Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 1:32am

Tonight is Jonathan Groff and Lea Michele's final performance in SPRING AWAKENING.

Lea, I look forward to seeing what you have lined up next.

Jonathan, I look forward to seeing more of you this summer!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/117837.html

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 5/18/08 at 01:32 AM

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#2re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 1:34am

What a sad day. I'ts gonna be hard to read the reviews later tonight, just like when JGJ left. =(

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#2re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 1:35am

I'm crying right now.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#3re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 1:42am

Im really upset they are leaving but am looking forward to all the future work that they are a part of.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#4re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 1:56am

I wish the best for both of them in their future endeavors. And hopefully I'll be able to see Lea in Les Mis later this summer.

I can only imagine all the emotion that'll be emanating from the theater tonight...

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#5re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 1:57am

I really don't like Spring Awakening, but these two young actors have lots of potential. I'm glad to see them go, it will open up new opportunities for them, as long as neither gets "attached" to another show.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#6re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 1:58am

I was in midtown this evening shortly after curtain and I walked by the theatre and a bunch of groupies sitting on the sidewalk in front of the theatre. Looked like they were planning on being there overnight.

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#7re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 1:58am

RENTHEADS: THE NEXT GENERATION

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#8re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 2:10am

I'm going tonight.
I'm gonna be a wreck.
Just listening to the cast album now is making me cry.
re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

modnar
#9re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 2:58am

Good luck to both of them!

They were great in Spring Awakening, and I'm looking forward to wherever they turn up next (after Hair/Les Mis, of course).

At least the stage will be a little drier after Jonathan's departure. re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#10re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 3:14am

It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in the Atlantic seeing this show and walking out elated that I had seen this wonderful off-Broadway show. I have decided not to see it on Broadway because that night was so electric. That's the memory I want to keep about Spring Awakening. I wish the best for them both because they kicked a** the night I saw it (Final preview off-Broadway)

Just give the world Love.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#11re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 3:26am

it's been a long week for them...

had some associates in town who INSISTED on seeing it so I saw it twice this week.

The chemistry between Lea and Jonathan was much different. not normal. compared to when I saw it last year.

you can sense it's coming to an end. in MY opinion, Jonathan was pretty "off" (and out of it) for both performances. Lea appears to be pretty tired.

the show has had a very strange vibe this week. Does anyone agree?

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#12re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 5:35am

BAd vibe? Darn. I'm seeing the show today, but the matinee, so I'm guessing the show won't be QUITE as "normal" as usual. But I expected that. I'm not going to the evening show because all the crazies will be there..... (no offense to anyone going tonight, but the screaming/clapping/crying will seriously interfere with the show and I've never seen it.)

OH, time for me to leave...gotta go get on a bus for 4 hours to NYC...so excited!!!
:)

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#13re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 7:41am

Best to both of them and congrats on a great run!
WannabeaFoster, I know what you want to see this Summer.

Parks
#14re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 9:18am

Congrats on their long run! I enjoyed their performances!...back in December 2006!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#15re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 9:34am

I'll be there this evening...it's going to be quite the performance.

The people sitting outside the theater were lining up for the rush tickets, which go on sale at noon today.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 5/18/08 at 9:39am

Updated On: 5/5/09 at 09:39 AM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#17re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 10:07am

I wonder if they'll light candles, like the Wicked fans did after Idina left...

The two shows do have a lot of the same fans....

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#18re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 10:19am

Wishing both Jonathan and Lea a wonderful last show! The best to them for their future!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#19re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 10:30am

I'm a complete wreck and am currently having open heart surgery due to the pains this is bringing me.

I haven't felt sorrow like this since the closing credits of the ReNt movie!

Rest in Peace...oh wait, they are just moving on to new projects? Nevermind then.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#20re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 10:45am

I'll be there tonight. I certainly won't be throwing myself on the floor sobbing or anything, but I'm really sad to see them go.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

snl89
#21re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 10:48am

I am so not ready for what shall go down today.

I'm going to miss them soooo much- particularly Groff. re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm COMPLETELY excited for Kyle Riabko because 1)he's gorgeous and I think he'll be amazing and 2)he toured with Hanson, which should make for VERY fun stagedoor conversation for me :P

But seriously. It is NOT going to be the same show without Groff. It really, really isn't. It's almost like we're saying goodbye to the show itself re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea! Because I'm sure that with the new cast changes it will still be a great show, but it will be different. It won't be the same show I fell in love with. And that makes me really sad.

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 5/18/08 at 10:48 AM

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#22re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 10:56am

I'm going tonight. I won't be sad since I saw them about a month ago and while Lea was fine, Jon was terrible.

Got tickets as a gift so at least I feel like if its bad its not any skin off my back.

greybaby231 Profile Photo
greybaby231
#23re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 11:31am

Sad as it is. . . . . I think it's time. They've been part of Spring Awakening for so long. It's time for them to move on to other projects and dazzle us with their acting prowess. I will miss the waterworks at SA, though. Personally, that's one of my favorite parts. See how many people he sprays. . . . .

In all seriousness, they have let very large shoes to fill, and they will be greatly missed.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#24re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
Posted: 5/18/08 at 11:42am

I think both are very talented, and I'm sad to see them go. I saw the show again in March, and in my opinion, the chemistry between the two was the best I've ever seen.

I'll be going again in July with a friend who has never seen it, and I will definitely miss Groff and Michele. I don't think it will be the same show. That being said, I feel lucky to have seen them more than once, and I really look forward to their next projects.

I will go out of my way to keep up with their upcoming shows because they are so talented.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?