pixeltracker

Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up, and sobbing like a bitch?- Page 2

Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up, and sobbing like a bitch?

maybethistime
#25re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 10:55pm

The Light in the Piazza just struck me and couldn't stop, however, it made a nice coversation with Victoria about how she really cries every show.

jaesdare Profile Photo
jaesdare
#26re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 10:57pm

i never saw another butterfly...uuhhh i tear up thinking about it
ragtime...i was bawling during your daddy's son
so many more i can't think of at the moment

Scottie310
#27re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 10:58pm

Light in the Piazza

I was scared out of my mind and couldnt move at the end of Pillowman

iluvtheatertrash
#28re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 10:58pm

+The Light in the Piazza
+Frozen
+The Pillowman

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#29re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:01pm

Gypsy made me cry both times I saw it. It was so powerful.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#30re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:02pm

ahh, trashy, you beat me to it. i was about to say, where is he?? this thread is right up your alley, hehe. re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#31re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:07pm

After the act 1 finale of Ragtime, I was a mess.

alwy15
#32re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:11pm

i was really shocked at the end of the crucible... i had trouble moving.
i called my mom sobbing after the light in the piazza.

thevolleyballer
#33re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:16pm

The Deaf production of Big River, during "Waiting For The Light To Shine (Reprise)" was AMAZING. For those who haven't seen it, the music builds and builds and builds and then goes suddenly silent -- they've repeated the chorus enough for you to know what they're signing, only they're signing it and you FEEL deaf. Amazing.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#34re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:29pm

I've gotten teary many times before, but the one time I started sobbing uncontrollably was when I saw "Miss Saigon" on Broadway (this must have been almost ten years ago). It was at the part when Kim kills Thuy to save her child. So moving...

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#35re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:34pm

OMG I'm so glad someone mentioned Ravinia's Sunday in the Park with George...lord almighty! I went to go see it with a friend and my Mom and all three of us were a MESS at the end of each act! I remember the lights came up for intermission and you could just hear everyone sniffling and wiping away tears...it was one of the most amazing nights ever.

The Pillowman was also another incredible night in the theater that left me speechless and I remember as I left I just had this look on my face and I saw an usher and she just smiled and said "I know..." what an incredible evening and wow Bily C's performance had me tearing up in several different parts. Incredible theater.

The Light in the Piazza made me cry just because it was soo beautiful and the music...just a beautiful beautful peice.

God you name it i've cried in it lol

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

HeyJayNYC Profile Photo
HeyJayNYC
#36re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:38pm

TRYST with Maxwell Caulfeld. I didn't want to applaud but we were in the front row so had to.
PILLOWMAN, stunned.
DOUBT, wow.
EVITA, sad
GREY GARDENS, Awesome!

Isabella2
#37re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:39pm

When i saw sweeney in previews i couldn't talk to anyone after the show because i was crying and shaking like a retard. Donna Lynne Champlin saw me and was like "are you alright?" She was such a sweetheart. I felt like i was gonna have a seizure.

When i saw Passion for the first time on Dvd, i was crying so much i couldn't breathe and my neck was pulsating like crazy.
Updated On: 5/19/06 at 11:39 PM

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#38re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:40pm

The Pillowman and The Normal Heart both left me completely speechless at the end, unable to breathe (for different reasons, of course).

Ragtime completely knocked the wind out of me the first time I saw it. It felt like I was punched in the gut and I was a complete mess, crying hysterically and embarrassing my mom. haha...

I was also a mess of tears the first time I saw The Light In The Piazza and The Last Five Years (I think they both hit a little too close to home for me emotionally).

I usually cried at Caroline Or Change, but the closing show had me sobbing in my seat at curtain call.

We've all got our junk and my junk is you!

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#39re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:43pm

Les Miserables
The Diary of Anne Frank
Cabaret
Parade
West Side Story, sometimes.

I have a really funny V-Day story about the Phantom of the Opera movie where all the girls around me were turned to mushy messes.

Updated On: 5/18/06 at 11:43 PM

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#40re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:45pm

Only one...Miss Saigon!

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#41re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:49pm

A CLASS ACT. When Randy Graff sang 'The Next Best Thing to Love', I fell apart. And I was in the front row. Very embarassing.

I always got choked up in the final scene of FLOWER DRUM SONG, when their characters announced the city/country they were from. Very powerful. At the final performance, the cities were different and I realized that the actors were naming the cities that they themseleves were born in (not their characters). I had tears running down my face.

At the final performance of LA CAGE, when Gary Beach finished 'I Am What I Am', he came off the stage, walked up to his partner, who was sitting on the aisle, and gave him a kiss before walking up the aisle. My partner and I both disolved into tears.

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'

ToatsRent Profile Photo
ToatsRent
#42re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:52pm

Caroline Or, Change
La Boheme
Cabaret
Ragtime
Grey Gardens
RENT

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#43re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/19/06 at 12:02am

'night, Mother. Talk about a moving piece.

Now imagine if it were only a good production. But still, it's an amazing play.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 5/19/06 at 12:02 AM

timote316
#44re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/19/06 at 12:07am

Not quite moved to tears, but brought to the verge of it:

Rent (two spots: when SOL Soloist #1 joins in with Collins in I'll Cover You; "I'd be happy to die for a piece of what Angel had")
The Color Purple (the finale)
Movin' Out (a few times, but closest was the act 1 finale)

jwsel
#45re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/19/06 at 12:08am

The end of the first act at Ragtime. (And a number of scenes in the second act.)

Othello at the Young Vic in London. Trever Nunn directed, with Ian McKellen playing Iago, Zoe Wanamaker as Emilia, and Imogen Stubbs as Desdemona. It was a studio setting with only a couple hundred seats and it just blew me away. I felt as if I'd held my breath the entire play and couldn't move afterward.

Angels in America.

Caroline, or Change. From the point where Caroline let loose her anger to the end of the play, I felt like I'd been gut punched.

Blood Brothers. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but the final reprise of Marilyn Monroe got to me.

I know I'm blanking on several others. There is just something incredible about seeing something powerful and just having to sit there at the end to recover.

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#46re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/19/06 at 12:10am

Both times I've seen RENT I've not been able to move after that final "No day but today." That line of music is just so powerful to me.

Miss Saigon had me crying, even though I predicted it (I hadn't seen or known anything about Madame Butterfly either)

Saw a production of "All My Sons" at Actors Theatre of Louisville that left me sitting still before curtain call.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#47re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/19/06 at 12:17am

The first time I saw Light in the Piazza. My emotions really took me by surprise. Those who know me, know I wasn't able to talk about the show without getting choked up.

I've seen the show 4 times, and I still have the same reaction.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#48re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/19/06 at 12:20am

Gem of the Ocean... I cried out a contact.

Les Mis

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#49re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/19/06 at 12:22am

- Light in the Piazza
- Pillowman
- The Pavilion
- Rent
- Les Mis