pixeltracker

does any body want the cast cd of cry baby made

does any body want the cast cd of cry baby made

theatre2
#1does any body want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 12:40am

i am back and do not hate me i just want to ask a ? does anybody here wished that the show cry baby made a cast cd of the show. i do want it.
Updated On: 1/9/09 at 12:40 AM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 12:43am

My buddy does, what about your buddies?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 12:45am

god i love this guy.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 12:47am

I don't think any body wants it made...maybe a few specific bodies.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#4re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 12:49am

The demo is fine! Leave it at that.

Winston3
#5re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 12:51am

I think that if this guy took a basic economics class, he would understand the finances of making a cast album and why it isn't always possible. One can only hope for that day though. And, maybe when that day comes the poster will stop these pointless threads.

Goodbye Sister Disco

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#6re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 5:40am

lol

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

jagfkb
#7re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 5:47am

theatre 2, did I meet you in NY once? At the closing for Hairspray?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 5:50am

No.

No one named Buddy goes to see bad theater. Buddy has better taste.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#9re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 6:02am

NO!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#10re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 6:33am

Factoring in a) a short Broadway run b) many complaints from critics and public that the score was empty and c) the high cost of making a cast album with little hope of it ever breaking even I would guess that if it hasn't happened by now, it won't be happening.

Cast albums are expensive. Even now when they no longer have to pay the cast a week's salary they still have to be paid for the sessions, the orchestrations have to be paid for (again), any photos they use in the packaging have to be paid for, plus studio time, mixing and mastering, marketing.,..it all adds up and at best the CD might sell 1,000 copies. They would have to charge $500 a Cd to break even.

I understand your obsession with getting a CD of every show, Bryan. But it just isn't possible with these kinds of economics. If you win the lottery you can set up your own label and record all these flop shows. If you do, I will buy one, but I think you will be shocked at the pathetically small number of copies some of these recordings actually sell. .

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

#11re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 10:05am

Oddly enough, this time I agree with Bryan. The recording has been made, the show would have a MUCH improved future at colleges & community theaters across the country if the disc were available. I think it's probably worth the investment.

Besides, I like the score.

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#12re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 11:48am

Just count me a "no thanks"

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#13re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 12:43pm

No recording has been made other than the demo (on which several songs appear that did not make the final show.) There is nothing to release.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Josh Freilich
#14re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 1:47pm

I would like to have a CryBaby cast recording made.

That is, on one condition: that the song GUS THE GRUMPY GOAT which was cut but is on the demo gets put on as a hidden track, like "Blood on the Pavement" or "Prime Rib or Fish."

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

HollyDiver
#15re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 1:55pm

I would buy it, but I know I am one of a few.

I'd rather be reckless than rockless.

Ed_Mottershead
#16re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 2:03pm

If the packaging included a shot of Spencer Liff in the altogether, I would buy it pronto.

BroadwayEd

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#17re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 2:20pm

i agree with ed. i would buy it if spencer liff is on the cover of the album with his shirt open.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#18re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 2:23pm

I'd buy it, but just because a handful of theatre fans would buy it doesn't mean it's a viable option.

Bryan, did you ever see Cry Baby? You seem strangely focused on this show, and I'm just wondering why. Please tell me it's not *just* because it hasn't had a cast recording...

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#19re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 3:00pm

the demos enough

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#20re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 3:00pm

I can't speak for Buddy. But I will say that "Buddy kissed me..." oh wait, this isn't the Side Show thread.

I'm not a fan of Cry Baby, but I still feel it's really sad when shows don't get real cast albums-- once a show closes, that's the only real (legal) way they can be appreciated in the future.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#21re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 4:42pm

Not as bad as I want the Revival of "The Apple Tree" made!!!!!!

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#22re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 6:37pm

I think I've voted before...but will say again. I would LOVE to hear that this was being made and released. I'd probably even buy it and give it to the friends who enjoyed it with me last spring and summer.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."
Updated On: 1/9/09 at 06:37 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#23re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 6:41pm

I would buy it but than again I buy almost every album of shows we have seen. I also enjoyed the score & the show.

The one most recent exception was Passing Strange.

Poster Emeritus

ifuweregay93
#24re: does any buddy want the cast cd of cry baby made
Posted: 1/9/09 at 7:04pm

"The recording has been made"

TDH?

Videos