News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14- Page 12

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#275Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 7:34am

Still waiting for the other story about the one who started this to break

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#276Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 8:52am

Dave28282 said: "

Take the Weinstein case for example. No doubt that he is a naughty boy. But I know very many naughty actresses too, with very special interests and flexible boundaries with different outcomes, depending if they got what they wanted or not.

It's not black or white. It's grey in 99% of the cases. And I do think that people overreact a lot. Being uncomfortable is nothing more than a learning experience.

"

Naughty boy? You do know that women accused him of rape right? Not just being naughty, but forcing himself on them? 

JBC3
#277Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 10:42am

99% of the cases?

To put it mildly, no it is not.

Impossible2
#278Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 2:59pm

The Weinstein thing is disgusting and I hope he spends the rest of his life rotting in prison.

But the Spacey stuff is just a dirty old man hitting on younger guys. Was what he did appropriate in a lot of the situations, probably not. But he is doing what a lot of gay men do, trying to cop off with as many hobags as he possibly can.

We've all had people we aren't attracted to do the same thing. If I had a dollar for every time my arse has been pinched in a gay bar or someone enters my 'personal space' with the hope they might get lucky, I'd be a millionaire. But I don't want them to rot in jail, I just want them to **** off x

Updated On: 7/8/18 at 02:59 PM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#279Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 3:09pm

I agree, and that ****-off is all that he should have said to Spacey 40 years ago. There really is nothing more to their brief interaction.

But to me, regular ass-pinches or advances by older men, are not even worth mentioning these words as it's not something I think about for longer than 1 second. But I guess if it really bothers you you can say it.

I also can't imagine this being the first or last time he encountered an advance either. When can we expect a list of all those names from mr Rapp?  Or is the level of success an indicator for mr Rapp to ring the bell about unwanted advances or not?

Updated On: 7/8/18 at 03:09 PM

Becky
#280Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 3:20pm

Wow. A child should have been expected to respond that way, and you’re writing it off to just another “unwanted advance”? No wonder it takes people years to come forward. AND comments like this is why it’s so important for people to speak up to take away the normalization of these types of “unwanted advances” so they are seen for what they are. Abuse.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#281Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 3:26pm

Rapp made clear that he was not interested in having sex with Spacey that night and that was that.

Really, there is no need for patronizing victim empowerment here. Call me old fashioned but it was handled in the moment itself. Dirty old man makes advance on young boy who says no and walks away rejected.

The strange thing about this case is why Rapp only rings the bell about a successful one in the spotlights.

Updated On: 7/8/18 at 03:26 PM

smidge
#282Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 4:03pm

The only thing about this case was that once Rapp actually said his name the industry was forced to deal with something they conveniently ignored for years. If you think Spacey's situation was just some isolated cases of graba**, you're fooling yourself. I really believe it's more serious than that.

Impossible2
#283Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 4:16pm

smidge said: "The only thing about this case was that once Rapp actually said his name the industry was forced to deal with something they conveniently ignored for years. If you think Spacey's situation was just some isolated cases of graba**, you're fooling yourself. I really believe it's more serious than that."

Then I will obviously have a totally different take on the situation.

At the moment it's little more than propositioning people inappropriately.

Impossible2
#284Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 4:20pm

Becky said: "Wow. A child should have been expected to respond that way, and you’re writing it off to just another “unwanted advance”? No wonder it takes people years to come forward. AND comments like this is why it’s so important for people to speak up to take away the normalization of these types of “unwanted advances” so they are seen for what they are. Abuse."

Nothing happened, he left just like an adult would've.

No one is trying to normalise anything, we are saying **** happens.

They both did something stupid.

So now anyone approaching someone they are interested in is to be considered abuse?

Good luck with keeping the world populated if that's the case. No one will dare ever show interest in anyone ever again.

Talk about hysteria.

Updated On: 7/8/18 at 04:20 PM

Tom5
#285Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 4:47pm

Spacey was literally one of the most celebrated actors in the world, Weinstein was literally one of the most powerful producers in the world. They held a gun to the heads of all their victims by virtue of their ability to destroy their careers and livelihoods if they didn't comply. And in some and probably many cases pulled the trigger on them. What do you mean "If anyone does anything to anyone"? Spacey and Weinstein weren't "anyones". .

Impossible2
#286Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 4:58pm

Tom5 said: "Spacey was literally one of the most celebrated actors in the world, Weinstein was literally one of the most powerful producers in the world. They held a gun to the heads of all their victims by virtue of their ability to destroy their careers and livelihoods if they didn't comply. And in some and probably many cases pulled the trigger on them. What do you mean "If anyone does anything to anyone"? Spacey and Weinstein weren't "anyones". ."

Once again all very true about Weinstein, we have heard no such things about Spacey. 

There's a very big difference between a dirty old man and a psychopath.

