pixeltracker

Who was the nicest actor or actress you met?- Page 3

Who was the nicest actor or actress you met?

TexasGuy
#50re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 6:41pm

Mary Martin
Billy Crudup
John Lithgow

Honorable Mention: Elaine Stritch (very nice, but she did all the talking)

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#51re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 6:58pm

Stephanie J. Block in a tie with Cherry Jones.

Both ladies are in leagues of thier own.

bwaylvsong
#52re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 7:02pm

John Dossett (Gypsy '03) and Max Von Essen (DotV) were extremely friendly at the SDs.

bwaylvsong
#53re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 7:02pm

John Dossett (Gypsy '03) and Max Von Essen (DotV) were extremely friendly at the SDs.

broadwaylove3
#54re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 7:07pm

BETH LEAVEL hands down also Max Von Essen is S0o0o0o0 nice and generous

robin3 Profile Photo
robin3
#55re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 7:12pm

Adam Pascal, very, very nice.
Harley Jay

jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
#56re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 7:16pm

Kate Shindle was really sweet and gracious. She was complimenting fans on their scarves and stuff, just super nice all around.
Christian Hoff and Daniel Reichard are really nice too.

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#57re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 7:19pm

Orfeh and Andy Karl are both wonderful, Andy has such a great sense of humor. Kaitlin Hopkins is incredibly sweet too. Other people that come to mind: Nikki Snelson, Hunter Bell (heck, the entire [tos] cast), Richard Blake, Krysta Rodriguez, Mandy Gonzalez, Julia Murney, Tracy Jai Edwards, Emily Swallow...

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#58re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 7:19pm

Alice Ripley has been super nice when I've met her. And Emily Skinner could not have been sweeter the two times I've met her ~ even when one of those ended with a monsoon off the Potomac. Both just ultra-nice.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#59re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 7:29pm

It's a tie between Lin-Manuel Miranda and Robin DeJesus... actually everyone from In the Heights was super nice.
Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp were great too re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

Tom148502
#60re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 7:30pm

Elaine Stritch
Mary Martin
Liza Minnelli

Lynnespock2
#61re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 7:56pm

OMG Tom! You met Mary Martin? I think she is my all time favorite actress. Lucky you!

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

Rypm25 Profile Photo
Rypm25
#62re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 8:01pm

In my 18 years of going to the theater in New York, I've waited to meet 5 people, and all 5 were kind, sweet and gracious!
Rosie O'Donnell after Grease, Chita Rivera after Spiderwoman, Michael Rupert after Falsettos, Betty Buckley after Sunset, and Victor Garber after Damn Yankess.

broadwaybaby221
#63re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 8:18pm

Jennifer Cody was the sweetest thing ever.

Also Hunter Foster, Marc Kudisch, Carolee Carmello, Michael Rupert.

And in the lesser known category; Kevin Crewell, Timothy Britten Parker and Justin Patterson.

~Sara~

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#64re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 8:20pm

Eden Espinosa, WICKED, 2004
Donna Murphy, WONDERFUL TOWN, 2004
The entire cast of SPELLING BEE, 2005, Broadway

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

nygrl23 Profile Photo
nygrl23
#65re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 8:22pm

Sutton helped me move!

LittlexFallxOfxRain
#66re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 8:23pm

John Gallagher Jr. was a sweetheart.

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#67re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 8:29pm

Jonathan Groff. He is such a sweetheart!!!! He took 10 minutes out of his schedule to have a conversation with me and my friend at the stagedoor, like a real conversation, not just "Oh, so you like the show?" Hes such a sweet guy =)

nygrl23--explain?!?!?!

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

viola13
#68re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 8:31pm

Tim Howar, Raul Esparza, Karmine Alers, Alice Ripley, and Daphne Rubin-Vega. Tim probably wins solely for the fact that he paid my subway fare. lol.
Updated On: 4/16/08 at 08:31 PM

kec Profile Photo
kec
#69re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 9:19pm

Michael Ball
Maria Friedman
Daniel Torres
Adam Brazier
Jill Paice

and Gavin Creel, whom I met in London -- twice. re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?

Oh, and John Owen Jones.
Updated On: 4/16/08 at 09:19 PM

glitterandjazzhands Profile Photo
glitterandjazzhands
#70re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 9:57pm

Noah Weisburg was the nicest actor I've ever met. I had a loooong conversation with him while we were on strike outside the Palace. I had another looong conversation with him later that day when I was walking to Young Frankenstein and realized I didnt get a pic with Nikki Snelson (who is also on my list) and we ended up talking for like 20 minutes. It was great. Roger Bart is also a doll. Katie Rose Clarke is great. Annaleigh Ashford is nice. Lauren Molina, Natalie Johnson, Alex Geminiani. Most actors are pretty nice if you are polite and gracious. :)

the_white_page
#71re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 9:57pm

Beth Leavel is just the sweetest person I've ever met period.

Danny Burstein is a sweetheart. Alice Ripley and Emily Skinner were both incredibly kind as well.

And Julia Murney.

www.bethleavel.com

haddaddy3 Profile Photo
haddaddy3
#72re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 10:07pm

Oh my God! Beth Leavel was SO KIND! Also, Johnathan Groff wad fantastic and so was Rosie. Christine Ebersole was very gracious after Grey Gardens, but she was quiet and reserved because I think she was tired.

You look absolutely terrific, honestly.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#73re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 10:08pm

I would have to say hands down Tim Hower for me. We were talking for a bit after a performance of Rent and we ended up walking and talking towards the subway. We ended up walking and talking and we were both going in the same direction of the same train that we needed to take so our conversation went on from there and onto the subway until we both got off at our respective stops.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#74re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/16/08 at 11:13pm

Orfeh is also really nice. I got to go into her dressing room with my friend and she was really sweet. She talked to us about the dogs and we got to play around with the pregnant suit and stuff, she let us hang with her for a good 10 minutes. Shes really nice =)

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

Videos