pixeltracker

what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nominations in.

what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nominations in.

esparza 333
#1what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nominations in.
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:28am

I feel all of the acting caterogories and writing caterogories.
Best Actor Roger Bart
Best Actress Sutton Foster
Best Featured Actor Shuler Hensley
Best Featured Actress Megan Mulally
what else?

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nominations in.
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:30am

Mel Brooks' THE PRODUCER won 12 Tony Awards.

Mel Brooks' YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN will win 13 Tony Awards.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#2re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nominations in.
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:33am

I'll bet Andrea Martin is going to be out of control funny, so maybe she'll win herself a Tony... but it's gonna be a great year for musicals at the Tony's this year....we still have to consider In The Heights and Catered Affair. And I wouldn't be surprised if Mermaid cleans up all of the design awards.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#3re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nominations in.
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:38am

I'd love for Chris Fitzgerald to be nominated for Featured Actor.

He's so great and was really jipped in Wicked.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

esparza 333
#4re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nominations in.
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:38am

I ould also not be surprised if two cities took the design awards. Any way Megan Mulally will have a bigger part so i'm sure if she ill be the one in the caterogory

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nominations in.
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:17pm

The show hasn't even begun its out of town tryout yet. We are going to have a MINIMUM of ten musical productions on Broadway this season. There is no basis yet upon which to make any predictions.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#6re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:18pm

haha let the show open first

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Ftworthguy Profile Photo
Ftworthguy
#7re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:22pm

I'll let you know my thoughts after I see it in Seattle -- going towards the end of the run.

husk_charmer
#8re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:26pm

Hopefully none of the major non-acting awards. Then again, I hate Mel Brooks and his over-priced seats, so I'm a bit biased.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#9re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:28pm

WHO GIVES A RAT'S ASS?
Seriously. I don't care. Let's see if it's any good.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#10re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:29pm

Can we let the show open first?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

blueroses
worrell4077
#12re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:56pm

"And I wouldn't be surprised if Mermaid cleans up all of the design awards."

I think YF might get alot of those because alot of the interviews with the cast members have them saying that the set is huge. My favorite one about the set was what Christopher Fitzgerald said when he said that the set makes Wicked look like Gutenberg the musical.

I honestly think that YF will probably be nominated in alot of the categories including Best Musical.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#13re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:57pm

^ Sadly huge doesn't always equal good.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#14re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 2:21pm

wonderfulwizard11, you took the words right out of my mouth!

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#15re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 2:55pm

But it's no fun to predict having actually SEEN the show. re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina Then if you're right, it's harder to prove that you're psychic.

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.

The Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
#16re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 2:58pm

If it's any good then I think it will get noms. in every category (it's eligible for). Hopefully it will not win them all...save some for the other shows.

9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#17re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 3:42pm

I'm seeing it on the 18th of August so I'll post my thoughts....

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#18re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 3:46pm

OMG lyk YF was toptally ROBBED of the [insert category here] Tony!

Or something. ^_^

BustopherPhantom Profile Photo
BustopherPhantom
#19re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 6:41pm

I won't bother listing awards YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN will definately be nominated for - we haven't even see it. What would happen if the show was a disaster, a failure, a guaranteed-to-offend-those-of-all-races,-creeds,-and-religions show?

I will say, though, that there is no way on Earth that the show will win anywhere near the no. of awards THE PRODUCERS did, simply because the voters will feel they made a mistake giving THE PRODUCERS a record-shattering number when the show started sinking hard the minute the Lane-Broderick Express left.

"Y'know, I think Bertolt Brecht was rolling in his grave."
-Nellie McKay on the 2006 Broadway production of The Threepenny Opera, in which she played Polly Peachum
Updated On: 8/1/07 at 06:41 PM

elmore3003
#20re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 6:59pm

Most outrageous ticket price?

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#21re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 7:09pm

Elmore, hahahaha. Its true though.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#22re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/1/07 at 7:31pm

The category most assured of a nomination is Best Set Design. The only things we've heard about the show is that some people think the script is funny and that the set is huge. Robin Wagner knows what he is doing, and I can't imagine the set will be anything other than big and expensive-looking (ie, a Tony-nominated set design). I think the actors are more vulnerable to bad reviews than the set is.

I think Costumes is pretty close to being in the bag for similar reasons.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

i_heart_roger_bart Profile Photo
i_heart_roger_bart
#23re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/2/07 at 3:46am

I just wanna see it. It doesn't matter to me what it gets nominated for, if anything at all. But it is fun to speculate.

We were fated to be mated. We're Bialystock & Bloom!

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#24re: what tony catergories will Young Frankenstein most definetly get nomina
Posted: 8/2/07 at 4:20am

I just got my ticket for August 21st here in Seattle. I'm very excited, let's hope it doesn't let me down.

Videos