pixeltracker

Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!

Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 12:56am

Goodbye to this hilarious tour de force. I am thrilled that I had the opportunity to see this show twice, and I cannot wait to get the cast recording! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed around Tony time! Thank you to Martin Short, Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman, and to all of the brilliant cast for bringing this fantastic show to Broadway with such vigor each night. FAME BECOMES ME will be surely missed, but never forgotten. Those of you who have the chance to see it on tour, don't hesitate! It is an entertainment like no other!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#2re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 12:57am

I'm really kicking myself for not seeing this!

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#2re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:04am

I went five times. I loved almost every second of this show.
The best bit was the Tommy Tune on stilts. OMG. Hilarious!
I am sad I never got to see Ed Staudenmayer! I adore him. He is one of the funniest performers on the planet. I wish he would have a lead on Broadway where he belongs. That man is so talented. If anyone saw him in Forbidden Broadway they were blessed.
I would have gone a few more times. Bebe, was the best guest!
I saw Larry King, Bebe a soap star and two regular people in the beginning of previews. Martin Short will be missed. It was a blast!
La la la la! re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Updated On: 1/7/07 at 01:04 AM

being.jeremiah
#3re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:16am

Saw Fame Becomes Me three times: Chris Noth, Darrell Hammond and Susan Lucci.

Lots of good laughs! The stilts, the celebrity impersonations, the African village song, the Jesus in another planet joke- will be remembered.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#4re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:17am

The second time I went Jon Stewart was the special guest! He was brilliant. He and Marty were having such a blast up there. The audience kept laughing and cheering!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 1/7/07 at 01:17 AM

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#5re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:30am

re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Did anyone see Ed go on for Brooks? He would be the perfect fit for Spamalot on Broadway.

mijofly19
#6re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:32am

When the press release was put out online that Bette Middler was going to be interviewed, I knew that I had to bring my aunt to see this. She has always been a fan of Bette and I knew that would be the perfect surprise for her. The interview was hysterical, which included Marc Shaiman sitting up from the bed and flipping her off behind her back. I didn't think it could be any better until Marc called Ms. Middler up on stage after the curtain call and had her sing "The Rose," my aunt's favorite song. This was the funniest thing on Broadway in a long time, and I'd like to thank all involved for making it one of the best theatre experiences in my aunt's and my life.

mijofly19
#7re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:34am

I saw Ed when Bette was there, after I had already seen Brooks and didn't think Ed would live up to expectations. But he was fantastic. Hilarious and I agree he would fit well in Spamalot.

jjoey076 Profile Photo
jjoey076
#8re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:34am

I actually didn't like Martin Short as much as I loved everyone else in the cast. It was a funny show, but I'm glad I only paid half price for tickets. It wasn't as amusing as I thought. It did do well though, so congratultions to them.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#9re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:46am

Ed, is the funniest man alive. He is! He is also a sweetie!
I saw him at least ten times in Forbidden Broadway. He is just naturally hysterical. His Matt Morrison in the Piazza number almost put me in the emergency room. I kept trying to see him but all five times I saw the lead. Brooks is very funny in the role but I wanted to see Ed! Updated On: 1/7/07 at 01:46 AM

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#10re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 2:06am

broadway will never be the same without Marc's bare bottom. :)

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#11re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 2:16am

I saw this twice, one with a regular guy when they show was just starting and then with Christine Lahti, who was hilarious, a few months later. Both times it was hysterical, and I am *so* glad I went.

Sad to see it close...

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

Debbie1313 Profile Photo
Debbie1313
#12re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:25am

I got to see the show with Diane Keaton. She was very reluctant to go up on stage and had to be practically pulled and strapped down. Very funny though. Great fun afternoon. Love Marty and sorry to say goodbye for now.

jimnysf
#13re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 10:16am

I saw it in when it tried out in San Francisco and laughed a lot!

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#14re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 10:29am

I'm kicking myself, too for not seeing this. I opted for the dismal Spamalot (which I hated) over Martin Short's show when I was in town for the Thanksgiving holiday. I was hoping to have time over Christmas, but that never materialized.

I hope if there is in fact a tour, it plays Washington, DC.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#15re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 10:38am

I saw the mat. yesterday, the show was great.
I'm so glad I saw it.

Anyone else love the WICKED parody?

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#16re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 11:15am

It was very funny but the wicked paraody was not nearly as funny as Forbidden Broadway's Defying Chenoweth starring Jennifer Simard. Granted, I loved the show. Just not as funny as FB.
If you loved Martin Short's show you will die laughing at FB.

Marc Shaiman should perform on stage more. Another favorite moment was Marc in that Girl wig and drinking a slurpee.
Martin has touched my no no place.(I think his name was Estelle and he was Martin's pretend sister. Went back four times just for that. Marc Shaiman rocks! I would love to see him in Forbidden Broadway) Updated On: 1/7/07 at 11:15 AM

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#17re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 11:34am

it was realy funny

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#19re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:14pm

Loved the show! Saw Ed on for Brooks once. The writing is what made the show soo funny. Only guest I got to see was Norbert. Others were just regular folk.

"Have they come yet?"

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#20re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:18pm

I wish I could go today, I'm sure it'll be ten times as amazing and hysterical as it normally is. Anyone know the guest star?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#21re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:38pm

Corine, Ed went on both times I saw the show, so I can't compare to Brooks, but I really enjoyed Ed's performance. Especially as Fosse and Tommy Tune. I really loved this show a lot. So much so that the second time I went it was actually as a birthday present for my father for is big Marty Short fan, but does not like musicals really at all. He loved the show about as much as I did. I can't wait for the cast recording.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#22re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:40pm

I saw yesterday's matinee and absolutely loved it. I hope the tour is successful (and that it comes near me).

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#23re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 2:06pm

did Aisha de Haas ever go on for Capathia? If so, how was she?

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#24re: Stop the Show! - Bye Bye FAME BECOMES ME!
Posted: 1/7/07 at 2:11pm

growl, I'm really pissed I never saw this

Videos