pixeltracker

Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer- Page 3

Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#50re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:41pm

Eh... I don't know... it looks like they stuck with the stage version a bit too much- I mean please, people dancing around Donna with spirit fingers?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

EdmundOG
#51re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:45pm

"If that photo doesn't turn a guy gay, I don't know what will."

But there's a girl in it too, to counterbalance like.

And I'm adding me to the "Not a fan of the show, but the movie looks cute" list.

crzyray Profile Photo
crzyray
#52re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:48pm

I'm guessing that's lay all your love on me! I love this movie already jeez i can't wait, i'll be at the theatre all day watching it over and over haha! This musical makes me sooooooo happy i love it so much

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#53re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:52pm

I am beyond excited for this movie, and I don't even like the play.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#54re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:54pm

Yankees1253, I'm pretty sure Under Attack was cut.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#55re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 3:03pm

Looks great.....!!!!!

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#56re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 3:05pm

Yeah Under Attack was indeed cut. But either way, the summer cannot come fast enough! When did they change the release date?On the trailer page on the front page, it says it will be realeased on July 11th...

Updated On: 12/13/07 at 03:05 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#57re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 3:13pm

They never did. Even before filming started the film's release date has always been: July 18, 2008.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#58re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 3:21pm

sorry i did not know that under attack was cut but i still love that song. yeah i agree hope the summer comes quick. i love the picture of sophie and sky. dominic and amanda look so adorable together.

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#59re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 3:32pm

I didn't read thru the thread, so don't attack. Here is a bit different trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A6jJreaf98

Can't wait for this movie!

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#60re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 4:08pm

I can't get the first one to play. The second one looks good though except for the use of the stage choreography.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#61re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 4:15pm

I am SO excited for this movie!!! And Dominic Cooper...yummy.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

Jonwo
#62re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 4:41pm

I am really forward to this being a fan of Mamma Mia! It looks fantastic and it looks like a great cast.

Having only seen the London version I find it a Bit odd that Sophie and Donna are American in the film rather than British.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#63re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 5:04pm

This looks like such fun!

hollywearsprada Profile Photo
hollywearsprada
#64re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 5:07pm

purpleprince101 and BrodyFosse123, you're both right.

11th July is the release date for the UK.

18th July is the release date for the US.

"That's my trouble! I'm a bagel on a plate full of onion rolls!"

DMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
#65re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 5:23pm

It looks like a fun summer movie. I've seen the show and I'm certain the film is going to be 100 times better.

I've always thought of Mamma Mia! as a chick-flick musical.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#66re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 5:24pm

I'm sick of this "I hate the stage show but this I like" crap. It looks like the stage production on film (and that's not a bad thing in my book). Sam director, same songs, nearly the same costumes and locations.

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#67re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 5:32pm

I've never actually seen the stage version but the movie looks super super cute.

Awww, Colin, he's so adorable that I just want to punch him in the face. And Dominic = yum.

As of right now I think I'm looking forward to this more than I am Sweeney.

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#68re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 5:59pm

Thanks hollywearsprada for clearing that up! I guess I was looking at the international trailer.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#69re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 6:11pm

It looks like they've done a great job at retaining the fun vibe that has made the stage show such a huge success.

Does anyone else think Meryl Streep's singing voice sounds eerily similar to that of Cher?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 12/13/07 at 06:11 PM

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#70re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 6:15pm

I'm excited to. I'm not a big fan of the stage show, but I am excited. If anything, it's much better to pay $9 for a mediocre experience than $100.
Broadway Blog: Take a Chance on Me: Why Mamma Mia!-Haters May Lay All Their Love On the Movie Adaptation

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#71re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 7:04pm

Ah, so much fun! I can't wait for this movie. Love me some Meryl. And Dominic is incredibly hot! That's one thing I remember liking about the musical, all the hot guys wearing very little.

~Steven

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#72re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 7:06pm

I'm excited to. I'm not a big fan of the stage show, but I am excited. If anything, it's much better to pay $9 for a mediocre experience than $100.

Ha, funny you should say that...I've always said that Mamma Mia was the one show I refused to pay any double-digit amount to see. I've heard some great things, but I just never had any interest in it whatsoever. So $9 works for me. re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer

But actually, that said, these trailers really got me interested in the movie. Still don't know if I'd be crazy about the show, but the film, at least, looks like a good time.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#73re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 7:16pm

oh god how CUTE!! Can't wait!!

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#74re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 7:23pm

She hardly used any vibrato...she might just have some tension or something that is causing it to be that fast...

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine