pixeltracker

Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED- Page 2

Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED

Wicked_fan
#25re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 9:13am

Remember that time when by the end of her run it seemed like she hated it.

Cause...I do.

I do agree with everyone else...I wish she would've done something else instead...

"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit"

-Feste from "Twelfth Night"

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#26re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 9:17am

Oh, my.... well, that's cool, though I'm kind of surprised.

*waits for all hell to break loose*

SweetQintheLights
#27re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 9:25am

"Good G*d, just when the Idina madness starts to die down, this has to happen."

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Next thing we know, teenyboppers will be posting from London.
I saw it on the front page and thought I was seeing things.

Wow. Just. Wow.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178
Updated On: 4/21/06 at 09:25 AM

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#28re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 9:26am

ugh...im over there and missing it by 2 months. *tear*

veryownplanetz Profile Photo
veryownplanetz
#29re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 9:55am

"This just in folks, London tourism hits an all time high this fall, with an overwhelming majority of 15 year olds making the voyage across the pond. What could this be about?"

in red track suits
hahahah
so who is this eyedina menzul person anyway?
back to you bob

iluvtheatertrash
#30re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 9:59am

Had a feeling this would happen.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#31re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:10am

I'm really surprised. Whoever posted that she must be getting paid boatloads of money is probably spot-on. ( Not that she doesn't deserve it and not that I think she is motivated solely by money.)

I wonder how the producers are going about this. What about Glinda? Do you think they went after Chenoweth?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#32re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:12am

I saw the headline and honestly thought it was a joke. I'm totally surprised.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#33re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:18am

Maybe Idina can't get other jobs......

I love how she just shot herself in the foot if she ever wanted to consider doing a webber show.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#34re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:19am

Mommy! Daddy! Can we go to ingland to see eyedina? Please, please, please?!?

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#35re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:23am

Again, look on the bright side. Well, I suppose it depends on the parents, but if my kids wanted to go to London to see Idina, I'd okay it, but would make them do lots of other things, and appreciate going to the country.

Then again if parents just let them see it the whole they're there...

Well, I have a couple of friends studying abroad in London who I was thinking about seeing anyway. If that does work out, maybe I'll drag them to the cancellation line re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#36re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:26am

I'm admittedly a huge fan of Idina's, but I don't think this was a good decision at all. Besides the money, I don't think it would do anything for her.

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#37re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:27am

I just vomited a little in my mouth and it's not from all the Ouzo I drank last night either! Happy for her, upset about the fact that a whole new can of green worms has been opened. Let the games begin! How many wickedidinashoshannastephanieanaeden threads will start now?

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#38re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:27am

well... hopefully the time away from the show will benefit her...

::bust a move::

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#39re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:30am

"Do you think they went after Chenoweth? "

She's made many, many public comments that she was unhappy with the way the Wicked producers treated her. I HIGHLY doubt they want her back in the show, and doubt even more highly that she would listen to any such offers.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#40re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:32am

Thanks for the info, Rob.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley
Updated On: 4/21/06 at 10:32 AM

WiiCKED x3
#41re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:34am

She's going to be amazing.

as usual re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED

SorryGrateful
#42re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:35am

I really loved seeing her do the role in New York, but I'm a little disappointed that she's not moving on to something else.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

tz0o
#43re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:38am

All the more power to Idina. I do think that she should have done Evita instead though. If she doesn't watch out, I fear that she might never move on to something else.

You insult me, I ignore you. That's how the system works around here.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#44re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:43am

Oh, my God.

Is this lyke da grl on da SOUNDRACK?!
I LUV her!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#45re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:45am

Menzel didn't turn down the role of EVITA - she only turned down a chance to audition for the role - big difference.

But yes, that production was casting right on the heels of her film appearances in RENT and ASK THE DUSK and she was probably hoping they would lead to more movie offers. Unfortunately both tanked, so a girl's gotta get work elsewhere - WICKED will be a (probably) quick and easy gig for her and a nice paycheck. Good for her.

This, btw, probably nixes a London cast recording... Updated On: 4/21/06 at 10:45 AM

AllNite429
#46re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:46am

I was shocked when I read this too. My bf and I a few months ago were thinking about going to London and getting Wicked tickets around Thanksgiving. I would love to see Idina in this role again as she is my favorite Elphaba. I'm surprised she is playing this role so soon after leaving the show on Bway, especially since i got the impression she wanted to distance herself from the show and that part as others have said, but more power to her.

shesamarshmallow
#47re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:46am

How awful. At least it means they probably won't do a London cast recording.
And when I saw Ben Vereen he was by far the worst part of the show, I don't care how great he is in everything else. He is so incredibly wrong for the part.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

HoshiForever Profile Photo
HoshiForever
#48re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:49am

...................::stares at screen for a moment::

....I think this just ruined my month. I was sooooooo hoping to get a new recording that didn't invovle Idina (sorry I don't like her at all).

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#49re: Idina Menzel to Star in London WICKED
Posted: 4/21/06 at 10:56am

I'm very surprised by this news. It did seem like she was trying to distance herself from Wicked, although I think I would rather have them cast two unknown British actresses in the leads. Like someone else already said, the name Wicked alone is going to sell tickets, so they really don't need star power.

I do agree that there probably won't be a London Cast Recording now.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible