News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14- Page 9

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#200Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 5:40am

UncleCharlie said: "The old "if anyone was offended by my actions, I want to apologize to them" apology.Props to his publicists and attorneys for pulling that together so quickly and on a Sunday night with the World Series on, no less."

Honestly, an apology with an "if" in it is fake at best. If harm is done, just admit it already.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#201Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 8:42am

"Several" House Of Cards employees come forward with their accounts:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/house-of-cards-kevin-spacey-sexual-harassment_us_59fba382e4b0415a420ab032?section=us_queer-voices&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000054

Gee...Surprise, Surprise...Not!

Kad is right, "it's where the bodies are..."

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?
Updated On: 11/3/17 at 08:42 AM

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#202Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 9:36am

Steve C. said: ""Several" House Of Cards employees come forward with their accounts:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/house-of-cards-kevin-spacey-sexual-harassment_us_59fba382e4b0415a420ab032?section=us_queer-voices&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000054

Gee...Surprise, Surprise...Not!

Kad is right, "it's where the bodies are..."
"

I posted that this was happening based on direct reports from people I know on that crew and BWW removed my post. WTF?!

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#203Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 11:38am

I read in an article somewhere (not sure which one) that Netflix is still considering possible spinoffs. Honestly I like that idea. They could just end House of Cards now and do a one or two season spinoff to conclude the story with the rest of the characters and leave Spacey out of it. That takes care of the problem of him being an executive producer as well.

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#204Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 12:18pm

theatregoer3 said: "I posted that this was happening based on direct reports from people I know on that crew and BWW removed my post. WTF?!"

You're not a reliable source. You're some random, anonymous Internet voice on a message board. I certainly wouldn't believe you and no one, other than a tabloid, would.

"I shall stay until the wind changes."
Updated On: 11/3/17 at 12:18 PM

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#205Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 2:49pm

And the site has a due diligence obligation to not be complicit in what may be indefensible defamation.  A poster may very well have good reason to think he or she is repeating what comes from reliable first hand sources.  But, obviously the site has no way of confirming that.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#206Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 3:16pm

..yet they like to scoop up rumors posted on here as "Rialto chatter."

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

smidge
#207Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 4:03pm

Anyone notice how Amazon pulled Spacey’s Tonys opening number from their instant video downloads of this year’s telecast?

theatregoer3
#208Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 4:24pm

A noticeable portion of this site’s articles news articles are based on heresay that gets posted to this board.

Even the Spider-Man tell all book pointed out that folks on this board flat out lied in noticible ways and this site did nothing. That’s indefensible defamation, no? Their policies haven’t shifted that greatly since then, have they?

I totally get that I’m not a reliable resource - sound argument. Makes absolute sense. But then why are other anonymous posters considered reliable enough to get their rumors put up on the site’s main newsfeed?

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#209Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 5:01pm

Not all rumors, even false ones, are defamatory in that not all of them are likely to cause the kind of harm to a named person's reputation that rises to an actionable level.  I'm not familiar with what kinds of rumors this site culls from posts to adopt for publication as "Rialto chatter"; are any of them of criminal behavior or sexual harassment, or otherwise likely to rise to defamation if they were untrue?

mpkie
#210Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 5:09pm

theatregoer3 said: "Their policies haven’t shifted that greatly since then, have they?"

In terms of posts? They have changed drastically since Muringate, and I've only been lurking since 2015. Implementation is inconsistent, which I get, as it somewhat relies on self-policing to a degree.

theatregoer3
#211Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 5:12pm

You’re limiting this discussion to defimation against individuals. What about an LLC? There’s libel against various LLC’s in these boards all the time. A fourth of the posts on this board are people calling out lies made againt LLC’s - some
of which it could be argued could cause a loss in profit.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#212Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 8:43pm

...and now, we learn production was halted and the writers are rewriting parts of or possibly all of the last season of "HOC" without, what's his name...

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#213Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 10:54pm

SPACEY HAS BEEN FIRED FROM HOUSE OF CARDS.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#214Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 11:10pm

Tgod for Netflix. Just another reason for it to be my favorite company.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#215Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 11:12pm

Can we have Anthony Rapp in at least a guest spot?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

theatretenor2 Profile Photo
theatretenor2
#217Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/4/17 at 8:45am

What was Anthony Rapp doing in Kevin Spacey's bedroom to begin with?

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#218Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/4/17 at 9:11am

In response to libel/slander suits, they rarely go anywhere. Though, my favorite was when Liberace won a libel suit because somebody claimed he was gay. lol

The elements of libel include: 

1. Someone made a statement;
  2. that statement was published (spoken if slander, slander must include somebody else besides the direct party listening to said statement);
  3. the statement caused you, a person (not a company) injury;
  4. the statement was false; and
  5. the statement did not fall into a privileged category.

However, by the time these suits make their way through court, these matters are dealt with out-of-court. I could go more into it, if you all would like that, but it's quite boring (though, my nerdy self, LOVES IT!)

theatregoer3
#219Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/4/17 at 1:14pm

Sassy Sam? More like Smarty Sam! Great info!

Jarethan
#220Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/4/17 at 1:33pm

As someone recently posted, his career is over (and I don't much care, as I have never really been much of a Spacey fan).  

On the other hand, while deep down I do believe that he is probably guilty, it bothers me that there is no 'innocent until proven guilty' premise here.    This is particularly concerning, when people are coming out of the woodworks everywhere (e.g., George HW Bush, Dustin Hoffman); I am sure that some of these accusations are opportunistic and reminiscent of scenes from The Crucible.  

In this new Trump era, go for the jugular and ask questions later.

schubox
#221Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/4/17 at 2:16pm

Why are people praising Netflix? This was a business decision. He’s been abusing cast and crew members for years. They had to know about it. Now the public finds out and they cancel the show because it would hurt their bottom line. He wasn’t fired for what he did, he was fired because we found out

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#222Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/5/17 at 2:09am

I do wonder what the deciding moment was for Rapp when he decided to come out publically with the information after 30 years. It must have been a very difficult decision to make. To be a fly on the wall......

binau Profile Photo
binau
#223Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/5/17 at 3:34am

I wonder if Trump’s sexual harassment tape came out now whether the public response would have been different. It really does seem like there has been a bit of a cultural change and I wonder if the public would give Trump such a pass.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

binau Profile Photo
binau
#224Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/5/17 at 3:57am

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Videos