Alfre Woodard

bubba7753
#0Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/12/06 at 12:21pm

She did a wonderful job last night. Her segment was one of the more memorable. She also looked stunning. Way to go. She's a true professional

RentBoy86
#1re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/12/06 at 8:31pm

Not gonna lie - she looked good.

MusicalDirector109
#2re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/12/06 at 8:33pm

another classy performer. She needs to do a Broadway play.

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#3re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/12/06 at 8:39pm

Can someone post or PM me a picture?

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

tophertilson Profile Photo
tophertilson
#4re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/12/06 at 8:41pm

Anything to get her out of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. She's honestly the reason I stopped watching. I don't know if the material bored her silly or if she's had too much plastic surgery (I pray it's the former option), but she was horrible on that show. And she's one of my favorite actresses! Get that woman a decent script, stat!!!!!

TT

"Me flunk English? That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#5re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/12/06 at 8:48pm

The woman has 13 emmy noms and 4 wins, a golden globe, 3 SAGs, an oscar nom and and a room full of other awards and noms! It is a shame it is so hard for her to find good work and the writers of Desperate Housewives wasted someone soooo talanted this season. I have followed her work and am always amazed. In Miss Evers Boys, The Piano Lesson and Mandela she is brillant! We need her on Broadway. Maybe Meryl Streep will come back to work with her, I know they respect each others work.
Updated On: 6/12/06 at 08:48 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/12/06 at 9:08pm

She is my favorite actress. I was at the awards and just wanted to run up and hug her!!!

Just give the world Love.

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#7re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/13/06 at 1:10pm

She is one of mine too.

Gelfling Profile Photo
Gelfling
#8re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/13/06 at 5:00pm

it's a sad statement about our entertainment industry that an actress like her would take a basckseat to the likes of Teri Hatcher and Nicolette Sheridan in a primetime soap opera!

But then again, it's hard enough for any actress over 50 with talent to find good material so when you add some colour to the mix, you're pretty much screwed... what a shame...

She need to come back to Broadway... where how talented you are is more important than how light your skin is!

"What book of rules says that theatre exists only within some ugly buildings crowded into one square-mile of New York City? Wherever there's magic and make-believe and an audience, there's theatre..."

Danielm
#9re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/13/06 at 5:02pm

Agreed on Alfre. She is one of the best actresses around and seems greatly under-appreciated to me. She makes whatever she does better. And she looks fabulous--she really brought the girls on Tony night!

Yes, we do need a third vampire musical.--Little Sally, Gypsy of the Year 2005.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#10re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/13/06 at 5:05pm

Too bad Gayle King (Oprah's gal) wore the same dress.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#11re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/13/06 at 5:07pm

Alfre-total consumate professional. One of the best actresses of our time. I would kill to see her in a play. She is exceptional. If you haven't seen her in Miss Firecracker with Holly Hunter, run out and get it. "I can hear voices through my eyes!" is one of my favorite lines as she portrays the sweet and heartbreaking Popeye.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#12re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/13/06 at 5:10pm

This year the writing on DH was really blah. The finale seems good, so I hope for a better third season.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

TonyaFanatic Profile Photo
TonyaFanatic
#13re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/13/06 at 6:10pm

she's ridiculously talented. an actress so in touch with people. love that. she looked great too. that's that marc cherry money. but yea her part sucked butt.

"Girl, this cupcake is the jumpoff"- Adriane Lenox

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#14re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/13/06 at 10:16pm

I love Alfre! You can always find her in a random film and she does a great job. My teacher is related to her through marriage which is so random. I saw Alfre at a convention and she is so nice and is very down to earth. She doesn't get affected by the Hollywood. She said at the con that she's just a mom who is an actress.

Anyway, I'd love to see her in a play. She's so gorgeous and a great actress. But I guess we have to wait till her kids are out of the house, or she could perform in LA.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#15re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/13/06 at 11:05pm

She said on the red carpet that she wants to come back and do a play and for anyone interested to get in touch with her, so let's hope someone takes her up on her offer!

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

MargoChanning
#16re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/13/06 at 11:28pm

I saw her in "Drowning Crow" at MTC a couple of years ago, which was an all-black contemporary adaptation of Chekhov's THE SEAGULL. The play and the production were rather disjointed and never really came together and she was a bit miscast in the Arkadina role though she had a decent moment or two. Give her the right role and she would be extraordinary.

Anyone remember seeing her in the PBS adaptation of Ntosake Shange's FOR COLORED GIRLS (along side a very young Lynn Whitfield and the brilliant Trazana Beverly who had won the Tony for the same role on stage)? She wasn't famous then, but her raw painful intensity were unforgettable and marked her as a young actor to watch.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
Updated On: 6/14/06 at 11:28 PM

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#17re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/14/06 at 6:26am

Anyone remember seeing her in the PBS adaptation of Ntosake Shange's FOR COLORED GIRLS (along side a very young Lynn Whitfield and the brilliant Trazana Beverly who had won the Tony for the same role on stage)? She wasn't famous then, but her raw painful intensity were unforgettable and marked her as a young actor to watch.

YES, I'm definitely aging myself here, but I do remember her quite vividly from that adaptation. She--and all of the other ladies--were wonderful. Woodard is a very talented actress and, as Margo said, could really excell if given the right role.

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#18re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/14/06 at 11:28am

Alfre is royalty and honey -- if you've got to show up in the same dress -- that's the way to do it -- looking SO MUCH BETTER than the nobody.

Mind is Mantra.
Updated On: 6/14/06 at 11:28 AM

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#19re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/14/06 at 12:37pm

She was brillant in the films Passion Fish, Miss Evers Boys, The Piano Lesson, and Mandela. I honestly can go on and on about her. She is just soooo good. I hope it happens next season b/c i cant get enough.

Brennan88 Profile Photo
Brennan88
#20re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/14/06 at 2:16pm

Alfre turned up on TV last night in, of all places, "My Life On The D List." It was brief, but she looked great and seemed to be having a good time.

#21re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/14/06 at 2:27pm

re: Alfre Woodard

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#22re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/14/06 at 4:12pm

Oh my gosh, I didn't know that they were wearing the same outfit!

Alfre definately looks better.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

Millie Lammoreaux
#23re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/14/06 at 4:24pm

Big Alfre Woodard fan, here! I've loved her since I first caught her in a guest role on "St. Elsewhere." The only other actor who ever wowed me so much at first sight was Meryl Streep, in the 1970s mini-series "Holocaust." I'm not surprised to learn they're mutual admirers. Would love to see them work together.

It's too early for noches.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#24re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/14/06 at 4:26pm

Millie,

I just got chills thinking about that! Meryl and Alfre on stage together. Now there is casting worth 225 a ticket. Forget Julia. Playwrights get writing!!!!!

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Videos