Sunny11
#287Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 5:01pm

Every civilised society agrees that adults should not make sexual advances to children under about  age  16 ( country depend). 

Spacey knew that Rapp was only 14. It’s not a case of him trying his luck on an adult, it was illegal and probably grounds for him to be placed on the sex offendeds list. 

Updated On: 7/8/18 at 05:01 PM

smidge
#288Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 5:12pm

"Once again all very true about Weinstein, we have heard no such things about Spacey"

Then you haven't been listening.

Impossible2
#289Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 5:20pm

smidge said: ""Once again all very true about Weinstein, we have heard no such things about Spacey"

"

You could be right, it's not something I pay that much attention to as it's none of my business. 

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#290Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 6:05pm

smidge said: ""Once again all very true about Weinstein, we have heard no such things about Spacey"

"

Actors are happy to get a role themselves. It's not like they have power over other actors.

Updated On: 7/8/18 at 06:05 PM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#291Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 6:11pm

To lighten up all the hysteria, here is a nice clip with a song about Kevin Spacey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D-qSXtyhPw

#292Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 6:21pm

As is often the case in threads about this topic, please try to keep the conversation focused on the topic, and not on attacking others. We understand that the threads around reported incidents of sexual assault and/or harassment can easily, and naturally, become emotional, so we try to allow a little leeway (as long as it doesn't get too out of hand). However, that does not permit posters to attack others. 

Thank you for understanding and keeping the discussion on topic moving forward. 

smidge
#293Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 7/8/18 at 6:23pm

Dave28282 said: "smidge said: ""Once again all very true about Weinstein, we have heard no such things about Spacey"

"

Actors are happy to get a role themselves. It's not like they have power overother actors.
"

Except that Spacey was a producer on House of Cards (as well as the lead actor in the series). He was fired after an investigation into his behavior on the set. He was also artistic director at the Old Vic, so he would have yielded power there.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#294Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/10/20 at 5:04am

The story that would not go away.....not that it should go away. If it were me I would not want to waste another second thinking about Mr.Spacey. Life is so short.

Updated On: 9/11/20 at 05:04 AM

behindthescenes2
#295Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/10/20 at 6:55am

No sympathy for Rapp other than he had issues long before age of 14 - thanks Mom and Dad. Rapps actions were opportunistic then and they are now. But at age 14 he thought he could handle men by putting himself deliberately in a situation to get this attention and then realized he was in over his head. Now, today, he’s doing it again just go home Anthony and stay there for once.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#296Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/10/20 at 7:10am

The only thing that makes any sense is that Rapp thought Kevin’s public apology was tepid and was disappointed that other lawsuits were dropped. 

Whenever I see Rapp in the audience at a play in New York I always think about Kevin Spacey and not about Rapp’s artistic contributions. I would think the fact that Spacey’s career has been ruined and his unflattering obituary has been written; it would be enough for Rapp to move on and not waste anymore time thinking about Kevin Spacey.

orlikethecolorpurple
#297Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/10/20 at 11:20am

behindthescenes2 said: "No sympathy for Rapp... But at age 14 he thought he could handle men by putting himself deliberately in a situation to get this attention and then realized he was in over his head. Now, today, he’s doing it again just go home Anthony and stay there for once."

And women shouldn’t walk alone at night or wear revealing clothing! They think they can handle the situation, but they can’t. 

Or, PERHAPS, predators are the issue! Your comment is gross, grandpa.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#298Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/10/20 at 11:50am

orlikethecolorpurple said: "behindthescenes2 said: "No sympathy for Rapp... But at age 14 he thought he could handle men by putting himself deliberately in a situation to get this attention and then realized he was in over his head. Now, today, he’s doing it again just go home Anthony and stay there for once."

And women shouldn’t walk alone at night orwear revealing clothing! They think they can handle the situation, but they can’t.

Or, PERHAPS, predators are the issue! Your comment is gross, grandpa.
"

Worth pointing out that behindthescenes2 was posting even worse versions of that take on this thread three years ago.

And the story shouldn't go away. A lot of people knew about Spacey's behavior for a very long time and turned the other way. People on this thread who remain active members on this board were and frankly still are willing to defend him or give him a pass.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

behindthescenes2
#299Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/10/20 at 1:15pm

<edited by BWW staff>> sometimes we as humans age 14, 24, 44, and 84 can make stupid choices in life and thus find ourselves in a situation that isn't the best.  Does it make it right for an "alleged" predator to take advantage of the situation? No.  And, should that prevent someone to come forward? No.  But you see herein lies the real rub, he said, and then he said or doesn't even remember and there are no valid and substantiated witnesses, most times there won't be, to confirm, even the day afterwards, or the next day, or week, or following five years, but 30 some odd years?  Funny, where was Mom and Dad, the parenting, the tearstained confiding to them......they share some of the blame in all of this.  <edited by BWW staff>> 

Updated On: 9/10/20 at 01:15 PM

Videos