pixeltracker

Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED

Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#1re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 6:51am

I am SO excited to be able to see Idina! Even though I hoped to see a British witch, Idina isnt tat bad afterall! YEAH!
Let's hope they cud leave the blonde girl British!
And Ben Vereen come over!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#2re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:01am

Very exciting to learn this!

I saw her twice in the broadway show.

I am not a huge Idina fan, but she has got a great voice and I think that it is wonderful that she is recreating her role in London!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#3re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:08am

This is great.

But did she not recline Evita in Londond because she "wasn't ready for the move to London"?

I just thought that was weird.

But congradulotions to her!

bwayondabrain
#4re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:09am

awesome!
wish i could see her in it, too bad i dont live in london!

BrianWilsonFan
#5re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:11am

I just opened an email to learn this. Couldn't quite believe the goodness of the news so i popped in here looking for confirmation. Happy daze...

Kevinoes Profile Photo
Kevinoes
#6re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:14am

Surprise for me. But she probably got a good wage offer, not to mention the chance to play in the West End. And yes, I think there was a difference between a six month EVITA engagement and three months of WICKED.

Renthead#1 Profile Photo
Renthead#1
#7re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:16am

Om my gosh awesome!! Too bad Im not British.

Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

Claire2141 Profile Photo
Claire2141
#8re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:20am

Scarily excited and scared everyone in my office half to death with the loud gasp I let out....

Already have 2 tickets to see it...in the same 2 weeks.

AuditioningWaitress
#9re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:21am

I wonder if it will get recorded now...Good news though for London...I thought Idina was amazing!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#10re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:23am

Good G*d, just when the Idina madness starts to die down, this has to happen.

I'm sorry that a British actress will not be debuting this role in London. After seeing the wonderfully sung and acted performances of both Stephanie Block and Julia Murney on tour, makes the decision to cast Idina even more underwhelming to me (and I do realize I'm in the minority of opinions when I say that). The girl just can't act.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 4/21/06 at 07:23 AM

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#11re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:24am

OMG I'm so mad I don't live in London or anywhere close... I'm happy for her that she gets the chance to share her amazing talents and Tony Award winning performance with everyone in London, because let's face it, she's IDINA MENZEL, there is NO other substitute, but I'm just mad that I can't get over there re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#12re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:29am

Scarily excited and scared everyone in my office half to death with the loud gasp I let out....

Baby, let Idina do all the gasping for you. Only joking (half joking, at least). I'm happy for Idina, she obviously does something right in this role, she's won over tons of people, including myself and obviously quite a few members of the Tony committee.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#13re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 7:57am

I can just imagine how mant teeny boppers are going to go to daddy and say: "Let's go to England this fall! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
Updated On: 4/21/06 at 07:57 AM

elphieisperky
#14re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 8:05am

Yay!!!! Great news. I just told my mom, and she's like, "We're going to London!" Then my dad walks in and says there's no way we're going. So I've got a lot of begging to do :) Congrats Idina!

ashley0139
#15re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 8:15am

Frankly I'm very surprised by this. And a teeny bit disappointed. I would have thought she would have continued to branch out instead of doing something she's already done. Obviously, she's great and amazing. And I'm glad that London gets to see her. But I thought she was on the right track when she did SWIWS. Just my opinion.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Quasi
#16re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 8:30am

Well I am sorry for all the great actresses from the UK and I am unsure if they will release a London Cast if Idina plays the role again. I would love to have another professionell recording with another cast.

I think I will fly to London (from Germany) to see her and I am sure she will be great.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#17re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 8:30am

Wow! I'm definitely surprised. I thought she wanted to get away from Wicked. Anyway, I'm glad everyone on the other side of the pond will get the chance to see her in the role, even though I'd prefer for her to stay over here and do a new Broadway project.

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#18re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 8:33am

Anyone know if by "the new year" that implies January? Because the show ends its week on Dec 31st....ah, I'm just a curious bunny, trying to convince a friend in London to go along :p

BrianWilsonFan
#19re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 8:35am

Before anyone makes travel plans i would check out ticket availability because good seats are pretty thin on the ground until the New Year and Idina will be gone by then anyway unless the price is right...

Updated On: 4/21/06 at 08:35 AM

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#20re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 8:40am

I was looking forward to seeing her in a new role, but I guess this is great news too though

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

HatBoy
#21re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 8:50am

This is the *good* kind of recycling.

...now under the user "aawolfe".

joshy Profile Photo
joshy
#22re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 8:56am

I'm excited to see her. I wonder if she'll be confused about the lack of entrance applause, though!

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#23re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 9:00am

"This just in folks, London tourism hits an all time high this fall, with an overwhelming majority of 15 year olds making the voyage across the pond. What could this be about?"

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#24re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 9:01am

"And Ben Vereen come over! "

Although it wasn't officially announced, Ben Vereen was apparently telling lots of people at the Wicked stage door that he was doing the show in London.

As for her not wanting to move to London and trying to get away from Wicked, I am quite sure the phrase "money talks" is very applicable here.