pixeltracker

"Jennifer Holliday too!"- Page 2

"Jennifer Holliday too!"

SporkGoddess
#25re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:17pm

Apparently a lot of people are ticked that JHud won...

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

soulman83
#26re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:23pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! PERFORMANCE!!!

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#27re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:28pm

I loved that performance. It was like watching the Tonys!

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#28re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:30pm

AMAZING!!!

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

BSoBW2
#29re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:30pm

I can't wait for the Tony's!

UH OH!

theaterlover45 Profile Photo
theaterlover45
#30re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:33pm

I am kind of suprised that Dreamgirls didn't take the oscar for song.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#31re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:35pm

sorry. Norbit.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#32re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:36pm

i actually am not surprised that Dreamgirls didn't win. i figured they'd buck the obvious choice and go elsewhere

donna_darko_23
#33re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 12:47am

It was cute that she remember to quick thank Holliday at the end. The other people I was watching it with don't follow theater and were wondering who she was talking about. One of the girls, after telling her why she thanked Holliday, said, "Oh, I thought that was her old name or something!" haha. Because that makes sense...

chino Profile Photo
chino
#34re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 1:17am

I thought she would not get it.

Congratulations Jennifer! I am so happy for you.

So, there you go Ms. Holliday. Cant help but wonder what will she say next?

C is for Company
#35re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 1:22am

Dreamgirls had too many good songs, they all cancelled themselves out! Don't you hate when too many good things come from one source and they wind up hurting themselves in that situation? re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#36re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 1:28am

If anyone has seen the E! coverage today they have seen Holliday on it...singing and talking. She was more see-through than a glass of water. I have never seen more fake expressions and sentences come from someones mouth. We all know she made this role huge...or as she said created Effie...but she needs to let go of the fact she was not in the movie..she never was going to be.

Deena puts it best when she says: Now who you calling common you self-indulgent, self-absorbed nonprofessional?

When I told a friend JHolliday was singing AIATY, he asked if it was for a KFC opening.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#37re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 3:41am

"When I told a friend JHolliday was singing AIATY, he asked if it was for a KFC opening."
Priceless

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#38re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 8:49am

"She was more see-through than a glass of water."

Princeton grads only WISH they could write an analogy like that.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"
Updated On: 2/26/07 at 08:49 AM

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#39re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 9:48am

in the press interviews after Jennifer Hudson's win, she went into a more detailed thank you to the original cast of Dreamgirls, including JHolliday by name, saying they "paved the way" and such like. Maybe now Jennifer Holliday will fade into oblivion.

on a side note, Jennifer Hudson should totally come to Broadway if they ever do a revival of Once On This Island! "Mama will proviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!"
Updated On: 2/26/07 at 09:48 AM

theaterlover45 Profile Photo
theaterlover45
#40re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 10:04am

Jennifer looked a lot better during the press interveiws.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#41re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 10:07am

<-----LOVE HER

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Fosse76
#42re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 10:53am

"She was probably afraid Jennifer Holliday would come after her if she didn't thank her!"

That's what I was thinking when I saw it. I started laughing.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#43re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 11:11am

theaterdude87, if you watched the E! coverage in it's entirety, she said that she wasn't naive enough to think she'd ever play Effie in the film. What she wanted was a cameo role (she explicity mentioned the part of Deena's mother, which is the exact role I thought of her for when I saw the movie.)

She seemed very taken by and supportive of Hudson, and talked about how thrilled she was with her performance and how accomplished a feeling it was for her to see the character of Effie finally making it to the big screen.

Although she's made herself look otherwise in recent interviews and articles, I thought Holliday came off as nothing but gracious and professional during her segment yesterday.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#44re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 11:24am

watched this live in the UK(Got to bed at 6am) so happy Hudson won (was shocked it didn't win for song as was the people doing the uk segments here on TV

Holiday was awful when she sang on E (how over the top grrrrrr)

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Jimmcf Profile Photo
Jimmcf
#45re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 12:27pm

From USA Today:

Hudson used her thank-you cam time to say, "I want to definitely thank Miss Jennifer Holliday, the one and only. And I'd like to thank — did I say God? Yes, God."

On why she thanked Jennifer Holliday: “The original Dreamgirls paved the way for us to be here today. How can you not thank them?"

My mother always used to say, "The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana." - Rose Nyland

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#46re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 12:59pm

J-Holla is a crazy person. And yes, my god, her performance was so over-the-top, it was shocking. She sounded like a bear.

But my sig says it all.

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#47re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'
Posted: 2/26/07 at 1:07pm

I watched the interview with Holliday in the E! "Bailey's Bar" (What's up with that? They were a walking commercial for Bailey's again!) and the girl talking to Jennifer Holliday asked if she had a chance to congratulate and hang out with Hudson. Holliday said no. And she got a look on her face just as the interviewer said, "Well we need to make that happen!" And Jennifer Holliday did not look thrilled at all about meeting Hudson. She tried to play it off but it showed on her face that she was not keen on the idea.

Just give the world Love.