News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Late Joan Rivers: 'Does this urn make my ash look fat?'- Page 7

The Late Joan Rivers: 'Does this urn make my ash look fat?'

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#150Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 4:10pm

when the awful things they say are said by their personae?

That presupposes that everyone agrees that the said things are awful.

FindingNamo
#151Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 4:31pm

Then let's try that another way. Is everybody exempt from critique if they can claim their words are being spoken by a persona?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#152Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 5:05pm

Did we forgive Michael Richards for what his persona said on stage?

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#153Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 5:13pm

All jokes aside, she doesn't seem to be doing well. According to TMZ, the family will decide in the next couple of days what to do.

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#154Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 5:16pm

If an Avenue Q puppet says it--does that make it OK?
Is it Dame Eda or Barry Humphries?

Updated On: 8/30/14 at 05:16 PM

FindingNamo
#155Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 5:23pm

That tramp Heidi Abromowitz told Melissa how lifelike her mother looks. Melissa reminded her Joan's still alive. Oh! It was just!

Again. I would like clarification on immunity from criticism vis a vis personae.

We could draw a Venn Diagram and in one circle put "negative" and in one circle put "positive" and in a circle overlapping parts of both (knowing there will be quibbles over the degree of overlap) put "funny".

Now, what is it about Joan or Joan's persona that says you can talk about the positive and you talk about the funny but if you talk about the negative it's YOU being negative and that's the end of the discussion? (Yes, the allusion to Joan's recent interview walk-off is intentional.)

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#156Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 5:28pm

Was it alcohol or Mel Gibson? In any case, I hope that if there is no chance of Joan to return, she is allowed to go in the most peaceful manner. To me, it seems when she stopped breathing and her heart stopped was a huge hint that it was this 81 year old's time. She would have been one of the lucky ones who had a peaceful painless death, something we should hope we all have!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#157Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 6:12pm

I pray to her and her family through this tough time. Here's to Joan's hopeful recovery.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#158Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 6:22pm

She's on life support now.

ArtMan
#159Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 7:31pm

This stage will be the most difficult for the family...whether or not to discontinue life support. Then there is the guilt associated with the fact that you pulled the plug. I'm a huge fan of Joan Rivers and hope she has a recovery. However, it would have been easier, emotionally, for Melissa, had her mother succumbed to the initial heart failure.

Updated On: 8/30/14 at 07:31 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#160Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 7:56pm

Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing

Any word on when Bravo will re-air this?

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#161Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 8:06pm

Team Namo/PRS

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#162Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 8:32pm

I don't think nano nor Phyllis is funny. Rivers will not come out of life support.most likely she will pass away in a few days. I'm sad about this

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

ArtMan
#163Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 8:33pm

Totally agree with you Jane.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#164Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 8:39pm

I'm sad, but I still laughed. Is it really either/or?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#165Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 8:49pm

This thread really is fascinating.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#166Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 8:55pm

I am not finding anything funny here. Just me I guess. Love Joan Rivers. I have always been a fan. I don't want to elicit the wrath of any of the posters here since I really enjoy you all very much. But.. I have enjoyed you all much better in other threads.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#167Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 9:00pm

I'm in total agreement DAME. I like the way you worded your last sentence.

FindingNamo
#168Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 9:29pm

I feel no wrath towards people who feel the polar opposite of what i do about Joan's comedy. Why, some of my best friends disagree with me. I mean , PJ says my jokes aren't funny but it's exactly what Joan would want. I laughed when I saw that final special graphic, but I guess I can't speak for what I think Joan would find funny, that's irrelevant. On the other hand, I have gleaned over the years that Joan thought everything was fodder for comedy, including death and abuse.

But what do I know?

ghostlight2
#169Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 9:32pm

I worked with Joan Rivers. As a person, she was a lovely woman. Her current persona does not appeal. Maybe she stayed too long at the party, or maybe she just lost perspective - or maybe I just don't appreciate that kind of humor. I do think in the past decade or so, she went well beyond "edgy" and into offensive and unfunny - and yes, hateful.

I don't quite understand why, if, like me, you don't like that brand of humor, why some of you would so relentlessly use it against her, especially at a time like this. Two wrongs and all that.

She's an old woman who will be dead pretty soon, even if she isn't officially already. Do we really need to roast her on the way?

I will say that this has been a very interesting read.

Updated On: 9/4/14 at 09:32 PM

FindingNamo
#170Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 9:37pm

Joan's giving us permission to be bad!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#171Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 9:42pm

No

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#172Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 9:45pm

Namo, stop being so disrespectful! Yes, she had been saying really evil things in these last few months, but to make jokes about her as she's taking on her final days is just as evil.

We faced the same thing with my grandmother in November, who sadly died a couple of days later. I pray for peace to the Rivers family and Joan

FindingNamo
#173Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 9:46pm

It's the accidental sociology minor in me.

I'm trying to recall some of my favorite jokes about that tramp Heidi Abromowitz.

"Krazy Glue couldn't keep her legs together!"

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#174Karma stops Joan Rivers's breathing
Posted: 8/30/14 at 9:50pm

Now that's funny!

Videos