Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now- Page 2

Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now

FrancisGumm Profile Photo
FrancisGumm
#25re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/17/07 at 10:52pm

re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now

Kyle, i noticed that too!!

"Beating AIDS and extreme, stupid poverty, this is our moon shot. This is our civil rights struggle, our anti-apartheid movement. This is what the history books will remember our generation for--or blame us for, if we fail."-Bono

mauriposa
#26re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/17/07 at 10:57pm

I kept thinking of "Pirelli's Magical Elixir" whenever I saw him with his case of medicine...

Me too!

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#27re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:03pm

Too many commercials - more even than ANTM!

SporkGoddess
#28re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:18pm

I had no idea that was him! Thanks for the notification. This is definitely my favorite show of the new season--maybe it even makes the list for favorite shows, ever. re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#29re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:23pm

Compare the episode times on ABC.com; there were the same amount of commercials as any other hour-long primetime show on ABC.

I love this show. I hope some of you stick around for reasons other than Raul.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

jochang621 Profile Photo
jochang621
#30re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:31pm

I might have jumped on the bandwagon really late, but is that Jim Dale who's narrating? He has such a distinctive voice, I recognized it immediately but who knows it could be another British actors. :) I love the quirky quality he brings to the show.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#31re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:34pm

Yep, that's Jim Dale. I love that this show is full of so many Broadway performers.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#32re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:45pm

I believe Chi McBride is the only principal who doesn't have NYC theater credits under his belt, at least on/off-Broadway.
Totally unrelated, but I was surprised to learn that Anna Friel got snubbed at the Tony awards for her role as Alice/Jane in CLOSER, she won the Theatre World Award and the Drama Desk...Oh well, perhaps an Emmy is on the way.
From what I read on yahoo.com, this is the most-rated new show this season along with PRIVATE PRACTICE and GOSSIP GIRL. Glad to see a charming, quirky, unique, and daring show like this is making it-- reminds me of UGLY BETTY's success last season.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#33re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/18/07 at 12:03am

Awwww, he was adorable. I'm not sure why, but I kind of expected the role to have a sort of creepy, perhaps almost sinister edge to it. But he was sweet and charming and lovely, which worked wonderfully. I was glad to see him on such a wonderful show -- the entire episode was great.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

timote316
#34re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/18/07 at 1:31am

I thought his mannerisms in the role blended in perfectly with the show. Wonderful.

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#35re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/18/07 at 7:17am

I kind of expected the role to have a sort of creepy, perhaps almost sinister edge to it.

I think we're so used to seeing him in much darker parts or edgier parts that I know I was waiting for the evil thing, too, and I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't happen.

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#36re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/18/07 at 10:06am

"I kept thinking of "Pirelli's Magical Elixir" whenever I saw him with his case of medicine...

Me too!"

Ah, good. I'm glad I wasn't the only thinking that... re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now

The way I see it; Pushing Daisies by itself is a fanatastic off-beat show that truly stands out from the other programs. By adding Esparza into that mix, it's only making everything better. Thankfully, it seems like the kind of show where you can't get lost in the plot.

In regards to Esparza's character, he had a wonderful almost neurotic demeanor that made him adorable and pleasant. It would be interesting to see him with a sinister twist, but for now I'm liking the given persona.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

WickedRentEder Profile Photo
WickedRentEder
#37re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/18/07 at 2:17pm

OMG kyle -- YES!! That's who the dress reminded me off!! Light in the Piazza! Thanks for pointing it out...I was kinda hoping for Raul & Cheno to break into song at some point.

Maybe sometime down the line :)

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#38re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/18/07 at 2:30pm

Lee Pace is a bit dreamy, isn't he? I forgot to have someone record this episode and now I'm regretting it!

yr ronin,
joey

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#39re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/18/07 at 2:47pm

Quite dreamy. Hard to believe this is the same actor that so convincingly portrayed a transgendered character in Soldier's Girl.

I hope he gets the recognition he deserves with this show!

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

beyonddizzy31 Profile Photo
beyonddizzy31
#40re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/18/07 at 3:00pm

RoninJoey--as someone mentioned before, all the shows go up on abc.com the next day in full, so you neer have to worry about recording it!

I loved the episode. I started watching last week bcause I heard Raul was going to be on, but I've really fallen in love with the show itself, its so adorably surreal. And FUNNY. Chi McBride is a hoot, and ho funny was Cheno holding her boobs as she ran down the Aunts' steps?

Oh and I second the THANK YOU for showing me what Chuck's red dress reminded me of... I knew I'd seen it before re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now

Face life with a little guts and lots of *glitter*

henryt
#41re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/18/07 at 3:37pm

"I think we're so used to seeing him in much darker parts or edgier parts that I know I was waiting for the evil thing, too, and I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't happen."

But this is also the person who starred in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. As horrible as it was, you can't get much lighter and happier than that!

luvtheEmcee
#42re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/18/07 at 3:40pm

Chitty is a happy show, but I don't think his performance there was quite without a bit of ironic edge injected into the sweetness. I really enjoyed getting to see him play a character that truly seemed like a really genuinely sweet, unassuming guy. Albeit one who's doped up on drugs. re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now

Updated On: 10/18/07 at 03:40 PM

cunegande2
#43re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 10/19/07 at 3:09pm

I really liked this show before but now...it's pretty much perfect!
And there MUST be a duet between him and Chenoweth!

Please, don't let me be normal!

luvtheEmcee
#44re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 11/28/07 at 7:47pm

Bumping this to remind people that he's back tonight at 9.

yellibean2
#45re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:19pm

Ooh, yay! I missed it the first time since my TiVo decided to die right when it was on. I LOVE this show, and Raul is just an added bonus, really. =D

luvtheEmcee
#46re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:20pm

He was so cute.

raulfan Profile Photo
raulfan
#47re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:34pm

*sigh* love him

outovfashion07
#48re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:34pm

During the dream sequence at the end I was shouting "SONG! SONG! SONG!" My roomate thought I was having a seizure. I want him and Kristen to sing together on this show soooo bad.

Yankeefan007
#49re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:43pm

Love this show.