive ever been in.

Have you played a role more than once? Nope

Who role are you playing now(if any)? Gertrude in "Seussical" aka..the musical that is taking over every highschool around the country lol

What one role would you play at the drop of a dime? mimi in RENT, I don't know why I just love it lol, or Cathy in L5Y that would be amazing.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#9re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 2:17pm

What is your favorite leading role that you have played?
Seymour in Little Shop

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played?
Motel in Fiddler on the Roof

What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played?
Tommy Keeler in Annie Get Your Gun (although I still loved it)

Have you played a role more than once?
No

What one role would you play at the drop of a dime?
Mark in Rent

Akiva

jaesdare Profile Photo
jaesdare
#10re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 2:58pm

favorite lead- Carmen in FAME
least fave lead- Fenrisulf in Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe
favorite supporting- Crystal in Little Shop of Horrors
least fave supporting- Willemina in The Hobbit
what role now- Liz in Chicago
drop of a dime- Velma in Chicago, any of the gods or Ti Moune in Once on This Island, Luttiebelle in Purlie,any of the women in The Gospel at Colonus, Anita in WSS, and Dorothy in The Wiz...

DirtyWickedDresser Profile Photo
DirtyWickedDresser
#11re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 3:13pm

Audrey in Little Shop

Corporal in The Boys from Syracuse

Ensemble in Godspell

No

Who role are you playing now(if any)?
haven't been on stage in 3 yearsre: Roles that you have played

either Tracy in Hairspray or Glinda in Wicked tough choice

the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of thier dreams ~eleanor roosevelt

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#12re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 3:26pm

Maria in The Sound of Music

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played?
Harriet Smith in Emma

Minnie Fay in Hello Dolly or Beth in Little Women

A Pink lady in Grease

Nope

Sadly, none re: Roles that you have played

Oh god there's so many.
Ummm...
Olive in Spelling Bee, Cosette/Eponine, Hope in Urinetown, Cunegonde in Candide, Amneris in Aida, Maureen in Rent, Christine in DRS, and Charity in Sweet Charity.

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#13re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 3:26pm

Darn I keep double posting on accident.

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥
Updated On: 3/26/06 at 03:26 PM

DramaDork925
#14re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 3:35pm

What is your favorite leading role that you have played? Shelley in Bat Boy: The Musical

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played? Janet in a play called Just For Kicks

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played? Aunt Polly in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Jo in School House Rock Live

No

I'm Dotty in You're A Good Man Charlie Brown

Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd, Audrey in Little Shop, Little Sally in Urinetown

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#15re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 3:43pm

Tom Wingfield in THE GLASS MENAGERIE

Danny Zuko in GREASE

Cliff Bradshaw in CABARET

Tulsa in GYPSY

No

N/A

TIE: Marvin in FALSETTOS and Macheath in THE THREEPENNY OPERA

TabooPhan1 Profile Photo
TabooPhan1
#16re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 3:48pm

What is your favorite leading role that you have played? Lenny in Rumors, or Billy in Anything Goes

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played? Phillip Glass in Phillip Glass Buys a Loaf of Bread... weird...

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played? Pish Tush in The Mikado

What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played? The Herald in Cinderella

Have you played a role more than once? nope

Who role are you playing now(if any)? Our production of Anything Goes (I played Billy) just closed last night re: Roles that you have played

What one role would you play at the drop of a dime? Max Bialystock in The Producers

I hold a degree in Musical Theatre from Montclair State University. It is useless. Now I'm funny for money. Oh, and I sing.

Zimmy Profile Photo
Zimmy
#17re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 3:58pm

Jamie - "The Last 5 Years"

Orpheus - "Orpheus in the Underworld"

Lt. Cable - "South Pacific"

Bobby - "Company"

#18re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 3:59pm

What is your favorite leading role that you have played? Smokey in Damn Yankees or Mordcha in Fiddler On The Roof w/ the Teen Players

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played? Mr. Bundles in Annie, so pointless and weird.

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played? The Purser in Anything Goes.

What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played? Angie The Ox in Guys & Dolls.

Have you played a role more than once? Yes, Mordcha The Innkeeper in Fiddler On The Roof twice.

Who role are you playing now(if any)? I was The Purser in ANYTHING GOES but our show closed last weekend. re: Roles that you have played

What one role would you play at the drop of a dime? Boq in Wicked or Corny Collins/IQ in Hairspray.

Updated On: 3/26/06 at 03:59 PM

Phantour
#19re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 4:03pm

What is your favorite leading role that you have played? Paul Bratter in Barefoot in the Park.

What is your least favorite leading role that you have played? I guess the Prince in Cinderella. I loved singing the songs, but his character is shallow and he bothered me and how my directors made me play him.

What is your favorite supporting role that you have played? Thurio in The Two Gentlemen of Verona.

What is your least favorite supporting role that you have played? Rusty Charlie in Guys and Dolls, if it's even considered a supporting role.

Have you played a role more than once? No, but I have done future scenes from the show in class.

Who role are you playing now(if any)? I just finished up playing the Bailiff, Assitant Manager, and a chorus member in The Trial.

What one role would you play at the drop of a dime? If I could sing better, The Phantom in The Phantom of the Opera.

#20re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 4:04pm

Phantour, Rusty is considered a supporting, but Angie The Ox isnt.

Thesbijean
#21re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 4:09pm

Jean Valjean in LES MISERABLES

Emile in SOUTH PACIFIC

Buddy Fidler in CITY OF ANGELS
Nicely-Nicely Johnson in GUYS AND DOLLS

Mr. Bumble in OLIVER!

No

Who role are you playing now (if any)?
Cheswick in ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST (opposite ShbrtAlley44's Nurse Ratched)

Tevye in FIDDLER ON THE ROOF

jackson992
#22re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 4:37pm

Narrator in Our Town

Mike in Wait Until Dark

Rooster in Annie
Mordred in Camelot

Man With Glasses in The Jury Room

No

Who role are you playing now (if any)?
Lon in Meet Me In St. Louis

Audrey 2,Mark in Rent,Beast in BATB

michelle4
#23re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 5:50pm

Leading Role- I don't know if it is technically a lead because it is such an ensemble piece, but Cinderella in "Into The Woods". Maggie in "Joined at the Head" for play.

Least Favorite- Don' really have one.

Supporting- Ellen in "Miss Saigon". Jennie Mae in "The Diviners" for play.

Least fav supporting- Getie in "Oklahoma". 1st dead woman in "Our Town" for play.

Role more then once- Yes, I have done Chava in "Fiddler" twice.

Role currently- none

What role at the drop of a dime- Eva in "Evita", Cathy in "Last 5 Years", Aldonza in "Man of La Mancha"

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#24re: Roles that you have played
Posted: 3/26/06 at 6:00pm

Pastor Ogelthorpe in Smoke on the Mountain...because of being short and not having matinee idol looks I usually am cast in a comic supporting role..so this is really my only "lead" role.

None..I have only played the lead in two shows and liked them both!

Hero in Forum and Prez in The Pajama Game (tie)

Georgie/random Farm Boy/stage hand at the Burlesque house/annoucncer at Minsky's in Gypsy...if you are not Herbie or Tulsa there ain't much else for a guy!

--Prez in Pajama Game twice
--Joseph twice..but was a different brother each time
--I played Pastor Oglethorpe 3 times. In 2 productions of Smoke on the Mountain and once in the sequel The Sanders Family Christmas

None...I am planning a concert series for my local theatre and will participate in a benefit concert. I am also working on a demo CD.

Leo Frank (Parade), Anatoly (Chess), Archie (The Secret Garden), Bobby (Urinetown)

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

Videos