News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER- Page 2

BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER

homeonstage
#25re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:07pm

Oh poor Grinch.
My cousins were SO excited for this.

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#26re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:08pm

ugh, this is absolutely terrible re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

LeoBloom2
#27re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER

Kool Aid Guy:

OH YEAHHH!

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#28re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER

Wow. This sucks.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#29re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:09pm

Thank-you, Captain Obvious.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

henryt
#30re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:09pm

I just hope that very few shows have to close due to the strike. Broadway is about variety, and if this goes on too long, the first shows to close will be the "different" ones. We might even be left with just "blockbuster shows".

AngActing Profile Photo
AngActing
#31re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:13pm

This is so upsetting! F*@k!!! Because, yeah, I think we could be seeing closing notices on a bunch more shows. Tragic.

Ok, I'm gonna try . . . and work on feeling better. Bad thoughts out!

And because I preach it -- I will imagine Broadway "coming back" one week from today.

I am aware no talks are scheduled . . .
Still, doesn't mean it won't happen sometime this coming week; or well, the day after Thanksgiving or Saturday.

That said, all right . . . since everyone is "off" so to speak. Two weeks from today, Broadway will be up and running AT THE LATEST! It is my wish, my hope and I will VISUALIZE it every day at 10 p.m.

Join me? It has more power if we all do it! So, each evening, starting tomorrow evening, November 19th, at 10:00 p.m. EST. Let's visualize (for only 17 seconds -- or more, if you want)ALL OF BROADWAY being opening, up and running, EVERYONE HAPPY (from cast, crew, audience, tourists) by NEXT SUNDAY (three days after Thanksgiving). Anyone with me? I will still do it!

If, by this coming Sunday, it is not re-open; I will just continue the 10:00 p.m., 17-second or more visualization, for an OPEN AND RUNNING BROADWAY and EVERYONE HAPPY!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I have to have a place to realize my dreams . . . I expect to be acting/singing in a Broadway before 2008 is over! It needs to be there for that to happen!!!

Love and Stage Lights, Angela Theresa
Updated On: 11/18/07 at 11:13 PM

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#32re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:17pm

Uhhh, you do that.

I think when this is finally all over, the producers should write a huge check to Broadway Cares, since they're now going to be losing close to $1 million.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

sondhead
#33re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:17pm

"The Grinch will probably post a closing notice this week, I would imagine. They're going to lose 15 sold-out shows this week."

Grinch is already cancelled. They were only willing to wait through 5 cancelled performances.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#34re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:18pm

Oh. My. God. I can't believe the producers are giving up Thanksgiving week/end. Plus, what are the stagehands supposed to do after weeks of no paychecks?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#35re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:21pm

Well this is really craptacular!

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

GlindatheGood22
#36re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:21pm

Plus, what are the stagehands supposed to do after weeks of no paychecks?

Here's an idea: CAVE.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#37re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:23pm

Why did they cancel the whole week? I just... don't understand why they'd cancel one of the busiest weekends instead of working like hell to try to solve this problem.

jake6970
#38re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:24pm

Seriously....get your asses back to the table. No further negotiations planned? Are you serious? Do you all want to lose your jobs?

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#39re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:24pm

"The Grinch will probably post a closing notice this week, I would imagine. They're going to lose 15 sold-out shows this week."

Grinch is already cancelled. They were only willing to wait through 5 cancelled performances.

Where did you get this information? There have already been more than 5 canceled preformances and no closing notice as of yet.

"Have they come yet?"

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#40re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:25pm

i am upset too. i am not going to any shows this thanksgiving break but i feel the pain who planned on going to one or more shows. this sucks. i feel bad for the performers. the thanksgiving parade won;t be the same now. the mayor should get his ass to the negoiation table to help get these 27 theatres back on stage and get back to the normal. i feel bad for all the businesses around time sqaure. this is the worst thing the city can go through for holiday season.

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#41re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:26pm

They cancelled to show the Union that they aren't afraid of losing one of their biggest weeks. That is why I think that the rumor of the League caving by Wednesday is spurious.
Keep in mind that the League has 20 million in the bank that they have culled to prepare for this. The union only has 4 million.

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#42re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:27pm

Yeah, seriously didn't The Grinch lose 7 shows within the first two days of the strike?

shesamarshmallow
#43re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER

Well, there's another week of no paycheck for me. Great.
I have some savings, but this isn't good.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#44re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER

Cape Twirl, I agree. The producers should DEFINITELY make a donation to BC/EFA after causing the loss of so much money. Perhaps both sides should take whatever is left from their war chests (provided there is anything left) and give it to the charity.

And the Grinch did not announce its closing yet...where did you get that info? I'm sure they will after being out 15 performances, but as of yet, no announcement i can find.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

TheFriarsDruggist Profile Photo
TheFriarsDruggist
#45re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:28pm

Disney needs to just pressure the stagehands into submission already. Honestly now, what's the point of having that much power in the entertainment industry if you're not going to abuse it?

"I am the Phantom of the Opera! I'm the gayest supervillian ever! OoooOOOooooOOOoooh...Beware of my scented candles...OoooOOOooooh...Scented!"

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#46re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER

Yenkees-The mayor offered his help and his offer was declined.

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

GlindatheGood22
#47re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER

Are actors still going to have to sign in?

BeingAliveNYC2 Profile Photo
BeingAliveNYC2
#48re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER

This whole thing is going on a longer than I expected. Hopefully there won't be any more shows that close, if Grinch is in fact gone for good.

'If they told you you could never love yourself, it was a lie.'- Taboo

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#49re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
Posted: 11/18/07 at 11:29pm

Can the grinch be saved? Any way? Its just sad seeing the little kids cry re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER

Videos