pixeltracker

Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.

Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.

Yankeefan007
#1Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 2:08pm

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/103827.html

Seem's she'll return for the last week of shows, should they choose to extend.

Gpvegas
#1re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 2:30pm

Before this gets into a bashing session. I found her to be very good in the role. As for her voice, I think that is a matter of personally taste. I thought it was in fine form.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#3re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 2:48pm

Doesn't matter if you like her or not, someone just posted the dates she'll be out..... Was already known before she even started actually....

Good info though for those buying tickets!

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#4re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 3:21pm

Thanks for posting this! Now I have to go before she leaves!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#5re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 3:29pm

Ugh. I think I'm going for Kids' Night.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#6re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 3:39pm

At least the dates are offical now.

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#7re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 5:21pm

Thanks for posting this . . . some friends and I want to go while Daphne is still there and we were having a hard time finding tickets on a day we could go without knowing exactly when she would be out. Now I guess it is back to telecharge to hunt for seats! :)

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#8re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 5:29pm

It is a little longer than I thought...

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#9re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 5:36pm

this might be old news but...who's replacing her while she's gone?

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#10re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 5:37pm

this might be old news but...who's replacing her while she's gone?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#11re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 5:56pm

Wonder if she will even return

Poster Emeritus

fengshuihellnyc
#12re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 6:00pm

well the show has quietly extended through the summer. No announcement has been made but I was told this by the boxoffice person, who also mentioned that tickets were on sale through the end of the summer to groups. seems to me they are going to extend for quite a while.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#13re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 6:22pm

jess20882, no announcement in regards to a temporary replacement has been made. They are holding an invite-only audition this week, so we should know next week at the earliest.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#14re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 6:24pm

APRIL 11

I guess this means that they are extending re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.

bwayondabrain
#15re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 6:33pm

haha, my class is lucky
they are going to see this show on the 17th i'm pretty sure when they are in nyc
:)
cool

and does this mean the show is extending?

nomdeplume
#16re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 7:47pm

So who's Fantine?

They should get Emy Baysic. She can sing up a storm and what an actress. What a Kim in Miss Saigon she was.

C is for Company
#17re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 8:04pm

My old school by my home already booked a trip for late spring, way past the original closing date.

StarStruckGB Profile Photo
StarStruckGB
#18re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/28/06 at 8:34pm

To fengshuihellnyc:

Thanks for sharing!
Maybe we'll get our hands on some more merch. too.
But that recording...one can just hope for now.

Goshen doesn't do High-School-shows.

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#19re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/29/06 at 8:33pm

nomdeplume
Emy is FANTASTIC, and one of the best Kims if you ask me
she'd be killer in Les Miz (though I might prefer her more as Eponine)

singingshowgirl Profile Photo
singingshowgirl
#20re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/29/06 at 8:40pm

i must admit that i feel like they should have given the part to someone else if she was going to miss 1/3 of the run....but i'm saying that partly because i did not enjoy her performance at all lol

jobill
#21re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/29/06 at 11:40pm

why didn't she leave before I saw it? At least now i know to see it again while she is gone-She was terrible in this role and hurt the entire show.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#22re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/30/06 at 12:46am

This is a little out of context but I saw Les Miz, Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. It was a sold out show and this revival is a show to see. The orchestration was indeed updated and the colors (lighting) were beautiful. This time, they used very rich warm hues almost like looking at a painting. I was surprisingly impressed with the acting and singing abilities of Adam Jacobs (Marius) and Ali Ewoldt (Cosette). Both stood out and outstaged Eponine and Fantine that night and got me all teary eyed at the end. Celia Keenan Bolger was a good actress and a fantastic singer but she overacted her "Little Fall of Rain." She was a little too frantic and anxious to kiss Marius which looked weird especially from someone who's dying. Daphne Rubin-Vega was a good actress as well. Her infamous vocals were suited for a modern rock opera, maybe not for Fantine. Alexander Gemignani was a very good JVJ but not the best that I've seen. Norm Lewis' vocals for Javert was astounding and flawless but he needs to come out of his shell to portray a more demanding and persistent Javert. Although some of the blockings have been changed, the scene when JVJ joins Fantine and Eponine at the end looked awkward. Overall, it is still an amazing production.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

Spacedog78 Profile Photo
Spacedog78
#23re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/30/06 at 12:31pm

God, i hope she doesnt return to the show, she is awful and ruins the role of Fantine!!!!

Off-topic: And what the hell is Cosette wearing, that white low cut dress, that was a mistake, her character would have never worn that nor would her father allowed her to wear that!!! This production was a joke, it looked like a high school performance and I hope it does not extend!!!!

theminutepast
#24re: Daphne Exits Les Miz Feb. 18 - April 11.
Posted: 11/30/06 at 1:16pm

I agree about the white dress. It looks like a nightgown. Also, what about Adam Jacobs not wearing his jacket? Wouldn't that have been inappropriate at the time?
Updated On: 11/30/06 at 01:16 PM

Videos