#1BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/17/07 at 10:09pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=22275

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#2re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/17/07 at 10:11pm

The actor who is Peter on the recording sounds so much like Michael Arden to me it's almost weird, haha. But wonderful at the same time! Beautiful voice. :)

typecastme22
#2re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/17/07 at 10:12pm

Matt Doyle is the next big thing. He is amazing.

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#3re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/17/07 at 10:15pm

Those voices just give me chills. Wow. They are both just so talented.

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#4re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/17/07 at 10:17pm

i am so excited for this cd!!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#5re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/17/07 at 10:40pm

Thanks Craig.

He does sound Arden-esque.

I will no doubt buy this cd- but I will miss Johnny Hill's voice.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#6re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/17/07 at 10:48pm

WOW! I am really really impressed.
And also so very glad.
Because names or not, the score sounds remarkable with their voices.
What a gorgeous sound Matt Coyle has!

outovfashion07
#7re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/17/07 at 10:49pm

Matt Doyle....

Anyways, this sounds SOOO gorgeous I can't wait to hear the whole songs.

crushgroove
#8re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:33pm

Why the hell is Matt Doyle understudying anyone? This boy needs to be a lead pronto. His voice is beautiful, natuaral, and effortless. Plus he's adorable too.

RentBoy86
#9re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 12:37am

His voice is good, but I dunno. I just thought both of the songs felt boring. There were just singing them, I didn't really feel they were acting the parts at all.

brainlessorwise Profile Photo
brainlessorwise
#10re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 12:57am

I agree with Rentboy on the first song but that kid seems to be reaching down to his socks on the second song and his voice is lovely. I saw another promo too with "Quiet Night at Home" and that sounds gorgeous. I'll be buying this one.

jennafan
#11re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 9:06am

Ok, I am not feeling "Matt" at ALL! I used to like the song "Are You There?," but that was hard to listen to. re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording

Peter Doyle is excellent, but this other guy made me cringe.

Updated On: 10/18/07 at 09:06 AM

RentBoy86
#12re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 9:16am

Maybe I missed something, but it just seems to be lacking emotion. Maybe it comes from the fact that it's a studio recording, and so they haven't realy done the show full out, but it doesn't really hit me like the original did.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#13re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 9:20am

i have to agree. i used to really feel the song "Are You There" and this felt sort of bland to me. maybe i'll like it more on the CD?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#14re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 9:30am

"The actor who is Peter on the recording sounds so much like Michael Arden to me it's almost weird, haha. But wonderful at the same time! Beautiful voice. :) "

He really did!
I was like.. "Oh my gosh."
I cannot wait for this to come out.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#15re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 9:30am

Didnt realize that Kaitlin would reprise...so excited about that.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#16re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 12:58pm

It is funny that Matt Doyle does sound like M. Arden, maybe because it is the way that it's written and that anyone who sings the role will have that same sound, and maybe that is they way composers and producers wanted it..who knows but it does sound very much the same as Arden's!

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#17re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 1:04pm

Funny...as much as I liked Doyle's sound, he sounds nothing like Michael Arden to me -- his tone and phrasing sound completely different, and few people emote a song as well as Arden. Like RentBoy, I have to admit that none of the clips I've heard of this new recording so far have the energy of the original recording. Still, I'm a fan of the score, and I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

threatXthree
#18re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 3:17pm

Matt sounds great! I just wish he used a little more vibrato during the climax of the song. AND has anyone else noticed this:

re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Matt Doyle

re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Hal Sparks
Updated On: 10/18/07 at 03:17 PM

DEFYxGRAViTY721 Profile Photo
DEFYxGRAViTY721
#20re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 4:59pm

I was so amazed to hear how much Matt Doyle sounds like Michael Arden! He sang so beautifully, he was definitely an amazing choice for Peter. Christopher Johnson on the other hand did not impress me at all. I would've loved to seen Aaron Lohr come back and record... he brought such deep emotion and feeling to the piece that IMO, Johnson failed to do.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#21re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 6:07pm

Craig, I don't think you understand how much this made my day. Oh my god! This made me soooo happy.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#22re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 6:08pm

Um. Just so that everyone knows, qtbwayboi, is clearly not Matt Doyle. It's actually a troll who has been obsessively harassing Matt for a few weeks now. Pay no attention to them and their depressing, pathetic life.

tourboi
#23re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/18/07 at 7:10pm

Thank you Antiandrewx. FIrstly, Matt is straight (right?) and to pretend he's gay as a means of insulting him? That's an insult to the entire gay community. Being gay isn't an insult.

But that's a whole OTHER argument that doesn't belong on this board.

Back to the subject at hand, I think Matt's fantastic vocally as Peter. To me he sounds nothing like Michael Arden, and it's refreshing to hear parts of Role of a Lifetime not "over sung". And I'm not all that sure I miss Aaron Lohr. I like him on the sampler CD from Dodger, but didn't like him in the show at all.

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#24re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/19/07 at 12:25am

ADORE Matt Doyle. Wow. I'd never even heard of him before the casting for this CD came out, and I'm SO impressed with him. He's absolutely wonderful, and I can't wait to hear him sing the rest of the score.

As for the Matt, I must say that hearing that bit of Are You There made me miss Aaron Lohr VERY much. Eh, guess you can't win them all.

AberJ01 Profile Photo
AberJ01
#25re: BWW TV Exclusive: Behind The Scenes Of The BARE CD Recording
Posted: 10/19/07 at 12:55am

I'm sorry, but I have to say the same thing about the guy who's singing for Peter, Matt Doyle I believe. Role of a Lifetime sounds horrible. It doesn't compare to Michael Arden at all. There something very flat about the way it sounds, and completely unemotional. His voice isn't that terrible, but the song just sounds like it emotionally and vocally falls flat. Not to mention there's something really weird about his phrasing and pronuncation. Too critical, maybe. The recording of Arden singing the song though is complete brillance though. They couldn't really expect to equal it anyway....

Videos